`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pujols to Angels...

RE: Pujols to Angels...
(12-08-2011, 01:08 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Now that the angels have a new first baseman what do you think will happen to kendrys morales and mark trumbo????
move Trumbo to third base and have Morales DH
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

It's a good acquisition, but way too long of a deal. The last 3 - 4 years of this deal will be brutal for the angels with the no trade clause. A lot can happen between now and then though.

And for those preaching loyalty should remember that this is a business, and the Cardinals were entertaining the thought of trading him the past couple of years in fear of not being able to afford him after his contact expired. If the shoe was on the other foot and Pujols was on a serious decline in production what would the Cardinals say about loyalty then. He is arguably the best player in baseball and he just secured the rest of his playing career, and with the no trade clause he can go out on his terms. It was a no brainer move.
[Image: halladay4.png]
Collec
ting:
Baseball
Roy Halladay, HOF GU (Showing Induction Team Uni Only)
2005 Topps
Retired Sig Base, Gold, Black Sets
Basketball
Steve Nash

Lost a lot of respect for Pujols today. The Cardinals offered him plenty of money. Its not like they were lowballing him or something. Hes all about the money.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

I will gladly take any pujols cards from frustrated Cardinals fans. Send me open offers. I'd be more interested in parallels, inserts, GU, etc over just base cards though.

(12-08-2011, 05:14 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: Lost a lot of respect for Pujols today. The Cardinals offered him plenty of money. Its not like they were lowballing him or something. Hes all about the money.
I agree with ya. I wouldn't have been mad if he went somewhere else if the Cardinals were making lame offers. They offered what? $220? He signed for $2 more than what A-Rod did.....yeaaa don't tell me he didn't want to win the pissing contest. 10 years of respect lost in 1 day.

(12-08-2011, 05:19 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I agree with ya. I wouldn't have been mad if he went somewhere else if the Cardinals were making lame offers. They offered what? $220? He signed for $2 more than what A-Rod did.....yeaaa don't tell me he didn't want to win the pissing contest. 10 years of respect lost in 1 day.
I do not think the offer was $220M, because there were reports that the Cards upped their offer to 10 years and then early this morning I heard, MO said they did not offer him the 10 years. I also heard he left money on the table in Miami. It was reported that Miami offer $275M. I think it was more about pride then the money, think about it. Albert is over achieving for 10 years, then they bring in Holliday and pay him more then Albert for less production. The Cards should have made their move on him the day after they won the W.S. but no, they sit and waited 2 months and another offer was put on the table before they showed interest. As for him leaving, I am not mad at him. The way I see it, he does not owe the fans or the organization anything. He played his heart out for 11 years and never complained and did everything he was asked to do. I gaurentee that not one person anywhere would turn down that kind of money for any reason.

(12-08-2011, 05:44 PM)dkotart Wrote: As for him leaving, I am not mad at him. The way I see it, he does not owe the fans or the organization anything. He played his heart out for 11 years and never complained and did everything he was asked to do. I gaurentee that not one person anywhere would turn down that kind of money for any reason.
Well said.
Welcome Prince Albert to sunny Southern California!!
[Image: FebGoletaBeach.jpg]

I don't really see how you can be mad at him if you are a Cards fan, this is a business after all. Same with LeBron
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I wouldn't turn down $200 million either, even if I did have to live in St. Louis.

I think he missed a big opportunity here to really set himself apart from the rest of the athletes in the current sports landscape. Following the LeBron debacle last year, if we would've come out after these long discussions and offers and signed with the Cards, he'd be talked about in mythic terms for the rest of baseball history. Instead, he looks just like every other player chasing dollars. He's already earned more than he could ever want. With these guys already making astronomical amounts of money, I can't believe they don't consider stuff like public perception and history more important than they do.

logic folks:

all the teams offered him tons of money

the difference: the cards and marlins wouldnt give him a no-trade clause. the angels did

it's called stabilty and security

stop saying he went for the money, that he is greedy, that somehow his decision makes him less worthy of respect. it just isnt true