`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can It Get Any Worse?

RE: Can It Get Any Worse?
IMO, the biggest mistake with the Hockenson trade was trading him to a divisional opponent. Its bad enough they traded one of your best players, but to make a divisional opponent in the midst of a playoff push) better? Oof.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(11-02-2022, 10:36 AM)bselje Wrote: IMO, the biggest mistake with the Hockenson trade was trading him to a divisional opponent.  Its bad enough they traded one of your best players, but to make a divisional opponent in the midst of a playoff push) better? Oof.
Wait...I thought everybody wanted the Vikings to finally get their Super Bowl win!!!

(11-01-2022, 04:43 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: At least the Eagles have won a Super Bowl and been to a couple of others. And they look really good this year.
The Eagles are a team that was in pretty bad shape for close to four decades thanks to bad ownership - Eagles founder/former NFL Commissioner Bert Bell was going to buy the Eagles back but he died in the stands of Franklin Field during an Eagles game (Bell even though he had an agreement in place to buy the team back and was former NFL Commissioner preferred to watch the games from the End Zone seats to be with the real fans) - that set off a series of bad owners including one who was an outright fraud - one of the owners even tried to move the Eagles to Phoenix!

While the Eagles did make one Super Bowl during that time period, the team quality dipped considerably after Free Agency developed - the owner was "too cheap" to pay for players.  

The only thing that got the Eagles out was when Jeffrey Lurie bought the team - Lurie actually did have the money he claimed to have (he is a legitimate billionaire) and stayed out of the team way.  Getting the good starting quarterback in the 1999 Draft after the team hit rock bottom in 1998 after helped.

(11-02-2022, 10:36 AM)bselje Wrote: IMO, the biggest mistake with the Hockenson trade was trading him to a divisional opponent.  Its bad enough they traded one of your best players, but to make a divisional opponent in the midst of a playoff push) better? Oof.
Yep, pretty bad all around.

I am not happy about it at all.

Card wise I have put a lot of time, effort and money into picking up some pretty nice stuff of his.

One of my favorites is a "draft day hats" card that I traded for here on Beckett:

[Image: TheHock.jpg]

It's numbered to 25 and one of those cards that is much better looking than the picture shows.

(11-03-2022, 11:36 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: The Eagles are a team that was in pretty bad shape for close to four decades thanks to bad ownership - Eagles founder/former NFL Commissioner Bert Bell was going to buy the Eagles back but he died in the stands of Franklin Field during an Eagles game (Bell even though he had an agreement in place to buy the team back and was former NFL Commissioner preferred to watch the games from the End Zone seats to be with the real fans) - that set off a series of bad owners including one who was an outright fraud - one of the owners even tried to move the Eagles to Phoenix!

While the Eagles did make one Super Bowl during that time period, the team quality dipped considerably after Free Agency developed - the owner was "too cheap" to pay for players.  

The only thing that got the Eagles out was when Jeffrey Lurie bought the team - Lurie actually did have the money he claimed to have (he is a legitimate billionaire) and stayed out of the team way.  Getting the good starting quarterback in the 1999 Draft after the team hit rock bottom in 1998 after helped.
The Eagles did have a good stretch of seasons from 1988-1992 with Cunningham.  They just didn't fare well in the playoffs.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Now that’s what I call GEM FIRE ? ?
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

Did they discipline that numb nuts receiver Moore for costing them the game by having to have one of those selfish "me moments"?
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I cannot say I feel bad for the Lions and their fans as the Vikes have given away some really great players over the past 5 years, with Diggs the most recent...but, I was surprised the Lions allowed the trade.

(11-03-2022, 07:00 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Did they discipline that numb nuts receiver Moore for costing them the game by having to have one of those selfish "me moments"?
They did not... in fact, no flag should have been thrown. Moore took his helmet off a) after the play and b) off the field, so no penalty.

The person who needs to be punished is the kicker for missing two game-winning kicks (one technically "potential" with 12 seconds left, the other in overtime).
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(11-03-2022, 06:55 PM)Speak917 Wrote: Now that’s what I call GEM FIRE ? ?
It continues to be a banger, bro ... just not PC any more.