`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Total Disappointment

RE: Total Disappointment
(07-11-2012, 05:14 AM)fulltritty Wrote: My best guess would be to get his bat and hyped name for their fans into the game quicker. It takes a lot longer to groom a MLB catcher to handle a MLB pitching staff than it does to get an OF to the show.
Yup exactly. Also catchers don't play everyday and they're in the NL where they can't DH him on days he doesn't catch. Plus catchers break down more rapidly. They want him to be the face of their franchise for 20 years - not 10.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I completely understand. I am a huge braves fan and I thought prado was having a great season! Im a Heyward fan and honestly he deserves it more than Heyward. Heyward has a bigger bat (not better but bigger). Going 1/4 with a 2 run home run now a days is better than 2/3 with 2 doubles in most fans minds.

Prado didn't exactly come out the right time either. A few players are like him though to. I think hunter pence is in the same boat as Prado. Pence started with a god aweful Astros, so nobody watched him. Prado was considered the 4 or 5 player on a team not winning. People didn't even know who he was until maybe a year or two ago.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-10-2012, 09:54 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: Duh, I was just giving you a hard time and making sure you actually read the replies to your post. I agree with you that he may have been snubbed a little this year. It doesn't help his case that the fans vote for outfielders and not specific outfield positions. Although, at this point in the season I don't think I would rate him in the top 4 of the leftfielders in the NL. I'd rate Melky, Holliday, Braun, and Cargo ahead of him right now. But, I do think he may be able to climb the ladder on the guys listed above if he can manage to stay healthy and hit like he did in 2010.
To be perfectly honest I wouldn't rank him in top 5 of the OF either. Then again he isn't an outfielder. He is the best 2nd baseman the Braves have on their roster (and even though Uggly started as and AS, I don't consider him a good 2B at all) Prado is also a very good 3rd Baseman (not Chipper in his prime quality, but still very solid), and he is a decent 1st baseman. Again not a top quality, but still good.

A couple of years ago they took a utility player on each team. I can't think of a better utility player in the game than Martin Prado. He is an All Star 2nd Baseman, and is a good player at a number of other positions.

And yes I read the replies Smile I don't always comment on all of them...but I read them.
X

[Image: Bryce-Harper-All-Star-Drop.jpg]

This was my favorite part of the all star game! I hope Topps makes a card of this moment!

That's a clown fly ball bro!
(07-11-2012, 08:48 AM)mcleodfive Wrote: I completely understand. I am a huge braves fan and I thought prado was having a great season! Im a Heyward fan and honestly he deserves it more than Heyward. Heyward has a bigger bat (not better but bigger). Going 1/4 with a 2 run home run now a days is better than 2/3 with 2 doubles in most fans minds.
I hear you about the 1/4 instead of 2/3. However, nobody seems to think why it was a 2 run HR or how he had a better at bat because the pitcher was in the stretch instead of the windup.

Oh well. I also like watching good pitching as much as good hitting and I know I am in the minority on that one....everyone goes to the game hoping to see a 475' hr.
X

(07-11-2012, 11:43 AM)jasonmj Wrote: [Image: Bryce-Harper-All-Star-Drop.jpg]

This was my favorite part of the all star game! I hope Topps makes a card of this moment!

That's a clown fly ball bro!

I hear you about the 1/4 instead of 2/3. However, nobody seems to think why it was a 2 run HR or how he had a better at bat because the pitcher was in the stretch instead of the windup.

Oh well. I also like watching good pitching as much as good hitting and I know I am in the minority on that one....everyone goes to the game hoping to see a 475' hr.
Actually I agree on the pitching to lol. I would prefer a shutout over anything hitting wise (unless if someone breaks a tainted home run record by bonds, or something to that caliber). I have dreamed of watching a perfect game and even a no-no honestly.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

[quote='jasonmj' pid='2065908' dateline='1342025019']

That's not the first time that's happened to Harper. Living in the DC area, I get to see the Nats frequently (not a Nats fan). I've seen him do that in DC on fly balls. He'll get the hang of it though. But that goofy stuff happens when you turn a catcher into an outfielder.

I think Prado's a much better defensive second baseman than Uggla, but thanks to Ryne Sandberg it's a power hitters position LOL.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(07-11-2012, 10:42 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: [quote='jasonmj' pid='2065908' dateline='1342025019']

That's not the first time that's happened to Harper. Living in the DC area, I get to see the Nats frequently (not a Nats fan). I've seen him do that in DC on fly balls. He'll get the hang of it though. But that goofy stuff happens when you turn a catcher into an outfielder.

I think Prado's a much better defensive second baseman than Uggla, but thanks to Ryne Sandberg it's a power hitters position LOL.
LMAO....true
X

Who's that masked man playing short in Atlanta tonight.....he really can play anywhere. Give him some gear and put him behind the plate too. LMAO

(07-13-2012, 10:06 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: Who's that masked man playing short in Atlanta tonight.....he really can play anywhere. Give him some gear and put him behind the plate too. LMAO
He said yesterday that he wants to pitch an inning before he retires.....he might just get the chance.

And wow he did a decent job at short. I don't think he has the range and certainly not the range of Simmons, but he did great.
X

(07-14-2012, 11:01 PM)jasonmj Wrote: He said yesterday that he wants to pitch an inning before he retires.....he might just get the chance.

And wow he did a decent job at short. I don't think he has the range and certainly not the range of Simmons, but he did great.
He made a hell of a play, that's for sure. They should let him play a position an inning during a game ala Bert Campaneris.