`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Keenan Burton Super Collection

Just found this cool article about Burton! I enjoyed it thoroughly and thought someone else might too!

WR Burton Making Progress For The Rams

ST. LOUIS (AP)

The last time St. Louis Rams receiver Keenan Burton was on the field he tied an NFL career high with five catches and the 54 yards was a personal best. If the records seem modest, remember that Burton is a second-year player for a team that is not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

But in that game, two weeks ago, Burton helped the Rams snap a 17-game losing streak with a 17-10 win at Detroit."I love playing football and I'm grateful for the opportunity," Burton said Friday.

"I try to do what they ask me to do."The Rams (1-7) will be asking everyone to contribute this Sunday when they host New Orleans (8-0). So far, coaches like what they are seeing from Burton.

After the season-ending injury to Laurent Robinson in Week 3, Burton moved into the starting lineup. Since then, he has 25 receptions for 253 yards and has caught a pass in 16 consecutive games.

He has five or more catches in three of the past four games.That production by Burton has impressed rookie coach Steve Spagnuolo."This particular week, I thought he had a real good week of practice," Spagnuolo said. "He looks real confident to me in what he's doing out there. He's really helping all those other guys out there. He's very smart, a real pro.

I think he's doing a really good job.Pat Shurmur, the Rams' offensive coordinator, said he has seen steady development from Burton."Keenan is a guy that everybody would love to have on their team anywhere," Shurmur said. "He is a very steady guy, very detailed, learns exactly what we are asking him to do and then he goes out there and executes."

Veteran quarterback Marc Bulger likes what he has seen from Burton. Getting in sync with a receiver takes time but he believes Burton's work ethic is paying off. "He's learning. I've always said it's just a lot of repetitions and experience in this league," Bulger said. "He's starting to get that. He's willing to learn. We get to talk a lot during practice. He asks the coaches questions. He has a great attitude which I think is going to help pay off when he really starts becoming one of the best receivers in the league."That's Burton's goal.

He enjoyed a prolific career at Kentucky, where he ranks fourth with 182 receptions. He had 2,320 yards and 25 touchdowns for coach Rich Brooks, who coached the Rams their first two years in St. Louis before being fired."I talk to coach Brooks often," Burton said.

"I actually look at his picture every day because it reminds me of how things were at Kentucky and gives me the extra motivation that anything is possible."

Burton's role model as a pro is Torry Holt, whom the Rams released in the offseason and now is with Jacksonville."Torry was the best thing that ever happened to me," Burton said. "He gave me a lot of knowledge. He taught me how to practice, what to look for. I watched him take care of his body, how to eat and things like that. He's one of the most professional guys that I've been around. I don't think it gets any better than Torry Holt."
266 Autographs | 19 1/1's | 6 Inscriptions | Two Game Used Jerseys SIGNED in person

[Image: KillerB.jpg]

Sweet auto card pickups, A&B!!! I really like the multiplayer auto cards I've been seeing from SP Signature this year. Carson Palmer isn't in any of the auto sets, but I'm fighting the urge to pick up a couple anyway...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

NineOf Wrote:Sweet auto card pickups, A&B!!! I really like the multiplayer auto cards I've been seeing from SP Signature this year. Carson Palmer isn't in any of the auto sets, but I'm fighting the urge to pick up a couple anyway...

Thanks buddy!!! Those multiplayer autos have impressed me this year as well! Too be honest with you I'm not really suprised Carson is not in this set, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm mean that he is more of an elite player and they don't really have any of those in this set unless they're SUPER SP'ed and they don't have to many of those in this set. Its too bad though It'd be cool to have some nice Carson in this set. and I would definitely pick some up if you can!
266 Autographs | 19 1/1's | 6 Inscriptions | Two Game Used Jerseys SIGNED in person

Gameday tomorrow! Hoping for the best!

Bad bad news. Burton left the game with a serious knee injury. Well my day has just been ruined, even aside from the Rams having a good game, this sucks. Sad

Bad bad news. Burton left the game with a serious knee injury. Well my day has just been ruined, even aside from the Rams having a good game, this sucks. Sad

Avery and Burton Wrote:Bad bad news. Burton left the game with a serious knee injury. Well my day has just been ruined, even aside from the Rams having a good game, this sucks. Sad

Sweet new pickups A&B!! But I was just going to ask where your boy was...sorry to hear it's an injury. Hopefully it's not more than a couple weeks on the sidelines. I'll cross my fingers for you!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Ricky Williams 34 Wrote:
Avery and Burton Wrote:Bad bad news. Burton left the game with a serious knee injury. Well my day has just been ruined, even aside from the Rams having a good game, this sucks. Sad

Sweet new pickups A&B!! But I was just going to ask where your boy was...sorry to hear it's an injury. Hopefully it's not more than a couple weeks on the sidelines. I'll cross my fingers for you!

Thanks.

Not only the injury is bad but Gibson is doing great in his place, I feel like hes being replaced already, guess Ill hide in the shadows for awhile so you know where I'll be if I don't login here for a while.

Burton's career in jeopardy?

[Image: Burtononthecart.jpg]

- On the injury front, it seems the Rams came out OK with one notable exception. Receiver Keenan Burton suffered a patella injury in his knee and it appears to be a serious ailment. Coach Steve Spagnuolo would not go as far as to project how much time Burton might miss but it's safe to say it's a pretty serious injury.

I've read up that patella injuries are a VERY serious matter, and can be career threatening. They do not know the extent of the injury just yet so everything could be alright just a slight pull. He didn't show any pain when he went down so maybe everything is alright, but I'm preparing for the worst.

This breaks my heart to see, even with the Rams playing there hearts out today, and Donnie Avery hauling in 4 catches for 67 yards and 2 TDs, everything aside, this is the only thing on my mind. I'm praying that this is just a minor injury that will be healed and healthy and in no time at all but this is not looking good. Just can't believe this happened.

The injury occured in the first quarter toss to the endzone to Burton which was intercepted by Usama Young of the Saints. Burton seemed to get tripped up in his own feet while trying to fight for the ball and not sure exactly what happened but it did. I found some pictures and have them posted below of the play.

More to come tomorrow as I hear.

[Image: Burtonkneeinjury.jpg]

Keenan's confident he'll be back which is good enough for me to be happier about this!

via Twitter:

KeenanBurton: Dont feel sorry for me! Im alright! Im coming back better then B4!!!