`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can It Get Any Worse?

RE: Can It Get Any Worse?
(11-15-2022, 09:24 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Honestly, I kind of expected that to happen - they were coming out flat the past couple of weeks and getting away with it and for whatever reason, Washington always seems to have the Eagles number no matter how the teams do elsewhere in the season, Philadelphia almost never sweeps Washington - and that has been going on for years.

Hopefully this is a wake up call
I post on one of the Lions' fan sites and can honestly say the barometer changes week to week, it cracks me up ... two weeks ago the Lions were 1-6 and it was time for GM Brad Holmes, head coach Dan Campbell and QB Jared Goff to all leave town as fast as possible.

Now that we've won two in a row (especially in the division), many fans are asking if we have a legit shot at the playoffs.

With a 3-6 record.

To even contemplate the playoffs we'd have to get to .500 to even have a logical discussion, which would mean beating the Giants (7-2), Bills (6-3) and Jaguars (3-7).

I can't even imagine the fever pitch if they pulled that off ... which they won't.

The Eagles knew the Vikings deserved to be at the top with them @ 8-1. And, Washington was so close to beating us that they deserved a win.

If Murphy's Law actually exists that means the Vikings, who are the only undefeated team at home, will lose to the Cowboys who lost to the Packers who lost to the Vikes.

(11-15-2022, 03:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: The Eagles knew the Vikings deserved to be at the top with them @ 8-1.  And, Washington was so close to beating us that they deserved a win.

If Murphy's Law actually exists that means the Vikings, who are the only undefeated team at home, will lose to the Cowboys who lost to the Packers who lost to the Vikes.
The Eagles are still at the top due to the tiebreaker of head to head victory - but I could definitely see Minnesota losing to Dallas even though Dallas isn't very good.

Plus this year as been kind of wild with multiple games being decided in bizarre manners that are basically flukes - Minnesota is about due for their turn to have a completely bizarre loss because just about everyone else has.

Vikings did have a bizarre loss...to the Eagles. We played like we had no idea what to do to move the football.

(11-15-2022, 05:08 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Vikings did have a bizarre loss...to the Eagles.  We played like we had no idea what to do to move the football.
Nothing bizarre about that - every team has bad games and the Eagles defense (when healthy) matches up well against the Vikings offense.