`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That signing was a waste of money

RE: That signing was a waste of money
He had Bowman cards in 2009 with the WBC logo on them. I haven't checked them out on the bay, but I'm sure they're going to be hot now that he's coming overseas.

Maybe Darvish isn't worth all that money. He can be a successful pitcher in the Major Leagues, plus this will give the Rangers a new following. Wait and see all the Japanese media for the games he will pitch. Trust me they will get some money back from merchandise sales, tickets sales and games broadcast in Japan. With a great lineup that score many runs, will take some pressure of him.

Darvish's cards have been going up for the past couple of months. Ever since people were speculating that he would be posted by his Japanese team. They've been slowly creeping up until the past month or so they really started going up
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(01-18-2012, 06:14 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: He had Bowman cards in 2009 with the WBC logo on them. I haven't checked them out on the bay, but I'm sure they're going to be hot now that he's coming overseas.
I have sold every Darvish card I put on the bay. He has been a hot seller since his name was said a couple months ago as a free agent. Yu Darvish was not worth that much moolah, but he is grear for the MLB, the excitement surrounding him through the summer will be epic, then...we shall see.

(01-18-2012, 05:09 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: The Rangers just signed Darvish a few minutes ago. Basically the deal is 6 years, $111 million. It breaks down to $51.7 million to negotiate with him and the actual contract is 6 years and $60 million.

That's an absolute waste of cash in my opinion. I had hoped the Rangers were smarter than this. Darvish has been pitching in Japan. The world's best hitters are in the major leagues. So Darvish hasn't faced talent like he'll see in the MLB.

I know he had a miniscule ERA in Japan and struck out all these guys in so many innings. But if they were that great then why weren't they in the MLB.

And by the way I'm glad the Rangers aren't going to sign Fielder now. That's another waste of cash. Fielder will only be healthy for another 4-5 years at the most because of his weight. So it would've been a waste.

Darvish's signing means Feliz goes back to the pen where he belongs and some team will get Ogando at a steal. He was a solid pitcher and getting stronger since it was his first year out of the pen. Now someone will pick him up and the Rangers will get nothing in return. They still need to sign Oswalt to have a solid No. 1 until this unproven Japanese guy proves himself against MLB hitters.

Dang I'm upset right now. Sorry for the rant. Your thoughts?
Brother,

I feel your pain. Felt the same way when the Sox signed Daisuke a few years ago. Hopefully, your story ends up better than the Matsuzaka saga did.

Good luck!!!

I think Hisashi Iwakuma, who was signed by the Mariners will have a better year than Darvish. He hasn't gotten nearly the attention that Darvish got in coming to the US, but he was one of the top pitchers in Japan and played phenomenally in the WBC. His cards are much cheaper than Darvish (at least for now).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-18-2012, 05:25 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Yes Oswalt is a No. 4 or 5 in Philly where they have the 3 best, or near the best, pitchers in the game in Doc, C Lee and Hamels.

Oswalt is better than anything Texas has, except for maybe Holland. But none of Texas' pitchers have won big games (DS, CS, WS). That's where we missed Cliff Lee last season. He could win the big game, just didn't have anyone else that could.

I didn't declare he was a bust. I just don't think he's worth $111 million over 6 years which is what he costs.
My opinion is no pitcher is worth that much money period!!

(01-18-2012, 06:15 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Maybe Darvish isn't worth all that money. He can be a successful pitcher in the Major Leagues, plus this will give the Rangers a new following. Wait and see all the Japanese media for the games he will pitch. Trust me they will get some money back from merchandise sales, tickets sales and games broadcast in Japan. With a great lineup that score many runs, will take some pressure of him.
nope...all sales of team gear are spread evenly through all the teams. red sox had the same issue with dice-k. boston did get a bump in tourism though

(01-18-2012, 06:03 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: You need good players in order to compete. Not signing because he's overpriced is accepting failure. They needed pitching to compete with the Angels and Red Sox (Sorry Yankee fans, you're done).

I liked the signing.

jezzz another famous comment from a Yankee hater.....
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

I wonder how well he is going to adapt to the heat in Texas.
[Image: Sig.png]