`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US175 the Trout are jumping again!

RE: US175 the Trout are jumping again!
It was curious to me that the Gold, diamond, cognac, blue & red versions of the us175 have kinda leveled out to be around the same price guide value, when in the past, the Target Red (not numbered) and the Gold (numbered to 2011) were much higher in price guide value. This leveling out to me would mean that supply and demand are not as far apart as they once were, I'm guessing (economics 101? Smile )
Just searching through eBay for availability there are nearly 300 us175 listed, a certain percent are reprint cards, there are a huge percentage of the base RC. Diamond and cognac are about the same 2-3 percent, the gold and blue about 1% and the red .... none listed. The black numbered to /61 are likewise not listed at all. As far as scarcity the Target Red and the Black s/n cards have been less available than all the other variants. So the black card is valued approximately 100X more than the Red. The Red version was at one point about 3-4X higher in OPG value than the Cognac, Silver and Blue and just about 20% lower than the gold. That was for a good 2 years before the RC base started creeping up.
I dunno ... I guess I just find it weird and I must be bored to be spending this much time thinking about it. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-30-2019, 05:41 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It was curious to me that the Gold, diamond, cognac, blue & red versions of the us175 have kinda leveled out to be around the same price guide value, when in the past, the Target Red (not numbered) and the Gold (numbered to 2011) were much higher in price guide value. This leveling out to me would mean that supply and demand are not as far apart as they once were, I'm guessing (economics 101? Smile )
Just searching through eBay for availability there are nearly 300 us175 listed, a certain percent are reprint cards, there are a huge percentage of the base RC. Diamond and cognac are about the same 2-3 percent, the gold and blue about 1% and the red .... none listed. The black numbered to /61 are likewise not listed at all. As far as scarcity the Target Red and the Black s/n cards have been less available than all the other variants. So the black card is valued approximately 100X more than the Red. The Red version was at one point about 3-4X higher in OPG value than the Cognac, Silver and Blue and just about 20% lower than the gold. That was for a good 2 years before the RC base started creeping up.
I dunno ... I guess I just find it weird and I must be bored to be spending this much time thinking about it. Smile
More data to support movement trends? Scarcer card = less movement = lower confidence level in that data? That's how I would view my data at work. More data = higher confidence level, stronger control limits. Less data = lower confidence level, massive control limits, i.e. WIDE variation.

Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(09-30-2019, 10:33 PM)flamethrower Wrote: More data to support movement trends? Scarcer card = less movement = lower confidence level in that data? That's how I would view my data at work. More data = higher confidence level, stronger control limits. Less data = lower confidence level, massive control limits, i.e. WIDE variation.
Wide variation sounds right! Thanks for the data analysis Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-30-2019, 10:33 PM)flamethrower Wrote: More data to support movement trends? Scarcer card = less movement = lower confidence level in that data? That's how I would view my data at work. More data = higher confidence level, stronger control limits. Less data = lower confidence level, massive control limits, i.e. WIDE variation.
Seems legit