`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
(03-24-2012, 04:01 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Guys had I waited it could have been too late for others. I posted promptly after Jake didn't respond in the first hour. He's on all day. I just hate to see another scammed. Only to find out its too late he already got another. Plus I would have never known he got another had I not posted.
I completely agree with you. If anyone had a pending trade and hadn't yet shipped, you may have saved them from the same. Hopefully it works out, but this is exactly what the forums should be used for IMO
(03-24-2012, 04:02 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: And Derek, I know this upsetting, but you can't always just jump to conclusions. Jake is one of the premier members on these boards and always does his best to help others, I know from experience, so he will come through if something did in fact go wrong. Have faith man.
Correct me if I'm wrong, he has only been a member for 5 months. A lot of trades in a short period of time doesn't make you an upstanding member. Guys that have been members for 5 years with lots of trades, now thats a different story. A lot of potential scammers do exactly this sort of thing, make a bunch of trades, gain members confidence and the bam, pull a big scam and nobody wants to believe it. That said, I will continue to hope it was a mistake, but at the same time let not kid ourselves either.

Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

(03-24-2012, 04:03 PM)tperks76 Wrote: I completely agree with you. If anyone had a pending trade and hadn't yet shipped, you may have saved them from the same. Hopefully it works out, but this is exactly what the forums should be used for IMO

Correct me if I'm wrong, he has only been a member for 5 months. A lot of trades in a short period of time doesn't make you an upstanding member. Guys that have been members for 5 years with lots of trades, now thats a different story. A lot of potential scammers do exactly this sort of thing, make a bunch of trades, gain members confidence and the bam, pull a big scam and nobody wants to believe it. That said, I will continue to hope it was a mistake, but at the same time let not kid ourselves either.
So you're saying that since I haven't been here for 5 years that I'm not a good enough trader and don't deserve to be considered one? Even if he would have only been here for 5 years, I'm sure you would start saying that that's still not long enough.

Whats it take to be a good member here? Looks like no one can live up to anyone's expectations here.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

Swank did you miss the part where he sold/traded the card to 2 diff people? I hav had great experiences with all 3 parties involved; Derek, Jake, and Vpina. I realy hope that it can end up well for all 3, but i dont see how it can.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Derek Im really sorry to hear this has happened to you. As far as you posting about it so quickly, I think a deal of this magnitude makes thing a little bit different. Now that the other trader has raised his hand, I really think this has gone to a different level. I am assuming that the Bryce Harper he was posting about recently was involved in that. Im not sure when he was selling a George W auto but to pull off two insanely huge deals at the same time and have both recipients talking about a missing card a few days later makes me think this stunt was a year in the making.

Also, I think calling calling him a PREMIER member of this community is going a little too far. He had what, 100 some odd trades? Been here MAYBE a year? Really? What does that make Derek and the rest of us in the 500 trade range then? A super duper ultra best member in the history of beckett?

Derek I hope this works out no matter how long it takes and if he did what I think he did, I hope he does some jail time over it.

Going to jail over a baseball card is definitely a TOSH.0 worthy story. I can see the web redemption now.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

A good trader is someone you have delt with multiple times without a problem. I have delt with both but more with Derek and he has always come through. There are people I trust here and if I bought something from them I would gift it and there are others I would not. Point being is if you trust the person your dealing with. I bought an Ichiro Auto and he sent to me and told me to pay him after I get the card. Thats alot of trust there as well. He was paid and I gifted him the money so he would get the full amount asked. I can only hope it will be cleared up before the night is over.
(03-24-2012, 04:23 PM)toddaray Wrote: Derek Im really sorry to hear this has happened to you. As far as you posting about it so quickly, I think a deal of this magnitude makes thing a little bit different. Now that the other trader has raised his hand, I really think this has gone to a different level. I am assuming that the Bryce Harper he was posting about recently was involved in that. Im not sure when he was selling a George W auto but to pull off two insanely huge deals at the same time and have both recipients talking about a missing card a few days later makes me think this stunt was a year in the making.

Also, I think calling calling him a PREMIER member of this community is going a little too far. He had what, 100 some odd trades? Been here MAYBE a year? Really? What does that make Derek and the rest of us in the 500 trade range then? A super duper ultra best member in the history of beckett?

Derek I hope this works out no matter how long it takes and if he did what I think he did, I hope he does some jail time over it.

Going to jail over a baseball card is definitely a TOSH.0 worthy story. I can see the web redemption now.
Come on TOSH will kill this one. I watch him all the time.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Guys my PM box is filling fast but I get more and more info by the second. Jake for sure uses multiple email accounts. He has used stories and guys have helped him based in those stories. I hope they are all true. He also owes quite a few people. I mean quite a few. I think guys are afraid to post for fear you all think they jumped the gun.

MrSwank, not to be calling you out but how did you just buy from him when you owe me for the Spahn and don't have the funds to pay? Just curious man!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Like many of you I done a lot of trades with both of these traders and trust both traders. Jake approach me asking to post a sale thread on Blowout for the card dbroockerd was suppose to recieve. I did post the thread lucky for me dbroockerd stop me and told me that Jake sold it to him. Of course that caused a hudge uproar on that site and dbroockerd took a lot heat on Blowout defending me. I hope that Jake made a mistake. That way we can put this mess behind us.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

dang....i wake up with all this bull**** ......hope my end comes today or monday.....i sent him a yankees booklet to him......seems his last post he posted are all high value cards....very suspicious
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

(03-24-2012, 04:39 PM)beginesj Wrote: Like many of you I done a lot of trades with both of these traders and trust both traders. Jake approach me asking to post a sale thread on Blowout for the card dbroockerd was suppose to recieve. I did post the thread lucky for me dbroockerd stop me and told me that Jake sold it to him. Of course that caused a hudge uproar on that site and dbroockerd took a lot heat on Blowout defending me. I hope that Jake made a mistake. That way we can put this mess behind us.
Why would he need you to post a card on another site that is his? I read that one as well and Derek did catch alot of stuff for it.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-24-2012, 04:15 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: So you're saying that since I haven't been here for 5 years that I'm not a good enough trader and don't deserve to be considered one? Even if he would have only been here for 5 years, I'm sure you would start saying that that's still not long enough.

Whats it take to be a good member here? Looks like no one can live up to anyone's expectations here.
I agree with Tank here. I think its wrong for people to be held a different standard based on their number of trades or how long they have been here. I myself have been active for about a year now with only 150 or so trades. 5.00 feedback rating.. I may not have full stars like alot of people or 500 plus trades. Doesn't make me a bad trader. Just means you guys have better stuff for trade and more money to cover all that postage.lol As for stuff like stars thats just from posting a million times daily. I personally don't think it matters if you have 50,100 or 500 trades. People can turn at anytime. Last year there was a trader who had almost 300 trades and then didn't complete his end of the deal. Can't think of his name but I think he was banned. Does anyone recall?
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.