`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023 Off Season the Draft and More

RE: 2023 Off Season the Draft and More
I’ve long believed the NFL is as fixed as pro wrestling anyway, who gives a crap at this point?

Perfect example …

NFL: “Hmmm, a lot of money is coming in on the Lions this year … no worries, we’ll just have them play at Kansas City Week 1, that should slow everyone down a bit.”

What's going on with college football? Multiple Iowa State Cyclones players suspended for gambling on Iowa State football games they played in. Including former starting quarterback Hunter Dekkers.

Yeah, the NIL money and easy sports betting is a great combination to give 18-22 year olds - I expect that will become common in states like Iowa who allow legal betting on the in state teams

(08-02-2023, 07:24 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: What's going on with college football?  Multiple Iowa State Cyclones players suspended for gambling on Iowa State football games they played in.  Including former starting quarterback Hunter Dekkers.

Yeah, the NIL money and easy sports betting is a great combination to give 18-22 year olds - I expect that will become common in states like Iowa who allow legal betting on the in state teams
Yep, I was skimming the article to make sure Brock Party was not involved.

The gambling scandal in Iowa has reached even worse levels - supposedly a total of 40 players from Iowa and Iowa State are now implicated and there are an additional four more Iowa State football starters charged in connection with it (one of whom bet that Iowa State would lose a game he played in!)

But while it's all pretty bad, at least there's some humor

1) that game the Iowa State player bet against Iowa State ended up a 30-7 win for the Cyclones

2) an Iowa player bet the Under in the Iowa-Northwestern game and then scored the touchdown for Iowa that assured he'd lose the bet. LOL! They should make a Panini Instant card for that!

(08-14-2023, 10:39 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: The gambling scandal in Iowa has reached even worse levels - supposedly a total of 40 players from Iowa and Iowa State are now implicated and there are an additional four more Iowa State football starters charged in connection with it (one of whom bet that Iowa State would lose a game he played in!)

But while it's all pretty bad, at least there's some humor

1) that game the Iowa State player bet against Iowa State ended up a 30-7 win for the Cyclones

2) an Iowa player bet the Under in the Iowa-Northwestern game and then scored the touchdown for Iowa that assured he'd lose the bet.  LOL!  They should make a Panini Instant card for that!
On a related note, I bought a 15-card jumbo of 2022 NFL Chronicles the other day and got three Brock Party cards - base Chronicles, base Panini and a copper (?) parallel of the PhotoGenic card.

Not bad for one pack!

(08-15-2023, 10:32 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: On a related note, I bought a 15-card jumbo of 2022 NFL Chronicles the other day and got three Brock Party cards - base Chronicles, base Panini and a copper (?) parallel of the PhotoGenic card.

Not bad for one pack!
And Breece Hall is off the PUP list!

And Will McDonald is looking like a wrecking machine