`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Total Disappointment

RE: Total Disappointment
(07-09-2012, 04:37 PM)jasonmj Wrote: Well he (Prado) ended up being the only NL player that hit .300+ and 100+ hits and 50 Runs that wasn't on the All star team.

Next year I guess.
MLB.com says he has 49 runs...1 more would've pushed him over the edge!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(07-09-2012, 08:51 PM)iconms Wrote: MLB.com says he has 49 runs...1 more would've pushed him over the edge!
right and we wouldn't pay that extra penny for their cards... .99 purchased. 1.00 no thanks I'll pass. Wink

I thought he got that 50th. Well perhaps if Uggly had hit better than .225 then he would have scored 75 runs Wink

Or is it if Uggly had 100 Ks instead of 99 Ks then Prado makes the team?

99 ks! OMG 99Ks! If he were a pitcher he would be tied for 25th in all of MLB for the most Ks.

LMAO The way people pick their All Stars is crazy.

X

(06-05-2012, 03:04 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
Totally agree!

(06-05-2012, 03:04 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
We always hear the the All Star Game is for the fans and that is why the fans vote, but this argument doesn't fly anymore since Bud Selig turned the game from a simple exhibition and into a game that meant the winning league had home field advantage in the World Series. With this in effect, they also need to get rid of the mandatory 1 player from every team. The league's need to pick the best players from the first half of the current season to represent their league to win that home field advantage. It makes no sense that the fans pick the fielders, but don't pick the pitchers anyway. Maybe for the fans add one or two veterans who are retiring, close to retiring, or broke a record in the previous year. It's time to stop the popularity contest for a game that actually is meaningful now.

Also, I thought the fans in KC were classless last night booing Cano for not picking home-town Butler for the Home Run Derby and for cheering when he did horrible. If the All Star Game and its events are indeed for the fans, that means all fans of baseball, not just the particular home town that is hosting the game. There were plenty of jerseys from fans of other teams at the event and at tonight's game than just KC. There were a lot better home run hitters in the American League to choose from then Billy Butler and Cano did a great job on his picks. Shoot, you could have made a case for Albert Pujols being there over Butler. He has 2 less home runs than Butler this year, but his overall home run numbers are vastly superior. I hope next years' Captains don't give in to the pressure and pick a Met that doesn't deserve to be there just so they don't get booed in New York.

1. Fix the fan based vote and permit every person to only vote once. That way no single person can vote 30,000 times unless they have 30,000 different email addresses. Even if the fan vote was corrected, Prado would never ever ever make an all-star team. He's not a star outfielder or 2nd baseman, he's just a good ball player, who plays the game right.

2. I'm glad they booed Cano. I would've too, but just because he's a yankee PERIOD. The kid can play, but he's a yankee so screw him. That goes for Jeter, Granderson, and escpecially Arod also.

3. I think the players should vote for the all-stars. Let them, and them only, decide who should play in the game. I would expect that to be the game to watch.

4. I am happy to see Harper and Trout go and hope they each get at least an at bat. I'm sure this will be the first of many for each of them. They are without a doubt two of the most exciting players to watch.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(07-10-2012, 11:47 AM)mffpatrick Wrote: Even if the fan vote was corrected, Prado would never ever ever make an all-star team. He's not a star outfielder or 2nd baseman, he's just a good ball player, who plays the game right.
Um check out who the 2010 Starting 2nd baseman for the NL all star team was....

Have a good day.
X

(07-10-2012, 11:50 AM)jasonmj Wrote: Um check out who the 2010 Starting 2nd baseman for the NL all star team was....

Have a good day.
Duh, I was just giving you a hard time and making sure you actually read the replies to your post. I agree with you that he may have been snubbed a little this year. It doesn't help his case that the fans vote for outfielders and not specific outfield positions. Although, at this point in the season I don't think I would rate him in the top 4 of the leftfielders in the NL. I'd rate Melky, Holliday, Braun, and Cargo ahead of him right now. But, I do think he may be able to climb the ladder on the guys listed above if he can manage to stay healthy and hit like he did in 2010.

[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(07-10-2012, 09:54 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: Although, at this point in the season I don't think I would rate him in the top 4 of the leftfielders in the NL. I'd rate Melky, Holliday, Braun, and Cargo ahead of him right now. But, I do think he may be able to climb the ladder on the guys listed above if he can manage to stay healthy and hit like he did in 2010.
+1! You couldn't have said it any better.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I REALLY want to get involved in this conversation, but feel I should sit this one out! In the end, the NL won the game and so I am happy about that.

Furcal produced very well this time with a few good plays and that makes me happy. Not b/c I like him really, but he was representing my STL Cardinals and he showed why they were right to hire him.
I was at work during the game and didn't get to watch it all (that still upsets me), but I have seen the highlights and know what was going on.

Off-topic from my fav. team, I think the Nationals were wrong to move Harper to OF. Can anyone tell me exactly WHY they moved him from C to OF?

(07-11-2012, 03:26 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I REALLY want to get involved in this conversation, but feel I should sit this one out! In the end, the NL won the game and so I am happy about that.

Furcal produced very well this time with a few good plays and that makes me happy. Not b/c I like him really, but he was representing my STL Cardinals and he showed why they were right to hire him.
I was at work during the game and didn't get to watch it all (that still upsets me), but I have seen the highlights and know what was going on.

Off-topic from my fav. team, I think the Nationals were wrong to move Harper to OF. Can anyone tell me exactly WHY they moved him from C to OF?
My best guess would be to get his bat and hyped name for their fans into the game quicker. It takes a lot longer to groom a MLB catcher to handle a MLB pitching staff than it does to get an OF to the show.