Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
FREE CARDS - gift thread...UPDATES 8/3/2012

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read
I'm giving this a friendly bump.

I've begun to set more cards aside for people.

On the packages I've been putting Hey Fitzy(Beckett) on my packages now so people will know who it's from and what they are getting.

Where will Fitzy send next Smile
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

I'm not getting many PMs anymore. I think guys have stopped sending. I currently don't have a lot of funds until the July bills get paid. This thread has quite a few members but only about 12-15 of them actually send stuff. The others are free loading off the thread.

On top of that the members I do send to very rarely are posting. I wonder if that's happening to others. Ryan is the only one who has posted really about what I sent.

I don't care about the credit but I want people to know when I send so they don't think I'm free loading too.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

sign me up for andy van slyke. I have alot to give away
[Image: dontpray11.png]

(07-30-2012, 08:38 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I'm not getting many PMs anymore. I think guys have stopped sending. I currently don't have a lot of funds until the July bills get paid. This thread has quite a few members but only about 12-15 of them actually send stuff. The others are free loading off the thread.

On top of that the members I do send to very rarely are posting. I wonder if that's happening to others. Ryan is the only one who has posted really about what I sent.

I don't care about the credit but I want people to know when I send so they don't think I'm free loading too.
Totally agree dbroockerd. I have sent out about 12+ packages and I have only received 1 package from Phillies_Joe (who btw I didn't send him anything first).
I know being in Canada it might stop people from sending to me but if this thread is going to work we need to send to everyone and not free load.
As for those not posting what they have received.....we need to step this up. This is what keeps these type of groups together. Doesn't take that long to post a quick sentence or post a picture of what you received.
As Phillies_Joe says "Play it forward" people!

dbroockerd sent me a package a few weeks ago from a similar thread to get rid of cards. I was able to pick what I wanted and only cost me the postage. He took great care in protecting the cards with a cardboard sandwich and it arrived quickly. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but shortly he (more so his kids) should be receiving the favor back. I knew as soon as I pulled the card who it was going to.

I don't mind making room by getting rid of cards especially when I have something I know someone collects, but it's difficult some times to be pro-active about it. I load all of my cards in the ORG in hopes that people have a want list and will contact me first. Whether it be an instant trade, I'll owe you one later, or just circular karma among members. I have a short mental list (that is growing) of favored members here and who they collect, but it is not as extensive as this thread of who collects what. Those that I do remember have their own pile that cards go into as I open them and get/will get shipped when I have enough to fill a padded envelope.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I am thinking of editing this thread. I hate to but I may have to delete some members. There are A LOT of guys freeloading.

I'm sure you're capable of managing how you want to do it on your own, but one idea I had is require new members (recently joined, low post #s, low # of trades, etc) to complete a certain number before they are added here. Keep people you know are using this correctly and set up an initiation for the rest. Have tiers or some sort of rating on giving vs receiving similar to the trade rating system. Gift rating. It's pretty much the senders choice to give away, but I agree it would be nice to be able to tell who deserves it and who just wants free stuff.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-01-2012, 09:28 AM)acevanquish Wrote: I'm sure you're capable of managing how you want to do it on your own, but one idea I had is require new members (recently joined, low post #s, low # of trades, etc) to complete a certain number before they are added here. Keep people you know are using this correctly and set up an initiation for the rest. Have tiers or some sort of rating on giving vs receiving similar to the trade rating system. Gift rating. It's pretty much the senders choice to give away, but I agree it would be nice to be able to tell who deserves it and who just wants free stuff.
Well the idea wasn't to force guys to send if they couldn't afford much. I just ask they send on occasion if they can to some people. I have received from many I couldn't send back to because I didn't have cards they needed. I always send to people through.

Well this Tuesday I'm sending to at least 2 members, maybe more just have to see what my funds look like. I have plenty of cards to dish out! I agree I don't care about getting credit but I do want to make sure the free stuff I send out is getting there so please everyone let me know you get them ok. I will be sure to always do the same!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I'm heading to the post office on my day off because I have to send one via Canada

Tongue
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)