`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
FREE CARDS - gift thread...UPDATES 8/3/2012

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read
(08-01-2012, 08:27 AM)acevanquish Wrote: dbroockerd sent me a package a few weeks ago from a similar thread to get rid of cards. I was able to pick what I wanted and only cost me the postage. He took great care in protecting the cards with a cardboard sandwich and it arrived quickly. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but shortly he (more so his kids) should be receiving the favor back. I knew as soon as I pulled the card who it was going to.

I don't mind making room by getting rid of cards especially when I have something I know someone collects, but it's difficult some times to be pro-active about it. I load all of my cards in the ORG in hopes that people have a want list and will contact me first. Whether it be an instant trade, I'll owe you one later, or just circular karma among members. I have a short mental list (that is growing) of favored members here and who they collect, but it is not as extensive as this thread of who collects what. Those that I do remember have their own pile that cards go into as I open them and get/will get shipped when I have enough to fill a padded envelope.

Well your surprise showed up today.!!!

My kids were in heaven. The package was addressed to the family but inside was a little small group for each kid. My 7 year old passed them out. Then she said, "dad I think there is a note." so individually she read each note to the person it was too. My 4 year old ran circles around the house when she heard about "the special card coming from Topps" to her. Inside the note stated something else was coming in the mail so she was SUPER excited. The 7 year old was singing "oh yeah, oh yeah, I got a Billy Butler jersey." In case your all wondering a 2012 A&G relic if Butler. My youngest of course doesn't quite get it but the Cespedes RC in his was supposed to be trade bait for more Andruw Jones cards. It won't be trade bait. It will stay with him as a way to remember one of baseballs hottest RCs the year he started collecting. Then my older son got something too but he took the cards and disappeared to the basement. So I am guessing his PC must have grown today. Dad even got a few cards and a note.

I must say notes were worth more to me then the cards buddy. I think it meant more to my little girls too. It's funny how a little extra time can make a kids face light up. You did a good thing here man. My wife even said "people really send this stuff to our kids for free." she thought I must be trading for it. I said "No, there are good people out there who just enjoy knowing the kids are happy and will love the hobby."

Thanks for the cards! I'll get you back when I can man.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(08-01-2012, 08:15 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: I took my postings off haven't been to this thread in a while seems like it was only going one way for me
Yeah sorry about that. It's been that way for a few.

im gonna go reds..any reds, past or present...my son is 16 months old and god willing i will pass down this passion....im gonna go thru my cards and put together some team lots...if i want to send them..do i just need to ask you for an address dbroockered?
actually..im not looking for any cards now..heck with that...would just like to give some away to some deserving people...let me know how exactly this works..
let me know what your daughters are into as well..as i may have some randoms laying around...and that pic you posted almost brought a tear to my eye..that was awesome man!

Don't know why I didn't get on this sooner, put me down for Adam Dunn and nyy. Sending pm.
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(08-01-2012, 05:47 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Well your surprise showed up today.!!!
Oh good. It got there quicker than I thought. I sent your older boy some Mauer cards. I didn't have as many as I would have liked to send but said I would keep him in mind when opening any Mauer cards in the future. I know 1 was a 2012 Topps 1987 mini. I may have included another 1987 mini of someone else to be used as trade, but can't remember. I hope he didn't go to the basement because his pack was not as good as everyone else :(
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-02-2012, 03:12 AM)goldglovessu21 Wrote: im gonna go reds..any reds, past or present...my son is 16 months old and god willing i will pass down this passion....im gonna go thru my cards and put together some team lots...if i want to send them..do i just need to ask you for an address dbroockered?
actually..im not looking for any cards now..heck with that...would just like to give some away to some deserving people...let me know how exactly this works..
let me know what your daughters are into as well..as i may have some randoms laying around...and that pic you posted almost brought a tear to my eye..that was awesome man!
You just PM me for the addresses.

(08-02-2012, 08:42 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Oh good. It got there quicker than I thought. I sent your older boy some Mauer cards. I didn't have as many as I would have liked to send but said I would keep him in mind when opening any Mauer cards in the future. I know 1 was a 2012 Topps 1987 mini. I may have included another 1987 mini of someone else to be used as trade, but can't remember. I hope he didn't go to the basement because his pack was not as good as everyone else Sad
Nope he has an album. I guess he was checking to see if he had them. He's gearing up for a trade with clarkzac for all his duplicates so he wants to keep these sorted I guess.

(08-01-2012, 08:15 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: I took my postings off haven't been to this thread in a while seems like it was only going one way for me
I got a batch going out saturday, keep your eyes peeled Smile i just didnt want to send out a bunch of topps cards u already had so hopefully u will be pleased, its not easy trading for pujols
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(08-02-2012, 08:57 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: I got a batch going out saturday, keep your eyes peeled Smile i just didnt want to send out a bunch of topps cards u already had so hopefully u will be pleased, its not easy trading for pujols

Yeah some of the guys here asking for Pujols, Jeter, and the top prospects just think their mail box should be loading. You have to consider guys still like to trade and need bait. These guys are hot commodity. It's not like the Butler cards my kids ask for. My daughter does Hosmer and she isn't exactly raking in the cards here.

(08-02-2012, 12:43 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yeah some of the guys here asking for Pujols, Jeter, and the top prospects just think their mail box should be loading. You have to consider guys still like to trade and need bait. These guys are hot commodity. It's not like the Butler cards my kids ask for. My daughter does Hosmer and she isn't exactly raking in the cards here.
Not quite "raking in" but when that Topps package shows up... Your house may get a little noisy.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-02-2012, 02:00 PM)acevanquish Wrote: Not quite "raking in" but when that Topps package shows up... Your house may get a little noisy.
Now you even have me excited. Is this expected soon or is it like a redemption where you wait and someday it shows, haha.