IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
list your 2016 hobby goals

list your 2016 hobby goals
it is time to start thinking about your goals for 2016. Please list yours

My 2016 Hobby goals:
1. pick up 24 T-206s (only need 70 to complete the set) Picked up 5 so far 2-20-16
2. Finish my 2011 Bowman topps 100 only card needed TP#1 Still looking 2-20-16 STILL LOOKING
3. Get to 1000 trades here on Beckett @ 850 TRADES 150 TO GO
4. sell off/trade off 100% of my football cards.-- sold 300 cards and gave away 3x that number- STILL HAVE 10,032 CARDS

What are your goals for 2016

I hope to see everyone's goals marked completed throughout the year and keeping this thread updated
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: list your 2016 hobby goals
In no particular order:

1 - Continue to build my Vintage collection with a focus on 1951-1959.
2 - Somehow sort the 100,000 + commons into teams and get put away.
3 - Finish my 1968 Topps set.

There are probably more that I can think of but these are my top 3!

Happy Collecting!

Mark

My goals are simple as I am just now picking back up.

I want to sell/trade off the remainder of my old inventory as well as the rest of my Braves PC to build up funds to use towards my graded HOFer RC PC.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

My collecting goals for 2016....
1. Have Fun.....and then more fun!
2. Get back to trading once we get back in our house and I can get re-set-up. Aiming for 3/1/16 to start trading....complete 100 individual trades by Thanksgivivng
3. Decide between Topps '63 or '70 to start NRMT-MNT collection
4. Break at least an individual case of Gypsy Queen and work on a 2016 GQ master set. Aiming for 65% complete by 12/31/16.
5. Attend my 1st National in Atlantic City (???) and maybe meet some of my "Beckett Friends" in person.
6. Have some more fun by attending at least 2 large shows and 4 smaller shows
7. Attempt a fun-raising collection show at my church to raise money
8. Did I mention having fun!!!!

Good luck everyone........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Continue with my Nolan Ryan BGS/BVG Master Player Registry.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would like to add another 100 cards to my chipper jones registry.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling
Wink 
This thread made me get off my but and use some funds I would have put into blasters into my sets instead. So I have now finished three of my sets going into the new year!

finish my two 2015 sets, nearly there but not gonna get them done by the end of year. ***Just finished both sets through COMC, will arrive in the new year!

finish two more bowman platinum prospect refractor sets (most likely the greens). *** just finished my 2012 green set through COMC, will arrive in the new year!!!

sell or trade off a large number of lesser cards and refocus to more mid-level cards to work towards improving my collection again. Trade up for cards I want.

Break less wax, or focus my breaks on more productive products, obtaining some better cards for my collection.

Have fun and continue to enjoy the hobby.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

My goals for 2016
1. Get T206 Ty Cobb bat off shoulder. The only Cobb I need from the 4 version and add about 10-15 more T206 commons.
2. Finish 1958 Topps set and then work full time on the 1956. Need about half the cards for the 56'
3. I have to go to a major show. Planning for the Chantilly show in April.
4. Add about 100 trades in the year.
5. The toughest one is getting a Babe Ruth 1933 Goudey any of the version.
6. Add a few more 1952 and 1954 cards to the collection. The 1954 topps set will be my 2017 goal, just getting ahead on that one.
The most important one to keep enjoying and having fun on this great hobby.

Begin selling and or trading off my collection of 224,000 cards. I am now retired an need to down size.
Mostly football and a set builder

I'd like to say I've just about achieved my goals this year with two exceptions so i'll just push them over to this year.

1. Finish the 2013 topps Archives Mets fan favorite Au's - I just need Ron Darling!
2. Finish the 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. I have about 14 cards left.
3. Finish the 2015 topps chrome update (I just decided to do this last week)
4. Try to cut down and off load singles/commons I have including basketball and football.
5. I would love to gather a few more T206 cards or even pre WWII era's.
6. I always put together a set each year but I may just focus on completing the ones I have first.

6 Obtainable goals. I can do eeetttttt!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.