`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
trading is dead?

RE: trading is dead?
I have a question about trades and the org. I get trade declined emails all the time from people who got tired of waiting for me to respond .... why does beckett not inform those members that I have no org and cant even see the trade .... the way it is now just makes me look like a jerk because I never respond to trade offers I didnt know I had .... wont even let me in there to see if an offer is there or not

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I haven't traded on here in probably 15 years, but this rule was just as important then as it is now...

eBay value >>> book value. It was probably BV worshipers who made me stop trading online in the first place.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(07-21-2016, 03:21 PM)c squared Wrote: I haven't traded on here in probably 15 years, but this rule was just as important then as it is now...

eBay value >>> book value. It was probably BV worshipers who made me stop trading online in the first place.
oh youre one of those ebay pricing traders? I bought a derrick morgan 1/1 rookies and stars auto in 2010 for $75.. wanna trade me something for $75 value? id guess not. The amount of shillers and "fake" accounts to boost sales.. give me a break.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(07-21-2016, 03:03 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I have a question about trades and the org. I get trade declined emails all the time from people who got tired of waiting for me to respond .... why does beckett not inform those members that I have no org and cant even see the trade .... the way it is now just makes me look like a jerk because I never respond to trade offers I didnt know I had .... wont even let me in there to see if an offer is there or not
I know how you feel, as I took a few months break from paying for ORG and got hammered with trades during that time, but couldn't even look at them or reply letting people know I wasn't able to trade at that time. One more reason I wish Beckett would block the ability to either send trades or see "available" cards in non-paying accounts.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm jumping on the thread a little late, but I think it's a great topic. John and I have made some great, easy trades through the years, we don't always see eye to eye, so we cancel and try again later. People tend to take their collection and trading so personal because we tend to over value our own stuff, and that's half the battle. Trading online is what got me back into the hobby after taking a small break, making me think that people should try to have more fun with it, not worrying so much about value but instead the relationships with other traders and the opportunity to talk sports.

It has been slow on here, which I think is a direct reflection on Beckett. Comparing these forums to blowout shows that the hobby is just as hot, Beckett has just mismanaged this site terribly. It's hard to understand why they don't take greater consideration into our gripes and make positive changes to make trading easier, more affordable (Ha!) and more accessible, but that's for another day. I know there can be a lot of value, and in turn, money, involved during trades, but we should remember why we're doing this in the first place....because it's supposed to be fun!
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

(07-21-2016, 03:53 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: oh youre one of those ebay pricing traders? I bought a derrick morgan 1/1 rookies and stars auto in 2010 for $75.. wanna trade me something for $75 value? id guess not. The amount of shillers and "fake" accounts to boost sales.. give me a break.
Now you're just playing stupid. A 2010-sourced value is moot in 2016, be it from eBay, Beckett, or any other source. Admittedly, I am out of the loop, but last I checked, Beckett doesn't price 1/1 cards at all.

The problem with Beckett is that they are not a neutral third party. The company has a vested interest in the hobby doing well and cards having high values. I genuinely believe the company purposefully inflates book values. When tens of thousands of 90s and 00s cards book for $50-100 and routinely sell for $5 or less for years with no change in book value, that's purposefully dishonest.

I will take my chances pricing a card based on sales in an active and open marketplace vs. a book with literally millions - millions - of consistently inaccurate values.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(07-20-2016, 05:50 PM)jplarson Wrote: ya caught me!
That explains why you haven't seen a trade in months. You have to pay for ORG or OPG to see any trades. I guess that also explains why you never responded to the trade offer I sent you.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-25-2016, 10:29 AM)djohn Wrote: That explains why you haven't seen a trade in months. You have to pay for ORG or OPG to see any trades. I guess that also explains why you never responded to the trade offer I sent you.
Apologies, my sarcasm didn't come across well enough. I mock Beckett's draconian policy to not allow free trading here anymore. Well aware of their pay to play policies.

@ft28, you make me chuckle, man. I guess one instance of forgetfulness (or whatever it was, I don't recall the circumstances a year later) equates to hypocrisy.

(07-25-2016, 12:08 PM)jplarson Wrote: Apologies, my sarcasm didn't come across well enough. I mock Beckett's draconian policy to not allow free trading here anymore. Well aware of their pay to play policies.
Never mind they continue to raise the price of OPGs while (useful) features stop working or disappear altogether- this site is essentially the Beta release from the initial change over. Up to $11/mo. now, though you do get access to the iOS app... which is great, unless you're an Android user. Can't decide if Beckett is desperate or brilliant.

Trading is alive and well, I just received a nice PC item from the OP today.

Thanks Frenchie!!!