Some Common Sports Card Printing Errors You May Encounter

Share:

Mistakes happen — even when it comes to printing sports cards. Nobody sets out to mess up, but it doesn’t always work out that way. From time to time, we all mess up.

So do machines.

But you probably experienced that today if you encountered the Blue Screen of Death on your computer. Or when your oven decided it wanted to take a Christmas vacation of its own the moment you were readying the turkey.

When it comes to cards, things get messed up from time to time. Sports card printing errors don’t happen all that often when you consider just how many are printed each year. But they do.

However, that doesn’t usually mean you’re going to get rich if you land one.

Production Imperfections

Sports card printing errors usually show up in a few different forms. Normally, these are caused by part of the production chain.

Usually, trading cards are printed in large sheets. These are then cut down. As both cards and the printing process has evolved over the years, it has made some things easier and some a little more complicated.

For a long time, cards were simply printed images and text on card stock. In more recent years, things like foil and holograms have been added. Modern cards can look pretty amazing. But they can also lead to more potential production errors.

New cards or old, both have multiple steps involved. Every time, a new set of potential problems.

Considering the millions of cards printed each year, it’s pretty amazing to think how small the number of problems are. For most collectors, there’s a good chance they don’t ever encounter one in a pack. For others, there can be isolated times when it’s more of a “when it rains it pours” approach and you get several similar errors in the same pack or series of packs.

Most Common Types of Sports Card Printing Errors

Here are some of the most prevalent types of sports card printing errors you may encounter:

Miscut Cards

When card companies are printing cards, the aim is to make like Robin Hood and have things printed dead center. It doesn’t always work out that way. Normally, it’s just a little off, barely visible to the naked eye. Other times, you get cards they are clearly off.

And on rare occasions you get a card that is so messed up that you can’t really tell what the card is because you’ve got two or even an intersection of four cards.

Severely miscut cards were more common in the past. Today, centering is better overall but issues still happen. Needless to say, these cards don’t yield the best results from grading.

Missing Back/Front

Sometimes you find a card that looks perfectly normal on one side but when you flip it over, there’s nothing there.

Sports Card Printing Errors - Blank Back

A couple of things are at play here to consider. Some blank-sided cards are a result of print quirks, particularly from several years ago. It’d be easy to happen if a couple of sheets stuck together.

These types of cards have also surfaced on the secondary market after being cut from sheets after the fact. These sheets were known to be complete only on one side, usually with nothing on the back.

Sometimes blank backs are proofs used as part of the production process that made their way to the secondary market.

Topps also sells blank back sets for a lot of their current sets through the Topps Vault on eBay. These are manufactured intentionally as blank backs and sold as one-of-ones. Think of them as a sort of parallel.

Wrong Back

Sometimes player on the front of the card doesn’t match the one on the front. These are called wrong backs.

When you think about it, this could happen fairly easily. Sheets have a specific layout. If the sheet is off or mixed up, weird things can happen. Like wrong backs.

Some of these cards can be found with appropriate centering on the reverse. However, often, they’re in miscut territory. This varies from set to set.

Missing Foil

With the advent of foil, another step was added to the printing process. With another step comes the possibility of more mistakes.

Cards missing foil on the front are one of the most common mistakes today. Sheets can stick together. Somehow, they can get skipped. When that happens, a card that might have a foil logo or name on the front all of a sudden seems a little naked.

If you’re quickly fanning through a stack, missing foil cards can be easy to miss, especially in sets that don’t use a lot of it in the first place.

For whatever reason, a lot of times, missing foil cards come in bunches. If you buy a blaster, most of the base might be messed up. Or it could be a common theme in a hobby box. Or you could go your entire collecting life without finding any.

Weird or Wonderful?

Errors have a long and storied history in the hobby. However, the majority of those that are widely recognized in the hobby come from things like spelling mistakes and wrong photos — oops moments that happen before a card heads off to the printer.

Generally speaking, sports card printing errors have more of a novelty status. There are exceptions, like the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name on Front. But usually, these kinds of cards are outliers.

1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name on Front B

By they’re very nature, they’re mistakes that weren’t supposed to happen — like when a fast food restaurant forgets to put the beef patty on your cheese burger. Or when Leonardo’s head falls off the moment you take a Ninja Turtle action figure out of its package.

Many times, collectors look down on printing errors in the sense that they’re not complete. They don’t necessarily fit in with a set you’re building. Despite they’re sharp corners, they’re damaged. So to that end, your best recourse might be to mail them back to the manufacturer and request replacements.

What Are Sports Card Printing Errors Worth?

It’s hard to say what sports card printing errors are worth.

Putting a gauge on what these sorts of errors are worth is tough. Their appeal is largely for player collectors looking to dive deep and get whatever they can. So sometimes, you can find buyers, particularly if it’s a star or an important Rookie Card.

Even then, big money is often the exception. You might get a few dollars if you try to move it. Or it might just sit there. It’s all dependent on who it is and if the right collector comes along. So few are actively looking for printing errors that they’re often the kind of thing you usually stumble upon rather than search out. Some may even avoid printing errors because they’re not as they’re intended. Pinpointing what these kinds of cards might be ‘worth’ is extremely tough to gauge. It’s probably best to keep expectations on the modest side.

To Sell or Not to Sell?

If you land a Mike Trout or Tom Brady mistake, it might be worth your time to try and find a buyer. If it’s a fifth-year card of a 35-year-old reliever in a set you’re working on, replacement might be the better route.

Depending on your take, sports card printing errors can add a little flavor to a break or they can be annoying. Just like a lot of other parts of the hobby, it comes down to preference.

Share:

Ryan Cracknell

A collector for much of his life, Ryan focuses primarily on building sets, Montreal Expos and interesting cards. He's also got one of the most comprehensive collections of John Jaha cards in existence (not that there are a lot of them). Got a question, story idea or want to get in touch? You can reach him by email and through Twitter @tradercracks.

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

112 comments

1. IamNotARobot 11 May, 2018 at 12:31

I have a few error cards in my collection. Topps had a hard time one year with Mark Carrier DB Bears and his cousin Mark Carrier WR Bucs. I also have a couple of other players with wrong backs. They are kind of cool and different, but I wouldn’t pay big bucks for any of them. I have seen people pushing error cards on eBay, usually overinflating the value based on rarity.

2. David Hollingsworth 11 May, 2018 at 18:37

Back in 2009 I got some O-Pee-Chee Hockey metal (Chrome) cards that the backs were Bowman baseball cards. Got them out of packs. And the next year was when Topps changed who made their Chrome cards.

3. Jason 12 June, 2018 at 10:04

I have a mistake on my AJ Green card because instead they put a photo of Jermaine Cresham instead of AJ Green and they have all of AJ Greens stats on the back so how much do you think i can get from this card?

4. John 27 June, 2018 at 14:08

John
    June 2018 at 2:00

I have twenty six 1993 94 Ultra basketball cards that has is a error card I will name one of them Dennis Rodman on the back and Robert Horry on the front I had these cards since 1992 I love looking at the cards just wondering if they would have any value to them I don’t know

5. Richard Ayotte 16 September, 2018 at 19:50

I have a bowman hocley card joe nieuwendyk pictured on front and on back reads pierre turgeon at the top and has number 145 that is not turgeon or nieuwendyk its mike krushelnyski do you know anything about this card…thank you

6. KC Morgan 11 October, 2018 at 13:36

I don’t have any error cards. However I have Three Wax Pack Wrappers that have errors. Color being the issue. Missing some color, colors, partial color Looks like color worn off, but I think it is the the start of printer running out of ink. Is there any value in these?? Does any one collect this type of error as generally the wrappers are thrown away like most anything else.

7. Michael 22 November, 2018 at 21:05

I have a 2007 topps #301 adrian peterson rookie card but on the back it says 2010 The Topps Trading Company Inc. Is That a mistake? If so how much can I sell it for?

8. alvin soloway 19 December, 2018 at 01:35

i have some 1952/53 baseball cards that a badly damaged they were pasted in a scrap book. are they worth anything about 40 cards no mickey mantle

9. sgb 20 December, 2018 at 01:24

I Have 2 x michael jordan rookie cards with mistakes both graded 9 by becketts 1 has a small round dot no ink on the cardboard on the back one has an ink line down the front about .02mm

10. Gary Fournier 2 January, 2019 at 21:13

i have quite a few Topps NBA cards 57-58 season. About half (25) are printed upside down on the back.
    Does this make them worth more?

11. John Sandman 6 January, 2019 at 23:23

Why isn’t the 1957 Hank Aaron card, printed with the negative reversed to show him batting left-handed when he was a right-handed batter considered an error card?

12. Bob Crabill 23 January, 2019 at 16:09

I have 5 1970 Topps football cards where the backs of the cards also printed on the front. Was this a common occurrence back then? I distinctly remember opening that pack and wondering what the heck happened!

13. paul lalonde 31 January, 2019 at 10:57

I have a hockey card who was cut at the wrong place 1969 O PEE-CHEE CARD NUMBER 57 Bob Baun. We are able to see the hockey stick(only the shaft) on the left and on the right 4/4 of the shaft. Does this card is more worthy?

14. James hobbs 25 February, 2019 at 16:12

I have a dave lapoint and a Richard Dotson card half cut cards i believe they are 1988 or 1989 cards. How much do you think they are worth.

15. Stephen Gomez 27 February, 2019 at 01:58

1999 Topps Lamar Thomas #48 missing player and team name on the front, the word Topps in the upper right corner is missing approximately 50% of the word. I have both the error card and the correct card. Is it a very common error card? I have not been able to find any information by anyone else about it. Granted it’s his 6th year card so not expecting it to allow me to retire. Just curious about.

16. Christopher J Andren 5 March, 2019 at 15:51

Ryan, just pulled a 93-94 stadium club 1st day issue with scottie pippen on the front and a miscut chris mills on the back. Any idea what the value would be can’t find it anywhere. Thanks.

• Ryan Cracknell 5 March, 2019 at 16:52

@Christopher – The article explains why it’s tough to gauge what these sorts of cards might sell for.

17. John 10 March, 2019 at 00:42

1992 Topps basketball Dana Barros incorrectly cut card. It’s cut so the card is tilted left. What do you think if any value it has? I haven’t seen any copy’s of it st least where I’ve been looking.

• Ryan Cracknell 11 March, 2019 at 09:19

@John – This article explains why cards like this are tough to get a value on.

18. Kyle 10 March, 2019 at 18:25

I have a Sergei makarov Upper deck card with 2 upper deck holograms on the back of the card. Is that not an error card?

19. Stan 11 March, 2019 at 19:17

I have roughly three hundred baseball cards with most having blank backs and a few having wrong back for the picture on the front. Are they worth anything. Thanks in advance

20. Dan 15 March, 2019 at 03:05

I have a Sage Hit high series autographed Jake Elliott rookie card, but has a authority on the card that is not Jake Elliott’s, it just says AB…not even close. Also, I have a Calvin Ridley 2018 prestige passport memorabilia card that the game worn jersey is off center!! Not sure if these cards would be worth anything or even the amount that the undamaged cards would be, but it really pisses me off when it is a hit card that they messed up on. Then when you try and replace it, they give you the run around. Do you have your receipt? Do you have the box? Do you have the pack it came in? And then they expect you to pay to ship it back to them only for them to tell you that the card is not replaceable due to how old it is.

21. Eddie 16 March, 2019 at 16:28

Just found a Rashaun Woods sp Jersey auto card should be no.201 and mine is no.200 any value?

22. Richard 17 March, 2019 at 13:07

I just opened a 2019 topps opening day mis-cut mike trout its off pretty bad. Is it worth anything?

23. Tom Y 31 March, 2019 at 14:15

I have a 2007 Topps card that has a picture of Mickey Mantle on the front and the back has Edgar Renteria stat info. Both appear to be cut properly just a mix up. It appears to be a Wrong Back error as described in the article. I was thinking it may be worth something as one side is Mickey Mantle….any thoughts?

24. Henry Davis 2 April, 2019 at 14:14

I have a Topps 50th anniversary Travis Henry Buffalo Bills card. In the information it talks about the GM of the team it has the name of the GM for the Jets football team instead of the Bills football team I was wondering what kind of error card this would be and if there is any way of knowing how many were printed

25. Alex Calder 4 April, 2019 at 09:11

I have a 1966 Topps Dick Egan card with the wrong back (#412 Sam Bowens). I have looked around a little and can see nothing reported on this error anywhere. What should I do with this card? Is the best idea to get it graded which would note the error?

Alex

26. Andy 1 May, 2019 at 10:48

Ryan-

I have 2 cards from the 89 Fleer set that represent 1 player, Dan Gladden (#112). He is basically cut in half, with Frank Viola (#127) underneath him, and an unknown Twins pitcher above him. I have scoured the internets looking for any intel on these cards, but no luck. Both cards are ungraded but in mint condition. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

• Ryan Cracknell 1 May, 2019 at 11:16

@Andy – It sounds like a mis-cut card, which are mentioned in the article.

27. Tony price 26 May, 2019 at 22:16

Have a Complete Box set that looks different than the others. 1988 Fleer Complete Set found it in a storage unit. Had 11 still wrapped and one that was open. The one open has the “COMPLETE 1988 FLEER SET INSIDE” printed twice on top and the 660 CARDS & 45 STICKERS that should be on top of the box is on the front. Is this worth anything?

28. Roger Versch 13 June, 2019 at 02:41

I have a 1 only error card #190 Davey Allison In Memory card. The print was overlayed as it was stamped twice. 1st stamp was error in spelling and second stamp was the fix. The error on card was also circled. Any ideas what to do with card or a value? I called the Traks company and spoke with the man that ran stamp machine. He said he remembered the bad sheet with error and apparently they forgot to move the sheet before stamping the sheet. It is a 1 of 1. Only 1 world wide. I thought about auction block.

29. Cathy 1 July, 2019 at 23:36

I have some 1989 Donuss printed on front of card on back the cards according to on the internet are they are 1988 leaf which is printed on back. Are they worth anything

30. Bill waddle 14 July, 2019 at 12:23

I have a 1999 Upper Deck MVP Michael
    Jordan checklist card #220 . The card has a face and other parts of what appears to be Rusty Wallace the race car driver embossed on the front of the card . I did hear that there was a few cards like this from that set with the same embossed front but not a Jordan . I also heard that very few or maybe a hand full made it in to circulation . I’m think this Jordan I have is possibly a 1/1 and the other few are 1/1s also . It must have been caught really early in the printing process . I have never heard anything about this card or cards and i’v had the Jordan sence 1999 .

31. mlb card god 21 July, 2019 at 06:11

I have a 2019 Topps series 2 ink error of a local team player the brewers. Number 554 the weird part is error is ink dripped towards the bottoms the red smeared a little.

32. Olivier Perrinjaquet 27 August, 2019 at 18:39

I have a Michael Jordan Spx 1996 error card with Jerry Stackhouse in the hologram. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be worth? I also have an Allen Iverson Topps Stadium Club that is not focused.

33. Adam Hope 16 November, 2019 at 08:52

i have a 17-18 leaf pearl hockey Bill Barilko misprint which stats 8/3.still in original factory sealed case with seal still intact. was wondering what the price on this might be or if there is anyone who might be interested

34. Frank 5 December, 2019 at 19:20

35. Dave 8 December, 2019 at 18:15

I have a 1970 topps (330) miscut Lou Brock baseball card. Great condition. What if any additional value could I expect if I sell?

36. Gerard Frank 26 December, 2019 at 15:10

Hello Ryan Cracknell ……Back in 1997/8 I bought a pack of skybox got the Kobe Bryant frequent flyer #9 and the whole back was triple printed so I put it in a plastic..for years I looked around and online nothing like it everyones I see is normal..What now? Im up for any Infor..Thanks Frank

37. Juan aranda 13 January, 2020 at 12:59

Hi. I just came across a Roberto Clemente 2989 card. Not similar to what is shown on line
    Mine has a crest over the left shoulder. Bronze colored with the name Roberto clemente
    1989. Bowman. In near mint condition. How do I find it’s value

38. Anthony Verdi 26 January, 2020 at 11:05

Just got a Tom Brady panini Prizm with Baker Mayfield on the back plus it’s up side down. I was a pressman for 22 years so I know the mistake they did and how that happened. Also a Deshaun Watson with earl campbell on the back and Odell Beckham with Peyton manning on the back. It’s pretty cool

39. Cowboy 29 January, 2020 at 16:17

I have a 95 pro line classic 307 it has bret favre of greenbay packers on front and rodney hampton of the giants on the back.

40. LJJR76 1 February, 2020 at 00:04

I love baseball, and collecting cards just as I enjoy collecting coins. I like errors. I have one baseball card error that I’ve never seen, a 92 Topps card with Stan Belinda pitching and Bret Barberie batting on the front of same card and no back. Can’t seem to find any reference of any other cards similar.

41. Sandra Nunez 4 February, 2020 at 01:40

I actually have 2 days cards I am curious about. One is a 1994 Richard Dent card that says he played for the San Francisco 49ers but the picture and stats are from the Chicago Bears. The other is a 1994 Ken Norton card. The picture and stats are from the Dallas Cowboys but the name says San Francisco 49ers as well. Can anyone help please?

42. Ryan prieto 7 February, 2020 at 12:21

I have a 2007 Upper Deck 179 Frank Thomas Oakland A’s baseball card but the front says Blue Jays and designated hitter and has the blue Jays trademark instead of Oakland A’s trademark. Is this card Worth anything

43. K Neville 11 February, 2020 at 00:10

I have a2005 prestige with tom brady on the front but the back is Kellen Winslow jr. Centered and cut perfect. I also came across some lesser known players as well as a numbered devin Harris rookie yet it has Elgin Baylor’s auto on it #2/25.

44. d barker 11 February, 2020 at 19:50

i just opened a pack of 2000 skybox dominion, i found a doug flutie card with the name patrick johnson on it from the balitmore ravens. i did a little research and that player wasn’t even in the set of cards that year. the front is a picture of doug flutie and the back has doug fluties stats

45. Robert Daugherty 25 February, 2020 at 13:52

I have a 1990 Topps All Star Julio Franco #386 Baseball Card that is totally miscut. Need info.

46. Chris 26 February, 2020 at 06:24

I have a 1986 mj Fleer premier rookie card but premier is spelled with an e on the end. Does anyone know if this an error card?

47. Nicholas Richards 9 March, 2020 at 16:23

I have a 1991 Topps 790 Ken Griffey Jr card that has a blank front and normal back card…and cant find any info or value. I know most cards found have blank backs and not fronts…any info would be appreciated

• Ryan Cracknell 9 March, 2020 at 17:57

@Nicholas – Black fronts are addressed in the article as well as why it’s hard to gauge values on cards like these.

48. Jeremy Perkins 15 March, 2020 at 04:44

I got a Santonio Holmes on the front and Kurt Warner on the back .. Wondering what it’s worth

• Ryan Cracknell 17 March, 2020 at 22:05

@Jeremy – The article explains why placing values on things like these can be difficult.

49. Ken 17 March, 2020 at 22:05

I have a few mixed up hockey cards the first is a 1992 upper deck hockey hero’s card of Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe card #20 of 27 which is a miscut …the words Upper Deck on top are 3/4’s cut off and I have 2 or 3 Leaf hockey cards that have mis-prints …the card of John Lecler but the foil printing of leaf and the name are upside down …the name says Teemu Selanne

50. John Easter 26 March, 2020 at 11:37

I have a 2016 WWE Nikki Bella 1/1 Kiss card. However it appears that in 2016 they got Asuka and Nikki Bellas autograph/Kisses mixed up.

Would this make it worth more or less since its a 1/1 anyways?

51. Martinez 31 March, 2020 at 10:04

I believe i have a 1955 #50 jackie robinson that has no color in the back and is missing the letter T in the corner “topps” which jus spells “opps”
    Anyone into cards, im no where close

52. Leo 17 April, 2020 at 11:32

I have a 2015 Juan Perez card, but on the back it has pitching stats and says he’s a pitcher, even though he is a outfielder. Is that worth anything?

53. Derrick shuman 1 May, 2020 at 20:06

I have a question about the 1990 to 1993 upper Deck All-Star weekend card number 424 Shaquille O’Neal I have another one as The identical front as the 424 Shaquille O’Neal card but when you flip it over on the back has number 4 and the summary that’s on the back of the card is different than the one on the 424 card with the identical front anybody tell me anything about this where where I can go to find out about this or what I should do because I have a whole lot of cards thousand-dollar thousands and I have found lots of mess ups that I can’t find anything about online anywhere and I don’t know the first thing about any of that I just know I’ve been collecting for 25 years and I’ve gotten cards from all over the United States from multiple stores and flea markets and I don’t know how to go about registering ones that may not have been found yet or even find any info on thank you you can email me please leave Shaquille O’Neal or something to do with the card in the subject line do to the amount of spam I get so somebody can please help me out I really would appreciate it

54. Joshua Musicant 27 May, 2020 at 16:03

1994 Upperdeck no foil names on front, not finding samples online, curious if anyone else has found these. Thanks ;)

55. Caleb 28 May, 2020 at 21:45

i have a George Howard Brett kellogg’s stat card with a copyright date of 1968 but stats from 1973-1982?

56. Larry Stormann 8 June, 2020 at 08:05

I have a Baseball card with the wrong # on the back, But I cannot find it anywhere online ? I was just looking for a guesstimated value. It is a 1990 Bowman Mark McGwire #234. Help me please this situation is so fustration, Im about to pull my last 8 hairs out of my head. Again, thank you for your time and patients.

• Ryan Cracknell 9 June, 2020 at 09:04

@Larry – This article explains why figuring out values on cards like this can be tricky.

57. Dave Bernas 14 June, 2020 at 10:50

Have a 2001 Black Diamond Patrick Roy with the stats for Vincent Lacavalier on the back. The front also depicts Lacavalier underneath the foil. The foil is of Patrick Roy. The Lacavalier foil is on the Patrick Roy card. I have both cards. Wondering about grading these error cards. Thanks Dave

58. Jeff D 28 August, 2020 at 13:13

I have a 2000 Playoff Prestige Kordell Stewart football card 144. The difference is, Kordell’s stats are on the back, and his name is on the front with Playoff Prestige in the upper left hand corner in foil. The front picture is that of Keyshawn Johnson in a Jets uniform. The front also has in white lettering “Traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    Keyshawn picture is also off center and cut off on the left side by like 1/2”. So this card has double errors.
    I’ve had collectors with 30+ years experience look at the card and never seeing it before. What would a card like this be worth and is there a market for something like this?

59. Andrew 28 September, 2020 at 15:12

I have an 1987 Eric Dickerson Topps 146 thats a blurry mess, never thought twice about it til I grabbed all my late 80s/ early 90s paperweights from my parents house and started looking through them.

60. Michael 27 October, 2020 at 17:39

I have a 2019 Shane Bieber future stars card 271 on the back the top of 271 is missing black ink and it has series . In stead of 1 also above the stats where home town is listed it is not fully stamped and also where 2019 topps is located at the bottom is missing ink spotting

61. Don Halliday 28 October, 2020 at 18:48

I have 2 95-95 Eric Desjardins upper deck hockey cards. 1 is of normal size and unflawed. the other one is the same size as the normal card but is only a border, (its entire middle picture is stamped out). The border is a few millimeters wide and from that I can discern that is in fact an Eric Desjardins card from 95-96.
    The strangest part of this card is that it is just a border, (like a picture frame without a picture) and it is the same size as all other normal cards meaning that the stamped out middle section is smaller than a normal upper deck hockey card, How did this happen?

62. crazzy187 11 December, 2020 at 01:11

I just found a 1993 Topps Joe Montana #200 with no name on front and a ToppsGold and Warren Moon Stamp on back.. have not see any like this was thinking about sending it in to get graded. Would they even grade this card?

63. Matt Hellmann 14 December, 2020 at 14:54

I have a 2004-05 Upper Deck First Class Rookies Pro Sigs NBA card Shaun Livingston misprint card where the front has nothing but Shaun’s picture (no signature), but on the back it has Luol Deng’s Pro Sigs information. Anyone ever see this card before?

64. Tommy 20 December, 2020 at 14:10

Hey, Ryan. Its been years. Going through my cards today, I came across something I have never seen before. A 1987 Jose Canseco card with the tops logo very misprinted. Just the logo. Looks like maybe a printing error? Can you help me out in finding out what kind of error this is and obviously if anyone alsenhas seen this. Wish we could upload pics. I appreciate your time. Happy Holidays. Hope all is well. Thank you.

65. Anton 20 December, 2020 at 19:04

Sometimes they make so many errors that by the time they catch it the right card has a less production number than the error…
    I remember that from a 1989 card, they made more error cards than the correct card.

M

66. Mark 9 January, 2021 at 12:34

I just bought a 1996 topps rookie kobe card and while trying to evaluate its good condition (planned to have it graded at first), i noticed the foil label on both topps and kobe bryant too low than where they should be. Everything is in place and well-centered except for the foil labels. Does this make the card more valuable? LoL

67. Jaxon 13 January, 2021 at 18:23

I have a clyde drexler card with a image of clyde drexler then the name says spudd web and the kings. On the back it is a normal clyde drexler card but again on the fron the 93 – 94 fleet ultra is on the wrong side of the card???

68. Bill McClure 14 January, 2021 at 21:57

We have a wrong back we cannot find anywhere on the internet. It is a “Measures of Greatness” Topps Baseball card 1994 with Wade Boggs on the back (603) and Ken Griffey Jr. on the front (606). Interested if anyone has seen this anywhere before.

69. Jeremy 17 January, 2021 at 23:13

I have a Ken Griffey Jr. 2013 pinnacle awaiting the call insert with the top left corner cut off and a notch on the left side towards the bottom i cant find anything like it. Any input would be awesome. Just got back into collecting so i am lost lol

70. Mac Wilson 31 January, 2021 at 14:00

I have a 1989 Upper Deck John Kruk that does not have his name on front. It is well centered so I feel it’s not the cut issue reported for card, this just has no name. Is this a known error or am I sitting on a rarer error?

71. Tom 13 February, 2021 at 01:38

I have a similar error as j
    JAXON except mine has clyde drexler on one side and Derrick colman on the other,it’s definitely some kind of misprint because there are even errors in the ink and pictures it’s pretty cool

72. Jose R. 16 February, 2021 at 15:00

I have a BGS 9 2006-2007 Bowman Chrome LeBron James no.22. The error is that it has a chrome border? I can’t find any others anywhere. I know that they make the black base, and refractor variations… but this is neither of those. I have taken it to card shops and they say it’s not worth that much but have offered me up to 200 for it. I figure if they will buy it for 200 it has to be worth more? Has any one arm another chrome bordered 2006 Bowman Chrome card?

73. Kimberley Dougherty 16 February, 2021 at 18:27

I have three 1993 Upper Deck cards that are miscut. Brent Gates, Tyler Green & Troy Percival. I can’t find the value on these cards anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction? I’d like to sell if it’s worth it.

74. DAVE 19 February, 2021 at 22:32

Way back in 1990 I got some misprinted whole sheets of hoops cards with Jordon on the Front and Robert Parish on the back. I cut a couple of them out by hand but the rest were destroyed in a basement flood. If I can get them cut to size would they be worth anything.

75. Esther Panzone 20 February, 2021 at 15:53

do you know anything about 1992 upper deck football error on the #437 steve jordan card having ricky watters on the front. thanks

76. MIke 23 February, 2021 at 17:39

Ryan, Thanks for a great article. Been hanging on to a Kevin Garnett Rookie card my son got in a pack of cards back in 1995 or 1996. It appears to be a “wrong back” with Carlos Rogers on the back. Kevin Garnett Rookie seems important but based on your article it may not have much value.
    thanks Mike

• Ryan Cracknell 23 February, 2021 at 19:59

@Mike – They’re novelties. Some like them. Being a rookie of a Hall of Famer, you might find someone who is will to pay a premium.

77. Sean Cannon 28 February, 2021 at 10:06

I have a T207 John Kling with Recruit Cigar printed in PA in 1912. It’s in very good condition but it was printed crooked. I haven’t seen any cards online of this era with this anomaly. No idea if that adds or takes value away.

78. Sam Wagner Sr. 10 March, 2021 at 16:30

What can you say about 1998 Peyton Manning SP RC Die Cut with the serial number hand written in Silver Ink instead of it being machine stamped. 378/500.

79. Javier Munoz 13 March, 2021 at 11:00

Would cards with the wrong Autograph sticker be worth anything? I’ve came across 2 I have a Jared Pinkney XR card with Eno Benjamin’s auto, and now a Jake Fromm Phoenix Card with Jacob Easons Auto.

80. tony 30 March, 2021 at 13:48

I have 2000 bowman chrome football cards of sp rookies /499 but they have no serial #’s