`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
list your 2016 hobby goals

RE: list your 2016 hobby goals
(12-26-2015, 04:59 PM)waynetalger Wrote: it is time to start thinking about your goals for 2016. Please list yours

My 2016 Hobby goals:
1. pick up 24 T-206s (only need 70 to complete the set) Picked up 5 so far 2-20-16
2. Finish my 2011 Bowman topps 100 only card needed TP#1 Still looking 2-20-16 STILL LOOKING
3. Get to 1000 trades here on Beckett @ 850 TRADES 150 TO GO
4. sell off/trade off 100% of my football cards.-- sold 300 cards and gave away 3x that number- STILL HAVE 10,032 CARDS

What are your goals for 2016

I hope to see everyone's goals marked completed throughout the year and keeping this thread updated
as of 8-29
1. picked up 10 out of 24
2. still looking for that 1 pain in the neck card
3. have not done much trading
4. sold over 400 cards and gave away about double that. every card I sold went to my next purchase of a T-206 card

How you guys coming along
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

1. Narrow my PC from 11 guys to 9. Looking to unload my Votto & Justin Upton cards.
2. Stop buying until I can complete my PC wants.
3. Sell/trade all my team sets to allow for completion of individual PC sets.
4. Continue making my nephews happy by giving them all of my Braves cards.
5. Continue to slowly get my PC graded.
6. Stop buying so much.

(12-31-2015, 10:29 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I was a little ambitious with my goals last year, so basically I'll aim to finish the goals I set last year for 2016! I added vintage sets (doing all 50s Topps) and all HOF Five Star Autos for every year (33% done with that) so this year I'll aim to not add any new spreadsheets to my ultimate list ha.

Finishing up some old ones:

Should be easily done, I'm just picky on which auto. I'd love a Five Star!
1. Get a David Ortiz Auto to complete my 500 HR auto PC. (again ha)

This one has a lot of similarities to #3, so they both should be completed around the same time. Mathewson & Grove will be the tough/expensive ones.
2. Complete 300 Wins Auto PC, NEED: Clemens, Seaver, R. Johnson, Wynn, Grove, and replacement cards for: Mathewson (jersey), Nichols (any), W. Johnson(any), Cy Young(any).

This one is completely tied to the 300 club winners. so when this one is completed, #2 will be close!
3. Complete 3,000 K Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, Clemens, Seaver, and replacement card for: W. Johnson (any).

This one should be the easiest, as Randy Johnson is in #2 & #3; and the other are just replacement cards. Just need to pick the right Randy!
4. Complete Perfect Game Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, replacement cards for C. Robertson (any), Cy Young (any).

This one also should be fairly easy, the Javy is the toughest (making sure its him and not the Giants pitcher). It's just a matter of deciding to buy these ha.
5. Complete 1995 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Javy Lopez, Tom Glavine, David Justice.

Bruton & Red I have my eye on now, the Covington is a little tougher and a little more pricey.
6. Complete 1957 WS Braves Autos PC, NEED: Bill Bruton (in Braves uni), Red Schonedienst (in Braves uni probably need an IP), Wes Covington (in Braves uni).

This is by far the toughest. Bruton, Buhl & Covington are expensive. Burdette can be, and this is also the longest list.
7. Complete 1957 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Pafko, Torre, Schoendienst, Bruton, Covington, Burdette, Mathews, Buhl, Crone.

And a few new goals:

8. Complete 1959 Topps Set: I'm 40% done now, so I have a decent jump on it.

9. Get to 50% completion on my HOF/Braves/Historically Significant Autos including 2016 Five Star: I'm at 33% now; with a few incoming.

10. Finally, an overall collection goal: I keep up with my percentage completion for my whole collection (including auto cards, auto'd baseballs, bobbleheads, RCs, Five Stars). There's about 1,155 items (not including the vintage sets). I'm currently at 30%. I'm going to shoot for 50% by the end of 2016. That is a HUGE jump. So that's my ambitious goal for 2016!

Sorry for the long read, but those are my goals!
1.: COMPLETE.

2.: Early Wynn on the way, lack Lefty Grove & Christy Mathewson.

3.: COMPLETE.

4.: COMPLETE.

5.: COMPLETE.

6.: Need Wes Covington.

7.: Still need literally all of them that are on the list ha.

8.: COMPLETE.

9.: Currently at 54% pre-2016 Five Star.

10. This one has changed as I added a ton of stuff to my want list ha.
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(01-05-2016, 02:55 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: 1) get all the supplies I need and get my PC into said supplies and organized. Get rid of all old supplies (top loaders, snap cases, magnetics, screw downs)

2) continue to work on my auto sets. Finishing one is not feasible really but to progress and add a few especially to one of them would be huge.

3) Buy a box of something pre-2009 To rip. 95% Likely won't get anything I'm looking for but would be fun.

4) add a non upgrade mantle to my pc (this most likely won't happen but I didn't expect to add what I did last year either)
1) this was accomplished as of April.. but still have a large bin of used supplies I can't get rid of.
2) made a ton of headway on various sets so need more supplies
3) hasn't happened, probably won't.
4) same as 3
So far for the year, I could quit now and be happy with the years progress.

What a good idea for a thread, waynetalger!

I'll need to transfer this into my list of Open Loops, but in the interest of getting the thoughts inspired by this thread out of my brain, here are my collecting goals for the rest of the year:

1. Organize my monster box, complete with tabs indicating year/set
2. Complete 2007 UD Masterpieces base set
3. Complete 2016 A&G base set
4. Make progress, i.e., at least 5% closer to completing 2009-2011 tristar Obak base sets
5. Figure out what former PC items to sell to gather funds to buy new PC items/complete other sets

My only goal was to hopefully stumble across a Ripken Jr 1996 mirror gold base card in psa 9
So far no luck
Cal Ripken Jr Collection
[url]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/bigalbert233
2/?[/url]

(12-26-2015, 09:35 PM)crossada Wrote: I would like to add another 100 cards to my chipper jones registry.
I'm currently at 212 BGS Chipper Jones with my goal set at 250. Started at 150 last December.

I have an order ready to send in to Beckett but was waiting for a good monthly special first.

(08-30-2016, 02:20 PM)bigalbert Wrote: My only goal was to hopefully stumble across a Ripken Jr 1996 mirror gold base card in psa 9
So far no luck

I hope you're able to find one. Very nice looking cards. Here is my Chipper I sent in to be graded earlier this year.

[Image: 100_8248_zpsdedun6bm.jpg]
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Picked up 1 more T206 Scoop (Max) Carey
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

1) My main objective this year was to cut down on my retail purchases

SUCCESS

2) Use those freed up funds instead for picking up single cards and/or hobby boxes of sets that don't have a million base cards for every 1 hit.

SUCCESS

3) New goal: since I pulled a 2016 Topps 1/1 platinum Luis Severino card from Series 1, despite my dislike for the new design, I'm going to focus on a Severino Rainbow.

FAILURE

4) Secondary objectives for 2016: try to find time to trade more and not let trade offers sit for months ... But that requires me to get organized.

EPIC FAILURE

5) New Goal: Trade for a Bryce Harper Auto!

PARTIAL SUCCESS ... I traded USD for one Smile

6) Enjoy as much of the baseball season as possible

TOTAL SUCCESS
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-28-2016, 07:09 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Picked up 1 more T206 Scoop (Max) Carey
That answered my question on your other post! Great pick up, Wayne!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.