`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pujols to Angels...

RE: Pujols to Angels...
(12-08-2011, 08:37 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: i will still collect him. it was him i liked, not the Cardinals
+2

It actually makes it a bit easier for me (a Cubs fan) to collect him now that he's not a Card any more lol.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Long time Cards fan...never really cared too much for the Angels, even after the name change to include LA...but some guys think that making that much money is important. What I don't understand, however, is why, if you came out of poverty, if offered that kind of money, you still need to get more? Is it pride?

In the end though, he did what he wanted to with the Cards, and the Cards were happy with what he did for them. I'm sure it was tough on both sides to walk away, but the Cards will survive and Pujols will get to new milestones in a new place.

Normally on the football boards but as I huge cards fan I wanted to put this out there. The angels deal with Pujols was for 10 years 254 mil, the cards offered 9 years 210 with a 10th year vesting option that would have put it in the 235 range. That's a difference of 19 mil, now figure in that the tax rate in California is 4% higher and that 254 just became roughly 244 mil, it's will also cost him another 1 mil to his agent ( an extra 19 mil at 5% for agent ) now his contract is is down in the 243 mil range. That's a difference of 8 mil over a 10 year period meaning he signed with the angels for 800 k more a year than what Stl offered. If you figure in the cost of living in LA is several times higher he is making even less. Hello greed and getting every last dime you can.

I'm personally glad as a cards fan that he is gone. This contract will be good for 3 years and the last 7 well hello Alfonso Soriano. Good luck angels fans you will need it in the years to come.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(12-09-2011, 11:20 AM)biglump007 Wrote: I'm personally glad as a cards fan that he is gone. This contract will be good for 3 years and the last 7 well hello Alfonso Soriano. Good luck angels fans you will need it in the years to come.
WOW!
No thank you Mr Pujols for helping to win your precious Cardinals 2 World Series Championships!?!?!?
As a Southern Californian I'm happy to have Albert.

(12-09-2011, 12:18 PM)juda7 Wrote: WOW!
No thank you Mr Pujols for helping to win your precious Cardinals 2 World Series Championships!?!?!?
As a Southern Californian I'm happy to have Albert.
He didn't win them single handed and granted I'm thankful he help but I'm also glad he is gone. Albert ran the club house which was not good for the team as far as moral. I'm also very glad this contract is on the angels books and not the cards. You all can pay him 25 Mil a year when he is 37 to 42 and not worth it
And as far as being happy to have Albert say that in five years
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Let us know what you think here, too:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/12/albe...f-anaheim/

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

As a Cardinals fan I am saddened by Pujols' departure, but I still wish him well. Sure wish Stan the Man would have called him!

Cardinals '12 World Series Champs!
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

I'm laughing at how all the cardinal fans are trying to justify him leaving by saying in 5 years he won't be as good and the angels are going to overpay. Do you not realize that part of the reason he took the Angels offer is so he could DH and keep playing?

Once he became an angel they overpaid, but if he was still a Cardinal, I'm sure the cardinal fans would have overlooked the fact that he would not be as mobile around first base in years 6-10 of the contract.

Get over it cardinals fans. Enjoy watching Lance Berkman's skills diminish and hope that David Freese and Allen Craig are your saviors if you don't sign Prince Fielder.

I hope Matt Holliday remains productive for you for the next 5 years as well.

Geez...so much for the best fans in baseball. I laughed at the people burning pujols jerseys on youtube as well.

Savy is the word. St.Louis Cardinal fans are savy enough to know that contract would have hurt us in the future. I think Pujols will go on to post good/great numbers for the Angels but that contract would have made St.Louis worse over those ten years.

I wish him luck am excited to see what the next chapter in the St.Louis Cardinals story holds. 11 World Series won with, and in the absence of, great players.

Dear Albert Pujols, Thanks for 11 great years. In that time you have helped the Cardinals to 7 post seasons, 2 Division Championships, 3 trips to the Fall Classic and 2 World Series Titles all the while solidifying your place amongst baseball's greats. I would say it has been an exciting ride for us Cardinals fans with many happy memories. I would like to wish you nothing but the best in the remaining years of your career with Anaheim.

That is my take on Albert leaving. I have no ill will towards Albert nor do I think the Cardinals failed. I hope he continues to put up HOF numbers for the Angels. Good Luck to Albert in the balance of his career and GO CARDINALS!
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.