`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
trading is dead?

RE: trading is dead?
thank you for your input. No one is ranting and everyone is playing nice. Conflict/disagreement is natural in all aspects of life. As Mick Foley says, Have A Nice Day
(07-20-2016, 09:08 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Even though reading the rants from you two have been entertaining, why don't you both play nice or take your football home and call it a day.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(07-20-2016, 10:23 AM)ft28jags Wrote: thank you for your input. No one is ranting and everyone is playing nice. Conflict/disagreement is natural in all aspects of life. As Mick Foley says, Have A Nice Day
Heh, heh...conflict is well-known to me as I coach and work in an accounting firm. And, I see it all the time on these message boards. I just couldn't help myself!

Sounds to me like you're holding a grudge because I forgot to say thanks. I shipped out eight packages to members from Beckett (some are even in this thread) around Christmas, only a couple even acknowledged receiving them- good thing I always use tracking. A thank you would have been nice, but it doesn't stop me from trading or doing nice things- nor should you let it stop you, kind of defeats the purpose, don't ya think? I don't see how I was being hypocritical, to me it seems you finally found your chance to vent about a perceived slight. Like I said, if it bothered you--which it clearly did since you still remember a year later--you could have commented in our trade, messaged me, or left feedback as you seem to have faith in that system.

Again, thanks, and apologies if you took offense. Perhaps you can point out my hypocrisy so I can avoid making similar mistakes in the future?

If anything, this proves my point- can't win 'em all. Sheesh.

(07-20-2016, 12:31 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Sounds to me like you're holding a grudge because I forgot to say thanks.

If anything, this proves my point- can't win 'em all. Sheesh.
As an outsider, I don't think it is anything you did or said. I have come across several of his comments on the boards and they all are a bit sarcastic, pompous, and overbearing. But, what do I know??!!
Just take a look at the message he has at the bottom of every post...he just likes it that way. Again, just an outsider's observation.

From my perspective, trading is dead. I haven't seen a trade in months!

(07-20-2016, 02:04 PM)jplarson Wrote: From my perspective, trading is dead. I haven't seen a trade in months!
Just sent you an offer, so trading is still alive.
One thing I have noticed is that trading can be frustrating when a lot of people have cards marked for trade, yet they haven't logged on in years or they don't pay for ORG and thus can't trade. If Beckett could only list people who have active ORG/Pricing accounts when you do a search then more people might be apt to send trade offers.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-20-2016, 03:18 PM)djohn Wrote: Just sent you an offer, so trading is still alive.
One thing I have noticed is that trading can be frustrating when a lot of people have cards marked for trade, yet they haven't logged on in years or they don't pay for ORG and thus can't trade. If Beckett could only list people who have active ORG/Pricing accounts when you do a search then more people might be apt to send trade offers.
+1. I just completed a trade where I had to re-pick cards 3 times because the other person has not updated their org in a long time. Quite annoying!
I realize you are talking about those on Beckett but have not logged in for a period of time...I wish they would not show up as well.

(07-20-2016, 03:18 PM)djohn Wrote: Just sent you an offer, so trading is still alive.
interested in your troy glaus auto actually lol
I don't say thanks for the extras unless I actually like them. Im not gonna keep telling someone "thank you" for something you never asked for in the first place. Yeah the thought is very considerate and generous but if ya don't want something, well then, ya don't want something.

Example: I have like 2000 different T.O. cards.. so if I get extra its PROBABLY something I already have.. its like " oh great, more dupes that I don't want" im not going to say Thanks for them because I didn't want them lol not to be mean but its how the cookie crumbles
my org is also very up to date.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

no grudge at all and furthermore, I ultimately have no issue with you, as I have traded with you without issue. Just don't care for what I feel was a hypocritical statement. This isn't about others not saying thanks to you or receiving from you, but it's about you not doing it. You don't always say thanks and that is part of the point despite your post saying other wise. Had I said nothing, you wouldn't of known, hence I decided to say something, and now you know.

Since you asked to have it pointed out, here is the remark (I bolded what i felt was hypercritical):

Thank you very much for the bunch of base or insert extras you so generously included with our trade! No offense intended, I've received help from many members here and always thank them or do my best to return the favor. But, I make mistakes. That said, I find it kind of odd you wait a year to bring up, guess you couldn't have contacted me privately if you had an issue?

We all make mistakes, and I simply pointed this one out. Maybe it came across a little brash (I am from NY). Not my intent per say, but yes, I did want to point it out to you and I could've pointed it out sooner and probably should've, but also felt if I'm sending you freebies, why am I asking you to say thanks, as it's something you should already just do. I didn't message you, but was reading this post and commenting and caught your remarks so I spoke up. Had I not been being an active member in this thread giving another one a hard time, I never would've ended up responding to your comment

I don't post all that often per say and you're right that you really don't know me. But if you think of me that way, that's your opinion. I've made and continue to make lots of trades on here (though it is slower then it has been as of late, but not dead) I think of you as someone who tries to stir ***** up. The bottom of every post is my signature. Saves time generally and actually it's outdated as dc is included on everything so thanks for reminding me to change it.

You're not an outsider (unless you perceive yourself as one). You seem to have been on beckett for quite a bit as your feedback reflects that, I definitely hope you have fun and make lots of deals on the football side of the house

(Today 06:01 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote:
As an outsider, I don't think it is anything you did or said. I have come across several of his comments on the boards and they all are a bit sarcastic, pompous, and overbearing. But, what do I know??!!
Just take a look at the message he has at the bottom of every post...he just likes it that way. Again, just an outsider's observation
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(07-20-2016, 03:18 PM)djohn Wrote: they don't pay for ORG and thus can't trade.
ya caught me!