`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett forums is not what it was before 5yrs ago

RE: Beckett forums is not what it was before 5yrs ago
I joined Beckett in 2003. I did it to organize my collection and find out what my cards were valued at. I was a paying member here for at least five years before I got around to trading. I was here another couple of years before I ventured into the forums. I like the site when it is working properly. I do miss trading. I have all my commons and set fillers listed for trade in my ORG. No trade is too small for me and I never leave a trade proposal unanswered. However I haven't received a trade offer in weeks and the ones I've sent are just sitting unanswered, waiting for me to finally cancel.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-28-2014, 12:12 PM)zeprock Wrote: I like the site when it is working properly. I do miss trading. I have all my commons and set fillers listed for trade in my ORG. No trade is too small for me and I never leave a trade proposal unanswered. However I haven't received a trade offer in weeks and the ones I've sent are just sitting unanswered, waiting for me to finally cancel.
I absolutely agree! I'm in the same boat. No trades in about a month or two. I get an occasional offer, I respond, then it sits there......

I'm surprised nobody has been banned for posting in this thread.

(06-28-2014, 01:37 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: I'm surprised nobody has been banned for posting in this thread.
Why? Nothing has been said that's against TOS. It's just a normal discourse.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I haven't paid any money to Beckett in years and I guess I'm glad for that.

I have gotten what I paid for.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

This site started turning around when it added Marketplace. For me, its not as valuable as it was in '96. There was a section called Buy/Sell. You could list something like a '92 Bowman Ramirez at a fair price and sell or trade it in a few days. It was better than ebay for low end cards because there were no listing fees and not alot of rules. You just accepted a money order and worked things out with the buyer.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.