`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US175 the Trout are jumping again!

RE: US175 the Trout are jumping again!
I'm not surprised. I said at the beginning of this season that his cards were undervalued. I expect his Finest to go up in a big way in the next couple of years.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I'm not surprised. History on him has taught me to hold. I will continue to do so. I am also going to be looking for some deals in the off season where we will most likely see a dip in prices on auction sites.

Amazing with the run of RCs in the Topps Updates that seem to be the most sought after RCs.
Trout
Altuve
Kershaw
Scherzer
Blackmon
Lemahieu

now Gleyber Torres, Soto, Acuna, etc.
I'm also surprised his Contenders RC has not moved much, considering it's his only RC under $100.

(09-12-2019, 12:57 PM)mberger Wrote: Amazing with the run of RCs in the Topps Updates that seem to be the most sought after RCs.
Trout
Altuve
Kershaw
Scherzer
Blackmon
Lemahieu

I'm also surprised his Contenders RC has not moved much, considering it's his only RC under $100.
Maybe because of the no logo thing?
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(09-12-2019, 01:19 PM)hempick Wrote: Maybe because of the no logo thing?
That's probably it. That being said, once all the other Trout RCs price themselves out of the market, people may want to grab that one to at least have a rookie card of him.

Mike

(09-12-2019, 01:45 PM)mberger Wrote: That's probably it. That being said, once all the other Trout RCs price themselves out of the market, people may want to grab that one to at least have a rookie card of him.

Mike
The funny thing about that card is, it has the iconic Rated Rookie logo (which I love), but they made it so small and put it under his armpit so you barely notice it.

Plus, he looks very awkward in the photo, like he doesn't want to do a throwing pose or something.

(09-12-2019, 12:57 PM)mberger Wrote: Amazing with the run of RCs in the Topps Updates that seem to be the most sought after RCs.
Trout
Altuve
Kershaw
Scherzer
Blackmon
Lemahieu

Specifically the 2011 update RCs are an amazing group.
Of course there's Trout, but Altuve, Goldschmidt, JD Martinez, Lemahieu, Rizzo, & Blackmon are all pretty great and their 2011 Topps Update RCs are decent value with the same print run of Trout. Some of these guys might be future HOF right alongside their 2011 RC Angel brother. I'm sure their card prices will rise, although not the extent of Trout's! Altuve's seems to consistently be the 2nd best of the bunch, price-wise.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

As far as Topps Update RC's in general, dont forget Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger, Christian Yelich, and Bryce Harper.

Heck, even "lesser stars" RC's like Domingo German, Luke Voit, and JT Realmuto benefit from being in Topps Update.

Im annoyed at myself that I didnt fully appreciate the value of that set until this year and until I started trading on here. Am very much looking forward to busting open some packs of 2019 Update soon!

(09-12-2019, 01:19 PM)hempick Wrote: Maybe because of the no logo thing?
Re: Trout's 2011 Contenders RC being the most affordable of his RCs.
Hmmmm, I guess that might be the main reason, although you'd think that it wouldn't matter all that much, Trout being so popular and all. The only other thing could be the perceived print run. Perhaps Contenders was super over-printed? I remember boxes of Contenders selling very cheap for a very long time and Blowout never seemed to run out of them during all the Black Friday sales.
Just speculating out loud! Smile
(09-13-2019, 09:41 AM)jbissell Wrote: As far as Topps Update RC's in general, dont forget Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger, Christian Yelich, and Bryce Harper.
Heck, even "lesser stars" RC's like Domingo German, Luke Voit, and JT Realmuto benefit from being in Topps Update.
Im annoyed at myself that I didnt fully appreciate the value of that set until this year and until I started trading on here. Am very much looking forward to busting open some packs of 2019 Update soon!
Although there were other Topps Update RC throughout, I think that after 2011 Topps realized the popularity and started over production of Update.
Remember the Topps Traded sets of the 80s? Big RC cards were coming out of those. Bonds, Strawberry, etc. after 85-86 (?), it was common knowledge to pick them up. Card store over ordered, speculators over bought and for the exception of a few cards, they're virtually valueless. Topps, being the opportunistic entity that it is, knows that 'the secret' is out and everyone that's looking for the hot RCs are mining the current Update sets. Remember when Heritage Update was being sold in a limited print run, online exclusive? Well, after those became uber-popular they released them in packs to cash in on its popularity. Opportunistic!
What I'm saying is ... Topps knows and Update may not be as good as it was in 2011 ever again. (Combined with the fact that Trout took them by surprise and they didn't flood the market with hundreds of his RCs either ... unlike Strasburg and Harper)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Just wait until Trout wins the mvp and see where this rc ends up!!