`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Trout

RE: Jumping Trout
(06-10-2018, 11:46 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I didnt chase I pulled and kept LOL does that make me smart or wise? LOL
Yep I put together a hand set of flasgship Topps (Ser 1,2, and update) every year as well as any RC Logo or 1st Bowman logo. So I have a 2011 Update Trout that has been sitting penny sleeved in a 9 pocket since 2011.

Only thing I won't touch is multi-year prospect cards. So any prospect card that isn't labeled 1st Bowman for me goes straight to the trash unless it's a colored parallel that I know I can flip quick or have graded for a decent profit. I started doing that last year when I realized I had way too many junk prospect cards that wouldn't even sell for $1 each w/ free shipping. I simply don't have the space to keep boxes upon boxes of cards that will never be worth anything.

I have around 20 of these that I pulled back from packs back in 2011. I also have a complete set of 2011 Update Diamond and 2011 Bowman Chrome. I bought a ton of the retail combo packs that had 2011 Update and 1 pack of 2011 Bowman Chrome, and started working on the set then, and was able to finish before Trout cards got to crazy prices.
I have thought about selling a few of mine, but I am wondering just how high the raw card might get too as some people are speculating it could hit $500+ sooner than later.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-11-2018, 07:44 PM)djohn Wrote: I have around 20 of these that I pulled back from packs back in 2011. I also have a complete set of 2011 Update Diamond and 2011 Bowman Chrome. I bought a ton of the retail combo packs that had 2011 Update and 1 pack of 2011 Bowman Chrome, and started working on the set then, and was able to finish before Trout cards got to crazy prices.
I have thought about selling a few of mine, but I am wondering just how high the raw card might get too as some people are speculating it could hit $500+ sooner than later.
If you pulled them yourself, I'd get the ones you want to sell graded and hold them for a few years then sell. These things are skyrocketing, and nice graded copies are going to be THE ones to have by then. Just imagine when he signs with the Yankees.............
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(06-11-2018, 08:17 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: If you pulled them yourself, I'd get the ones you want to sell graded and hold them for a few years then sell. These things are skyrocketing, and nice graded copies are going to be THE ones to have by then. Just imagine when he signs with the Yankees.............
I've been a Yankee fan since the late '80s and very much doubt that he'll sign with them.

Anyway, I remember back when Trout first started to get hot and I decided to buy one of his Gold update cards (/2011), one Diamond Anniversary, and one Cognac Diamond Anniversary.

I basically considered that money wasted because I thought he could never live up to the hype.

I paid $41 each for the Gold and the Cognac Diamond cards and $51.50 for the regular Diamond one. Seems like peanuts now.

I also picked up a Bowman (Blue /499), Bowman Chrome Draft, and Topps Finest for $33, $8.99, and $25, respectively.

I wish I had gone all in on Trout like I did with Darvish. 22 rookies of Darvish and only 6 of Trout. He's from NJ, too, and that is my home state.

Ah well. It isn't like I'd ever sell them, anyway.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I thought I was super clever this one time and sold a 3-card lot for $27, get it, his uniform number? LOL

I'm glad I got one Smile

I had a few.....than traded away most of them. Not mad, that prices jumped, Im happy with my end of it

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Luckily 2011 was my first year back into collecting and coincidently was also a year that Topps had a cool contest going, so I was 'All in' that year. I bought a ton of 2011 Update and managed to pack pull 21 Trout base RC's, a Walmart blue, A target Red and a Cognac. Stupidly, even after my very early prediction of Trout's success in an issue of Beckett, I failed to gobble up more Trout (Bowman especially Sad) Instead I continue wasting my hard earned money on my Ubaldo Jimenez and Casey Kelly collection (yeah, dumb move) ... Heck, the price I paid for my Casey Kelly Superfractor would have been much better spent buying up a Trout s/n US175 at the time Sad
Oh well, just like in baseball ... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice Doc, that Target Red is the rarest, no?
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I wish I had gotten the blue Walmart parallel back then. I LOVE blue and those are always the first ones I check for when I'm buying rookie singles, but for some reason I didn't bother to pick it it up. I did, however, get a blue Bowman Draft rookie parallel of his. *shrug*
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel