`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Trout

RE: Jumping Trout
Has anyone seen the prices for still sealed 2011 Topps update boxes? $3,600 for a hobby box on eBay!!! Even retail hanger boxes are listed at $600!!

Who's gonna buy one when you can get a PSA 10 Trout RC for almost the same price??

I feel sorry for the poor sucker paying $599.99 for a retail hanger box....and getting $3 worth of cards inside.....lol....Big Grin

(06-16-2018, 10:36 PM)card_fiend2013 Wrote: Has anyone seen the prices for still sealed 2011 Topps update boxes? $3,600 for a hobby box on eBay!!! Even retail hanger boxes are listed at $600!!

Who's gonna buy one when you can get a PSA 10 Trout RC for almost the same price??

I feel sorry for the poor sucker paying $599.99 for a retail hanger box....and getting $3 worth of cards inside.....lol....Big Grin
I saw one of those hangers up. Seemed ridiculous. At least with the hobby box you've got a chance at getting a few Trouts in there. With the hanger you'd be lucky to even get one, really. Either way they are too expensive for me.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(06-16-2018, 10:36 PM)card_fiend2013 Wrote: Has anyone seen the prices for still sealed 2011 Topps update boxes? $3,600 for a hobby box on eBay!!! Even retail hanger boxes are listed at $600!!

Wow, that seems insane! Even if there's a Trout in there ...
(06-14-2018, 08:20 AM)flamethrower Wrote: Nice Doc, that Target Red is the rarest, no?
Thanks. Nobody knows the actual print run, so I'd say the Target Red is scarce, not rare. The serial numbered ones seem more rare and the print run is fairly obvious. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I think the the Blue Hope Diamond would be rarer than the Red but no doubt the Red is tough but most of it's popularity comes from the fact it matches the Angels team color.

By far the rarest Trout Update RC out there is the Auto Walmart Blue.

(06-17-2018, 09:14 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I think the the Blue Hope Diamond would be rarer than the Red but no doubt the Red is tough but most of it's popularity comes from the fact it matches the Angels team color.

By far the rarest Trout Update RC out there is the Auto Walmart Blue.
???? I didnt think there was an auto of any 2011 topps US175 ... at least not listed in Beckett
BTW: When checking out price jumping, check out JD Martinez 2011 Topps Update US186 ...
The most expensive/valuable 2011 Topps Update RCs :
#1 is Trout, #2 is Altuve and passing Hosmer and Goldschmidt .... pulling into the #3 spot .... JD Martinez!!!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-17-2018, 10:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: ???? I didnt think there was an auto of any 2011 topps US175 ... at least not listed in Beckett
BTW: When checking out price jumping, check out JD Martinez 2011 Topps Update US186 ...
The most expensive/valuable 2011 Topps Update RCs :
#1 is Trout, #2 is Altuve and passing Hosmer and Goldschmidt .... pulling into the #3 spot .... JD Martinez!!!
Only a couple have ever shown up that I know of. There is currently one on ebay. Story is they were only available in packs exclusive to Walmart. My guess is print run is likely 10 or less but who really knows ?

I know a lot of people don't realize they exist which is why there is so little hobby buzz.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
You can tell it's a certified auto because in person auto's he never puts his jersey #. I've only seen the jersey # on cards signed and inserted into actual product.

I thought PSA only did DNA certs for in person autos, though. Also, I don't see any Topps Certified Autograph Issue stamp on the card, which they always do for in pack autos. (Unless they didn't start doing that until after 2011, but I'm pretty sure they were doing it long before then.)
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Yes, I agree. I have two 1997 Bowman autos with the stamp.

Regarding the signed Trout US175 Walmart card ...probably not a Topps issued/certified, but probably an IP auto that was graded/slabbed ... that would be my guess and the reason it's not listed in the OPG

(06-17-2018, 12:24 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Only a couple have ever shown up that I know of. There is currently one on ebay. Story is they were only available in packs exclusive to Walmart. My guess is print run is likely 10 or less but who really knows ?

I know a lot of people don't realize they exist which is why there is so little hobby buzz.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
You can tell it's a certified auto because in person auto's he never puts his jersey #. I've only seen the jersey # on cards signed and inserted into actual product.

Not sure where you got the "no jersey number on IP auto" thing, I have two that do:

[Image: PweegTrout_zpsba94ba54.jpg]

[Image: AaronTrout_zps86029191.jpg]

I mean, I realize it's the interwebs and everything, but ...