IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pujols to Angels...

RE: Pujols to Angels...
(12-08-2011, 06:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: logic folks:

all the teams offered him tons of money

the difference: the cards and marlins wouldnt give him a no-trade clause. the angels did

it's called stabilty and security

stop saying he went for the money, that he is greedy, that somehow his decision makes him less worthy of respect. it just isnt true
This is very true as I believe he would have taken the $200 million offered by the cardinals if they gave him the 10 year no trade clause. Why do you people think he owes you anything when he was actually underpaid for his position. You talk about loyalty think why would the cardinals not give him a 10 year deal after all he has done for them. He made the best option for his career and to make a chase for the homerun record. The cardinal’s fans that are mad at him are just selfish to me. They wanted him to take a lower deal with the chance of him being traded or dropped if he didn't do well. Get real anyone in his position would do the same. He didn't want to be that player that switched teams 5 times in his last 10 years.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(12-09-2011, 09:38 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: This is very true as I believe he would have taken the $200 million offered by the cardinals if they gave him the 10 year no trade clause. Why do you people think he owes you anything when he was actually underpaid for his position. You talk about loyalty think why would the cardinals not give him a 10 year deal after all he has done for them. He made the best option for his career and to make a chase for the homerun record. The cardinal’s fans that are mad at him are just selfish to me. They wanted him to take a lower deal with the chance of him being traded or dropped if he didn't do well. Get real anyone in his position would do the same. He didn't want to be that player that switched teams 5 times in his last 10 years.

As a player with ten years in the league, and the last five years with the same team, he would have automatically had "no trade" rights. You're right about the Marlins, but worrying about a trade is not the reason he did not resign with the Cardinals.

Good point Chrisa. I'm sure Albert wanted to finish out his career as a Cardinal. The Cardinals' organization could not justify securing a 10 year no trade clause/deal based on past accolades. Just look at Bryce Harper, second best hitter in the MLB making millions of dollars already. Oh wait! Harper hasn't played a single MLB inning yet. Believe the hype about Pujols, he's worth the money based on past accolades. Also deserves the respect of the baseball community for what he's done for the Cardinals Organization and baseball.