RE: 2023 Off Season the Draft and More
Rodgers still isn't a Jet yet

But it seems inevitable.

(03-18-2023, 07:16 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Rodgers still isn't a Jet yet

But it seems inevitable.
Haven't reached peak drama yet.

(03-19-2023, 08:32 AM)jplarson Wrote: Haven't reached peak drama yet.
Peak Drama is a great way to describe him.

Ezekiel Elliot claims that he is interested in joining the Eagles - LOL! No, washed up Dallas running backs don't do good in Philadelphia

(03-23-2023, 09:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Peak Drama is a great way to describe him.
LOL!  It's also the name of his band and debut album

Looking at mock drafts, I see my predictions C.J. Stroud, first to Carolina, Bryce Young, Second to Houston, and Anthony Richardson, Fourth (or Third if there is competition for him) to Indianapolis are common among the pros

Carolina is obviously taking a QB and sent basically everyone to Ohio State to watch Stroud.

Young has reportedly been Houston's guy all along.

With the former Eagles offensive coordinator, Richardson to Indianapolis seems incredibly likely - a guy who got an MVP level season out of Jalen Hurts is going to think he can get MVP level seasons out of the much more talented Richardson

Levis is predicted all over the place.

Hooker is moving up the mock drafts - some are even putting him in the First Round despite the ACL - now people are seeing him as early second at the latest

Panini will probably triple prices of boxes if there are five First Round quarterbacks

(03-29-2023, 04:19 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Looking at mock drafts, I see my predictions C.J. Stroud, first to Carolina, Bryce Young, Second to Houston, and Anthony Richardson, Fourth (or Third if there is competition for him) to Indianapolis  are common among the pros

Carolina is obviously taking a QB and sent basically everyone to Ohio State to watch Stroud.

Young has reportedly been Houston's guy all along.

With the former Eagles offensive coordinator, Richardson to Indianapolis seems incredibly likely - a guy who got an MVP level season out of Jalen Hurts is going to think he can get MVP level seasons out of the much more talented Richardson

Levis is predicted all over the place.

Hooker is moving up the mock drafts - some are even putting him in the First Round despite the ACL - now people are seeing him as early second at the latest

Panini will probably triple prices of boxes if there are five First Round quarterbacks
Or, they'll just triple the prices of boxes.

Kliff Kingsbury to coach quarterbacks at USC - I am guessing this is primarily a move to keep his buy out intact - but, with the guy who coached Patrick Mahomes (and also Baker Mayfield) and used to be back up for Tom Brady, you can go ahead and put Caleb Williams as the Number 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft unless something extremely bizarre happens

(04-11-2023, 08:30 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Kliff Kingsbury to coach quarterbacks at USC - I am guessing this is primarily a move to keep his buy out intact - but, with the guy who coached Patrick Mahomes (and also Baker Mayfield) and used to be back up for Tom Brady, you can go ahead and put Caleb Williams as the Number 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft unless something extremely bizarre happens
Facts

Though that was already going to be the case, unless as you said something crazy happens, but this can't hurt.

I have this odd feeling the Commanders are going to get #1 next year and he will be playing in his hometown of DC.

No pressure there, LOL

I remember back when Matt Barkley was the QB at USC and was talked about as a possible #1 in 2012, but decided to go back to school, tore up his shoulder against UCLA, the coach quit on his team in the bowl game (it was bizarre) and then Matt was the #1 pick of the 2013 draft ... in the fourth round.

So yeah, definitely a precedent there, sadly.

I honestly can't see Washington picking 1 overall - I think they have too good of a defense for that regardless of who the quarterback is (also they have a pretty good set of receivers as well).

There is more and more buzz that Carolina is going to be picking Bryce Young rather than C.J. Stroud

Detroit has been meeting with the high level QB prospects - including Stroud (I guess doing their due diligence in case he somehow makes it past Houston)