`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett forums is not what it was before 5yrs ago

Beckett forums is not what it was before 5yrs ago
looks like this site is losing many collectors here ( its not what it was 5 yrs ago ) opinions ?

RE: Beckett forums is not what it was before 5yrs ago
Shoot it's not what it was 2 years ago

I agree...harder and harder to make trades lately
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

I've only been trading/posting since 2011 and I agree with yankees_pride that it's not what it was only 2 yrs ago! Used to be multiple new threads a day. Now, there's maybe a decent handful of new threads a week! Very slow.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Sorry, I renewed, Renewers Remorse.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

NOthing is what it once was that is life...I have meet a lot of good people on here and I hope they stay but it is what it is.

All of this might be true, but how much better is the site functioning now? I remember taking 2-3 minutes trying to load 1 card into my org or even have an entire day not being able to look on my trade page. Even though we might be paying more (or even paying at all), the functionality has improved 10 fold. I think people will start to return when word gets out about the ease of use and how much the site has improved.
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

(06-25-2014, 08:34 PM)kfeldman Wrote: All of this might be true, but how much better is the site functioning now? I remember taking 2-3 minutes trying to load 1 card into my org or even have an entire day not being able to look on my trade page. Even though we might be paying more (or even paying at all), the functionality has improved 10 fold. I think people will start to return when word gets out about the ease of use and how much the site has improved.
+10

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(06-25-2014, 08:34 PM)kfeldman Wrote: All of this might be true, but how much better is the site functioning now? I remember taking 2-3 minutes trying to load 1 card into my org or even have an entire day not being able to look on my trade page. Even though we might be paying more (or even paying at all), the functionality has improved 10 fold. I think people will start to return when word gets out about the ease of use and how much the site has improved.
I completely agree. People are mad they have to pay for something they didn't have to pay for before. While I realize the site has not worked correctly in the past, this is the first step in the right direction. I've been finding that over the last couple weeks, the people I've been trading with have A LOT more cards in their Org to pick from instead of just the bigger ticket items. I'm a set builder mostly so I'm interested in a lot of different small inserts. Not just the higher end autos. The site is what people make of it. I've gone and used the other site people have been saying to go use and I've got to admit....it is not that great. It is clunky feeling, at least to me. I've been trading for about two years again and I've got almost 100 trades here and the system works great for me.

The one HUGE PLUS from Beckett doing this and clearing out all the non-paying/using people is that I'm not clicking on a card I want for a set, looking up the people who have it for trade only to find out they have not logged in in months and sometimes years. It maybe just the cards I've been looking for lately but this site is working way faster/better than it was a few weeks ago and I'll continue to pay for a site that functions the way I want it to.

And if you don't agree with what I said about the other site, save it because I don't care. It was not meant to get people angry, it was just not for me. Remember all, this is a hobby built for kids. Keep it fun and hopefully more youth will return to it and save a dying hobby we all love.

I have been pretty impressed with what I have seen so far, however, I am VERY new and don't have a lot to compare it to. I also see what I think the site COULD be and I'm hoping it gets there, but not at the expense of what is already working. Petercopp, I have the same gripe about the org, however, it's not the logging in part that gets me. I have run into a number of people who say they don't even get the OPG any longer, they just log in to read the boards (and what will eventually be to keep their Org. archived and not trashed.) I'd say if they have not completed a trade in over a year, get their names off of the "Have" tabs for cards. Let them keep their Orgs. but I don't want to have to dig through them for nothing. I would also LOVE to see us be able to sort somebody's org by PRICE!!!! I understand there are set builders out there, but I don't want to click through 10 pages (even at 100/page) of commons to get to cards I might be interested in. This would seem like such an easy thing to implement, but its obviously a lot harder than I can imagine.

Trying to stay positive.