`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Total Disappointment

RE: Total Disappointment
Even though I'm not a Braves fan, Glavine is my favorite pitcher of my lifetime. I loved watching him pitch to batters. He was great at throwing them off mentally so that they weren't going to see the pitch they thought was coming. He is the only pitcher I have a dedicated collection of, other than Bob Gibson.

(06-05-2012, 03:04 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
Let’s go back in the 90's when Cal Ripken was being voted in with a .260 batting average and Arod and Jeter were over .300. Same scenario if you remember Jeter and Arod were the start of SS with a higher batting average as back before then a SS batting .270 was great. He might not be the best at his position but he is top 3 in the AL in his late 30's.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fan vote is only part of the process. Don't the managers pick players themselves as well? That always seems to be how the guys who aren't considered "stars", but are having solid (sometimes career) numbers get on the All-Star team.
[Image: vgh3p.png]

(06-08-2012, 12:52 AM)flushdraw78 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fan vote is only part of the process. Don't the managers pick players themselves as well? That always seems to be how the guys who aren't considered "stars", but are having solid (sometimes career) numbers get on the All-Star team.
Fans vote for the starting lineup - managers fill out the pitching staff and backups.

And for the last couple years, the fans have gotten to vote again for the 'last chance addition' (forget what they actually call it) after the managers fill out the teams.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Look at CarGo's OPS, anything above 1 is insane, he should be starting
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/artic...update0612

LMAO... Does someone who is on BMB update these lists? Prado still isn't in the top 10, but at least he is on the list at #15 and Heyward has dropped to 13th.

Come on Prado! Top 10 finish..........

Honestly, I'm surprised Alejandro De Aza didn't make the list... he's batting well over 300
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

There's a lady around here that filled out 36,100 ballots (for the DBacks) that goes to show you that its crap
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

I feel for you man. I was hoping to see Soriano at least on the list. Obviously dont expect him to get in, but just wanted to see his name towards the bottom.

I hope Starlin Castro doesnt want to play in the ASG. lol. Then Soriano might get chosen as the Cubs representative.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

Well he (Prado) ended up being the only NL player that hit .300+ and 100+ hits and 50 Runs that wasn't on the All star team.

Next year I guess.
X