IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pujols to Angels...

RE: Pujols to Angels...
(12-08-2011, 06:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: logic folks:

all the teams offered him tons of money

the difference: the cards and marlins wouldnt give him a no-trade clause. the angels did

it's called stabilty and security

stop saying he went for the money, that he is greedy, that somehow his decision makes him less worthy of respect. it just isnt true
It'd be interesting to see how his 10 years play out. If he were to fall off the shelf after 5 years while still bringing home $20+ million a year and monkeywrenching the Angels payroll (hello, Mr. Zito), I doubt he'd offer to restructure his deal or anything. I'd call that a little bit greedy I guess. But not to his face.

(12-08-2011, 06:21 PM)rossmaute Wrote: It'd be interesting to see how his 10 years play out. If he were to fall off the shelf after 5 years while still bringing home $20+ million a year and monkeywrenching the Angels payroll (hello, Mr. Zito), I doubt he'd offer to restructure his deal or anything. I'd call that a little bit greedy I guess. But not to his face.
how is that greedy? baseball contracts are guaranteed, and the union has always prevented players from restructuring deals (arod tried to go to the red sox through a restructured deal, but the union squashed it. and um..thank goodness)

I also can't wait to get a Pujols Auto in an Angels uniform!!

(12-08-2011, 06:31 PM)juda7 Wrote: I also can't wait to get a Pujols Auto in an Angels uniform!!
+1!
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(12-08-2011, 06:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's called stabilty
A bit contradictory, no?

Stability is sticking with the franchise and fanbase that loves you. Not skipping town and signing with the team that offered you more money.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

(12-08-2011, 07:08 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: A bit contradictory, no?

Stability is sticking with the franchise and fanbase that loves you. Not skipping town and signing with the team that offered you more money.
they didnt offer more (or much more)
they offered a no trade clause, something st louis wasnt willing to do

it wasnt pujols being unloyal to the cards, it was the cards not being loyal to him

if the cards give him a no-trade clause...he is still there

This is why I collect Ozzie Smith and never have paid for a single Pujols card. I've traded for a few and kept the one's I've pulled, but this shows that there is almost no such thing as loyalty in sports. It's a bad deal for all involved. In STL Pujols could decline over the years and still be loved. In Anaheim when he declines he will be ripped to shreds and so will ownership for wasting so much money. The Cardinals lose a once-in-a-lifetime player, face of the franchise, not to mention incredible amounts of merchandise and ticket sales he is responsible for. Pujols will have his career split between two teams. At the WS Bob Gibson, Stan Musial, Ozzie Smith, Lou Brock, and Red Shoendienst (may have left someone out) were all honored together. Pujols will never be a part of that. The Cardinals likely won't retire his number, and he probably won't be good enough for the Angels through the whole contract to retire his number there. They will have to decide what hat he will wear in the Hall...Countless future consequences, but I guess 50 million dollars is enough to throw all of that away. But I blame both parties. They both should have compromised to keep him there, and neither party seemed to. They've just taken us fans out on an incredible date, only to dump us after it was over. Pujols is worse than Lebron. Lebron deserved to win championships, Pujols left a championship team for money and warm weather. And don't expect the Cardinals to spend Pujols' money on other players, despite all the extra money a World Series brings in, their payroll will likely drop. I hope the Blues make the playoffs because I need some games to go to in April/May, and I won't be visiting Busch any time soon. Maybe after hockey season is over and baseball is all that's left, but then maybe I will just actually do yard and house work that I otherwise would just be neglecting. Or I'll go watch the local independent minor league team.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I wonder if people will burn Pujols jerseys like people burned LeBron jerseys in Cleveland
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(12-08-2011, 08:13 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I wonder if people will burn Pujols jerseys like people burned LeBron jerseys in Cleveland
um, already started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxFc2xQO...e=youtu.be
i wonder how long until st louis fans start with rumors about steroids and hgh

i will still collect him. it was him i liked, not the Cardinals