`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What eBay price would you put on this?

RE: What eBay price would you put on this?
(04-06-2023, 07:08 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: From MLB Morning Lineup 4/6/23

It’s not that Franco was bad for the Rays last year -- far from it. He was surely more productive than any of the rest of us were at anything when we were 21. But he wasn’t quite the franchise-changing superstar most of baseball was expecting him to be, the one that inspired the Rays to sign him to an extension that runs through at least 2032. Apparently turning 22 last month made all the difference. Franco’s tearing the cover off the ball early, slugging .792, hitting .417 and, perhaps most impressively, walking more than he’s striking out. If he has turned the corner and become that MVP candidate we thought was coming

So far
6 games
10 hits
2 doubles
2 HR
7 RBI
.471 BA

But it is very early..but at least he is performing well...but 3 games was against the NATS..forced to watch them here in D.C.!!!
And 3 against the Tigers.

Update: I have lowered the price 4 times and not a single offer.

I guess people would rather pay the mortgage after all...

Beautiful card for sure! Good luck.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I know..my Instavision Wander Gold Rainbow 1/1...gets no movement..really no looks and no offers..No one interested I guess

There's nothing wrong with holding onto it and seeing his career unfold, either.

I have an unwritten rule that I do not keep high end cards of players from teams that I do not like. So....he needs to go.

(05-05-2023, 11:42 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have an unwritten rule that I do not keep high end cards of players from teams that I do not like.  So....he needs to go.
Or that.

This is just me, but I have always been a fan of No Reserve, Free Shipping, starting bid of $0.01 auctions on eBay.  As a seller, Buy It Now (BIN) and Best Offer (BO) items do not generate interest or activity.

If it were me in your situation, I would start the Franco 1/1 at a penny with an auction duration of at least a week.   My bet is you would not be disappointed in the final selling price.  The number of views, watchers, and bids will be maximized.  I can't think of a better way to find out what eBay's audience is willing to pay...

eBay Basics (you probably already know):
The auction title is super important.  You don't want anything misspelled.  Use as many characters as possible to cover the most common search terms.  Categorize properly.  Cover ALL of the less-common search terms in your item description.  Consider the day and time you start the auction.  You want maximum exposure as soon as possible, and it needs to end when your target audience is watching.

Items with bids, especially items with many bids, are eye-catchers when potential buyers search eBay.

I signed up with an auction company and am required to have the 1 of 1 graded/authenticated.

I thought grading was $40, but with $32 insurance and $26 ground mail charge, I am paying $98!

No wonder others ask for so much more for graded cards...I am not a fan but I had to do this one and only grading.

Good luck Kerry. Hopefully all this is worth it. When are they going to sell it? Which company?