`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you want to see more posts like this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, keep the reminiscing to yourself.
5.56%
2 5.56%
Yes, please post a new thread every day.
8.33%
3 8.33%
Yes, please add a new post to this thread every day.
86.11%
31 86.11%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Fun card of the day

RE: Fun card of the day - updated 10/24
(10-26-2015, 05:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: An amazing card! I wish I was one of the lucky 500 that own one!
I can only imagine the feeling if you pulled one of these out of a pack, considering the price of a pack of Score back in 1992 was under $1. Also considering how many unopened boxes are still around, I have to wonder how many of these are still in packs.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-26-2015, 05:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: An amazing card! I wish I was one of the lucky 500 that own one!
Hey Doc, we don't know. IF they're like me, someone or someones might own more than one copy.

*EDIT
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-26-2015, 07:46 AM)djohn Wrote: Also considering how many unopened boxes are still around, I have to wonder how many of these are still in packs.
The exact same thought was in my mind while reading your post. Especially with junk wax era boxes of Score an Donruss. Did Donruss ever do anything like this from 1988 to 1992? If so with the amount of glut out there box wise it is legitimately possible any Donruss stuff is still ALL unopened.

Love the "Fun Cards" stuff keep it coming!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(10-26-2015, 10:15 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: The exact same thought was in my mind while reading your post. Especially with junk wax era boxes of Score an Donruss. Did Donruss ever do anything like this from 1988 to 1992? If so with the amount of glut out there box wise it is legitimately possible any Donruss stuff is still ALL unopened.

Love the "Fun Cards" stuff keep it coming!
Donruss did the Elite and Legends autographs in 1991 and 1992. The biggest thing with these Score inserts and the Donruss Elite and Legends inserts is that with so many boxes made, the overall odds were around 1 in several cases, so you would have to buy A LOT to even have a good chance at landing one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

(10-26-2015, 07:46 AM)djohn Wrote: I can only imagine the feeling if you pulled one of these out of a pack, considering the price of a pack of Score back in 1992 was under $1. Also considering how many unopened boxes are still around, I have to wonder how many of these are still in packs.
Okay, so now I need to buy a few cases of 1992 Score .... That might be like finding a needle in a haystack Smile
(10-26-2015, 07:47 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Doc, we don't know. IF they're like me, someone or someones might own more than one copy.
*EDIT
True, true. But it doesn't mean they'll give them up without a heavy duty price to pay.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-26-2015, 03:13 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: True, true. But it doesn't mean they'll give them up without a heavy duty price to pay.
Yes, I know that's right. I wouldn't mind having one to sell to get me some BGS 9.5 Nolans.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

RE: Fun card of the day - updated 10/25
Hey, not to horn in on your thread, but Howzabout the 1996 Pinnacle Starburst cards ... I only have one, but if they all look THAT cool, I'd want more.
Here's the one I have ... Wil Cordero .... They look more impressive in person
[Image: E7253356-3A69-4FDD-AC4A-E5409AC72D83_zpsczjfcica.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was just about to add today's card, but I'll give you the Starburst one for today, as those were great cards. Great choice for fun photo too. I'll update with another new card tomorrow.

(10-26-2015, 07:12 PM)djohn Wrote: I was just about to add today's card, but I'll give you the Starburst one for today, as those were great cards. Great choice for fun photo too. I'll update with another new card tomorrow.
Sorry 'bout that. Just found it and thought Cordero 'copping a squat' was pretty funny. Really hope you didn't mind.

Those pinnacle cards were cool. I had a Juan Gonzalez and a Dante Bichette
no org, please do not send trade requests