`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Target actually has blasters online (update 01/19)

RE: Target actually has blasters available online (2021 Sage)
(06-13-2021, 05:13 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Sage Hit is like a lot of these products.  They have tons of players that don't merit RC's in the base set.  Yet they end up in the autograph set making it tough to get a decent player.

I was looking at the 2021 Prizm Draft Picks checklist (I don't know why since I know I will never get to open any).  There are only 60 different players in the rookies list.  101-160 are the "RC's".  Then there are 20 Crusade (161-180) and 20 All-Americans (181-200) which are all within the 101-160.  So in a sense base card-wise, the rookies you get will be good.  But for autographs there are 214 rookies in the checklist, so your chances of hitting a good rookie autograph drop dramatically.
Leaf Draft does the same thing ... the good news is, you can usually find PC players from your college or pro team on the checklist.

I got all of the possible Lions draft pick autos for like $90 shipped ... or less than the cost of four blasters.

Sewell and St. Brown ate up about half of that, LOL

I got my blasters in - and naturally they got delivered and left on the front of my house on a day when it was pouring down rain - so the outer box and even several of the blaster boxes themselves got soaked with rain.

And the very first box I opened (that was one of the boxes that was waterlogged) didn't have any autographs at all! And it might have been opened and resealed.

The highlights were D'Wayne Eskridge Gold auto /100, a Silver Base Parallel of Eagles Draft Pick Kenneth Gainwell - I also got four base cards of Iowa State running back Kene N who is not in the Panini Draft Picks products despite having been a Fourth Round Draft Pick by the Vikings and being selected for the RPS. LOL!

Also, I think that the autographs were all different - but one box with missing autographs definitely was not at all a happy situation.

Sorry that happened. At least you got a 1 good auto (better version of the Eskridge that I got). Guessing that will damper your thoughts of buying online from Target again.

That is one of the bad things about how the Sage Hit (and Leaf Draft as well) retail does the autographs. Instead of opening regular packs to find your auto hits, they are separated out into a single pack. So it makes it real easy for the aholes to open a box, grab the auto pack and reseal it.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(06-16-2021, 09:37 AM)dogger99 Wrote: Sorry that happened.  At least you got a 1 good auto (better version of the Eskridge that I got).  Guessing that will damper your thoughts of buying online from Target again.

That is one of the bad things about how the Sage Hit (and Leaf Draft as well) retail does the autographs.  Instead of opening regular packs to find your auto hits, they are separated out into a single pack.  So it makes it real easy for the aholes to open a box, grab the auto pack and reseal it.
It really is - it's one of the risks in buying Sage Hit and Leaf Draft at retail - I am a bit surprised it happened from on-line ordering and at least it was only one of the boxes.

I am also glad that the cards themselves were not damaged from the delivery box being left out in the rain - another real problem with online delivery of cards.

(06-16-2021, 09:54 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: It really is - it's one of the risks in buying Sage Hit and Leaf Draft at retail - I am a bit surprised it happened from on-line ordering and at least it was only one of the boxes.

I am also glad that the cards themselves were not damaged from the delivery box being left out in the rain - another real problem with online delivery of cards.
That sucks, man.

Curious though ... if they came directly from Target, I would assume the regular DBN wouldn't have access to them to thief the autos and then re-seal them?

As in, they never would have been out on the floor?

So maybe it was an inside job by an employee?

If so, that would be taking the dooshery to a new low.

Greaaaat, now I'm feeling nervous about my blaster lol.

RJ, would it really be surprising if this was an inside job? I mean, at this point, would it? They know no limits, no dignity.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(06-16-2021, 10:13 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Greaaaat, now I'm feeling nervous about my blaster lol.

RJ, would it really be surprising if this was an inside job? I mean, at this point, would it? They know no limits, no dignity.
Literally nothing surprises me any more.

Check out this awesome development with a card I ordered on COMC:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-16...pid2727153

(06-16-2021, 11:38 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Literally nothing surprises me any more.

Check out this awesome development with a card I ordered on COMC:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-16...pid2727153
"Awesome" is an understatement. That's top-notch customer service... "from a certain point of view." A very certain point of view, indeed. WHYyYyYyYyYyY!!!
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(06-16-2021, 01:14 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: "Awesome" is an understatement. That's top-notch customer service... "from a certain point of view." A very certain point of view, indeed. WHYyYyYyYyYyY!!!
Singles are the only collecting avenue I have right now, and there are currently no other Kaprizov RCs in that price range other than the unlicensed crap.

The other weird thing is that COMC seems to be the only place that has these Synergy RCs for sale.

Oh well, the late season update products will be rolling out soon, so I'll save the refund on the gift card I bought it with and wait to see if there are any other RCs coming out in that price range.

Based on the feedback with all the damaged COMC cards that people received without toploaders, I think I'll be better off in the long run.

What an awful joke of a company ... how these people sleep at night is beyond me.

Then again, other than my buddies here on the boards, that can be said for most of what's left of the "hobby" ... no end to the dooshery and the shenanigans.

My LCS had some hobby boxes of Sage Hit High Series

And I am very unhappy to report that Panini isn't the only card company giving you less for more money. Yes, it's still 16 autographs a box - but in 2019 (the last time I got Sage Hobby) you got 1 Peak Performance Autograph Card and 2 other numbered Peak Performance Cards, and 2 on card Next Level Autograph and 3 Gold Autos per box there were also numbered parallels - now you get 1 Peak Performance Autograph, 1 Peak Performance Base Card, 1 on card auto, and 1 Gold Auto

In 2019, I got several First Round Draft Pick autos from both low and high series - in 2021, the highest round draft pick I got was Second. - there were also several highly drafted offensive skills players - I haven't looked up the wide receivers and running backs yet, but both QB autos I got were undrafted players

Sure, Sage hobby boxes are the definition of hit and miss but tend to have a relatively high floor due to sheer quantity means you should get multiple decent autos (although the 2017 Low Series Hobby Box I got which had two Patrick Mahomes autos (Gold and Peak Performance) is probably an exception the other way) - but that is the nature of a product that has to reach individual deals with players and has always been sold on the quantity of autographs - it is very discouraging to see that the football card hobby has reached the point where even Sage is lowering the content in their boxes by putting in more base autos

But I guess that prices cannot stay outrageous forever - the LCS near my house has reduced prices on all 2020 items