`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
list your 2016 hobby goals

RE: list your 2016 hobby goals
(10-29-2016, 10:34 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That answered my question on your other post! Great pick up, Wayne!
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Any more 2016 goal completions?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-27-2015, 08:02 AM)franciscomarina Wrote: My goals for 2016
1. Get T206 Ty Cobb bat off shoulder. The only Cobb I need from the 4 version and add about 10-15 more T206 commons.
2. Finish 1958 Topps set and then work full time on the 1956. Need about half the cards for the 56'
3. I have to go to a major show. Planning for the Chantilly show in April.
4. Add about 100 trades in the year.
5. The toughest one is getting a Babe Ruth 1933 Goudey any of the version.
6. Add a few more 1952 and 1954 cards to the collection. The 1954 topps set will be my 2017 goal, just getting ahead on that one.
The most important one to keep enjoying and having fun on this great hobby.
I did achieve goal #1 getting the Cobb and adding a few more T206.
Almost finish with the 1958, needing only 7 cards and the best part that they are common, so it won't cost me much. I should have them by the end of the year.
For personal and work reasons I couldn't go to any show this year, but I did get close to the 100 trades this year.
No luck getting a Babe Ruth Goudey, but I did add a few more 1952 and 54' cards to the PC.
I really can't complain with the 2016 year. Whatever, I add during the rest of the year is a bonus. There is still a chance I can add about 60 more cards to the 1952 PC.

I only need a 2 more cards to reach my goal of 250 BGS 9.5 Chipper Jones so I feel confident of blowing by that number.

If I set next year's goal the same to add another 100 cards a head start helps.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-31-2015, 11:32 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: My goals
1 Finish picking up the rest of the 70's vintage Redsox to complete that decade.
2 Get at least 1 or 2 of my top 5 Redsox autos.
3 Trade/slim/sell off my bkball,fb,hky.
4 Organize my collection better, always a work in progress.
5 Show off more of my side pcs/pc/hidden pcs.
1) completed for the most part
2) got 1 off the list a yaz auto
3) hky mostly done, bkball started, fb still working on
4) progressing but still a work in progress
5) someday I'll get to it
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

i got out of the hobby as planned, but still have my inventory. i probably should just bulk sell it at one time

(01-04-2016, 11:37 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Great to see everyone's goals here. This is one of my favorite threads each year.

My collecting goals for 2016...

1. Hit 40,000 different Red Sox cards (beginning the year at 38,486)
2. Pick up 12 - 24 more 1972 Topps High Numbers. (have 43 left to finish the set)
3. Organize! - Part 1 - I still have Red Sox year books, programs, buttons, pins, & cards that I have yet to inventory.
4. Organize! Part 2 - Put my vintage sets in binders and pages so I can look at them more often.
5. Downsize - I have hundreds of thousands of cards I need to address and decide whether to inventory for trade , finish sets, sell, or just donate them.

Scott
Close enough to year end for me.....only completed one of five goals

1. Hit 40,000 different Red Sox cards (beginning the year at 38,486) ----- Hit it, now have 41,563 - added over 3000 new ones this year!
2. Pick up 12 - 24 more 1972 Topps High Numbers. (have 43 left to finish the set) ---- only picked up 1!
3. Organize! - Part 1 - I still have Red Sox year books, programs, buttons, pins, & cards that I have yet to inventory. ----- only a partial complete, was able to scan some of what I have for a quick reference, but still have boxes in storage to go through
4. Organize! Part 2 - Put my vintage sets in binders and pages so I can look at them more often. ------nearly done, put 1969-72 in binders, still have 1968 to go....
5. Downsize - I have hundreds of thousands of cards I need to address and decide whether to inventory for trade , finish sets, sell, or just donate them. ------not even close and not likely to happen in 2017 either!

50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I didn't set any goals at the beginning of 2016, but I did reach 250 trades that I think is cool, and i started collection Minnesota Vikings for the 1st time, and I managed to spend about $500 more than planned. For 2017, who knows??!

(12-26-2015, 06:17 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: My collecting goals for 2016....
1. Have Fun.....and then more fun!
2. Get back to trading once we get back in our house and I can get re-set-up. Aiming for 3/1/16 to start trading....complete 100 individual trades by Thanksgivivng
3. Decide between Topps '63 or '70 to start NRMT-MNT collection
4. Break at least an individual case of Gypsy Queen and work on a 2016 GQ master set. Aiming for 65% complete by 12/31/16.
5. Attend my 1st National in Atlantic City (???) and maybe meet some of my "Beckett Friends" in person.
6. Have some more fun by attending at least 2 large shows and 4 smaller shows
7. Attempt a fun-raising collection show at my church to raise money
8. Did I mention having fun!!!!

Good luck everyone........

1 - 3. Ha...work and moving back into our house after the fire pretty much shut me down for 2016.
4 - Broke a case of 2016 GQ (nice Bryant mini auto #/25 and a Trout 1/5 auto pulled). 71.4% completed set as of today (excluding 1/1's and printing plates) so accomplished that goal.
5 - 8 - see 1 - 3
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-31-2015, 10:29 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I was a little ambitious with my goals last year, so basically I'll aim to finish the goals I set last year for 2016! I added vintage sets (doing all 50s Topps) and all HOF Five Star Autos for every year (33% done with that) so this year I'll aim to not add any new spreadsheets to my ultimate list ha.

Finishing up some old ones:

Should be easily done, I'm just picky on which auto. I'd love a Five Star!
1. Get a David Ortiz Auto to complete my 500 HR auto PC. (again ha)

This one has a lot of similarities to #3, so they both should be completed around the same time. Mathewson & Grove will be the tough/expensive ones.
2. Complete 300 Wins Auto PC, NEED: Clemens, Seaver, R. Johnson, Wynn, Grove, and replacement cards for: Mathewson (jersey), Nichols (any), W. Johnson(any), Cy Young(any).

This one is completely tied to the 300 club winners. so when this one is completed, #2 will be close!
3. Complete 3,000 K Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, Clemens, Seaver, and replacement card for: W. Johnson (any).

This one should be the easiest, as Randy Johnson is in #2 & #3; and the other are just replacement cards. Just need to pick the right Randy!
4. Complete Perfect Game Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, replacement cards for C. Robertson (any), Cy Young (any).

This one also should be fairly easy, the Javy is the toughest (making sure its him and not the Giants pitcher). It's just a matter of deciding to buy these ha.
5. Complete 1995 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Javy Lopez, Tom Glavine, David Justice.

Bruton & Red I have my eye on now, the Covington is a little tougher and a little more pricey.
6. Complete 1957 WS Braves Autos PC, NEED: Bill Bruton (in Braves uni), Red Schonedienst (in Braves uni probably need an IP), Wes Covington (in Braves uni).

This is by far the toughest. Bruton, Buhl & Covington are expensive. Burdette can be, and this is also the longest list.
7. Complete 1957 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Pafko, Torre, Schoendienst, Bruton, Covington, Burdette, Mathews, Buhl, Crone.

And a few new goals:

8. Complete 1959 Topps Set: I'm 40% done now, so I have a decent jump on it.

9. Get to 50% completion on my HOF/Braves/Historically Significant Autos including 2016 Five Star: I'm at 33% now; with a few incoming.

10. Finally, an overall collection goal: I keep up with my percentage completion for my whole collection (including auto cards, auto'd baseballs, bobbleheads, RCs, Five Stars). There's about 1,155 items (not including the vintage sets). I'm currently at 30%. I'm going to shoot for 50% by the end of 2016. That is a HUGE jump. So that's my ambitious goal for 2016!

Sorry for the long read, but those are my goals!
1. Complete
2. Need Grove
3. Complete
4. Complete
5. Complete
6. Complete
7. Need all listed, minus Bruton
8. Complete
9. Complete
10. *Incomplete because my needs went up significantly ha.
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]