IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
list your 2016 hobby goals

RE: list your 2016 hobby goals
2016 hobby goals

1. Get more organized
2. Organize my player PC's of Jeter, Pujols, Clemente, Koufax, Mariano Rivera, Nolan Ryan, Rickey Henderson and others.
3. Add to my extensive list of cards in my organize.
4. Downsize in as many trades as possible.
5. Pick up a Bird/Magic rookie in a PSA 8 or 8.5. Looking for a nice copy with good centering and a clean surface.
6. Have fun and clean off my computer desk at least once a month..haha

To keep on keepin' on.
1. Continue on my set completing tradition of Topps (base chrome and Heritage) and Bowman (Base chrome and draft).
2. Continually add to my team/player collections (Giants, Indians and A's)
3. Have fun meeting and chatting with other collectors (here, Blowout and at the LCS)
4. Organize, calculate and print out values of my collection to put in my organized boxes, sets and binders.

Here's to 2016!

What the heck, here goes:

1. Not buy any non PC cards until the unsorted piles lying around are put in Organize and properly stored.
2. Complete minimum of 1 trade a week for new PC items.
3. Use my 50 free monthly eBay listings to thin out collection and get $ for PC cards.
4. Pull cards for Twins PC from current boxes and put in my Twins PC boxes.
5. Finish getting PC players organized and in binders/boxes.

That's enough. If I can accomplish #1 it will be a miracle.

Lots of good posts in this thread, here's mine:

1. Finish '66 Topps Venezuelan Set - Missing 13
2. Finish '68 Topps Master Set - Need 4: Ryan RC, Cox yellow, McCormick White, Yaz Cklst VAR, (2) Wrappers
3. Finish my Topps '69 & '70 Sets - Need 6 in each and for way too long.
4. Finish 2008 Topps Sterling /250 set - Missing 18
5. Break 300 card mark on 2010 Tribute HOF Relics & Autos - Have 276
6. Sell about 25% of my collection & donate a bunch more to 2-3 kids in my neighborhood.

After that, my rule of thumb will be, if I can't display it, don't buy it.
(12-31-2015, 10:29 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I was a little ambitious with my goals last year, so basically I'll aim to finish the goals I set last year for 2016! I added vintage sets (doing all 50s Topps) and all HOF Five Star Autos for every year (33% done with that) so this year I'll aim to not add any new spreadsheets to my ultimate list ha.

Finishing up some old ones:

Should be easily done, I'm just picky on which auto. I'd love a Five Star!
1. Get a David Ortiz Auto to complete my 500 HR auto PC. (again ha)

This one has a lot of similarities to #3, so they both should be completed around the same time. Mathewson & Grove will be the tough/expensive ones.
2. Complete 300 Wins Auto PC, NEED: Clemens, Seaver, R. Johnson, Wynn, Grove, and replacement cards for: Mathewson (jersey), Nichols (any), W. Johnson(any), Cy Young(any).

This one is completely tied to the 300 club winners. so when this one is completed, #2 will be close!
3. Complete 3,000 K Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, Clemens, Seaver, and replacement card for: W. Johnson (any).

This one should be the easiest, as Randy Johnson is in #2 & #3; and the other are just replacement cards. Just need to pick the right Randy!
4. Complete Perfect Game Auto PC, NEED: R. Johnson, replacement cards for C. Robertson (any), Cy Young (any).

This one also should be fairly easy, the Javy is the toughest (making sure its him and not the Giants pitcher). It's just a matter of deciding to buy these ha.
5. Complete 1995 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Javy Lopez, Tom Glavine, David Justice.

Bruton & Red I have my eye on now, the Covington is a little tougher and a little more pricey.
6. Complete 1957 WS Braves Autos PC, NEED: Bill Bruton (in Braves uni), Red Schonedienst (in Braves uni probably need an IP), Wes Covington (in Braves uni).

This is by far the toughest. Bruton, Buhl & Covington are expensive. Burdette can be, and this is also the longest list.
7. Complete 1957 WS Braves Auto'd Baseball PC, NEED: Pafko, Torre, Schoendienst, Bruton, Covington, Burdette, Mathews, Buhl, Crone.

And a few new goals:

8. Complete 1959 Topps Set: I'm 40% done now, so I have a decent jump on it.

9. Get to 50% completion on my HOF/Braves/Historically Significant Autos including 2016 Five Star: I'm at 33% now; with a few incoming.

10. Finally, an overall collection goal: I keep up with my percentage completion for my whole collection (including auto cards, auto'd baseballs, bobbleheads, RCs, Five Stars). There's about 1,155 items (not including the vintage sets). I'm currently at 30%. I'm going to shoot for 50% by the end of 2016. That is a HUGE jump. So that's my ambitious goal for 2016!

Sorry for the long read, but those are my goals!
Great range of goals and collecting. Good luck on the Five Star HOF goal. It's ambitious but a good one, one I'd consider an solid investment too.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

First time setting goals, instead of chasing everything and achieving nothing;

1. Stop set collecting
2. Collect Dallas Keuchel cards as priority
3. Pick up the occasional Astros lot
4. Stop buying whatever I see on eBay that I like, or think is a bargain!
5. Buy a case of something
6. Carry on with the Mantle HR Collection (forever)

Continue having fun with my daughter with this hobby...
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

My main objective this year is to cut down on my retail purchases (blasters & packs .... Especially Topps Series 1,2 & update) I've been sucked in too long wasting money, taking up space and getting little in return ... (Besides, not really loving the new design this year ). Use those funds instead for picking up single cards and/or hobby boxes of sets that don't have a million base cards for every 1 hit.
New goal: since I pulled a 2016 Topps 1/1 platinum Luis Severino card from Series 1, despite my dislike for the new design, I'm going to focus on a Severino Rainbow.

Secondary objectives for 2016: try to find time to trade more and not let trade offers sit for months ... But that requires me to get organized so I can find the cards that are in my trade folder!!! (Which has been my biggest deterrent from trading) So, I'm going to start a trade folder box and keep all the cards I list (at least from this point forward) in one spot so I don't have to dig through boxes and boxes of unorganized stuff (needle in a haystack scenario) every time a trade offer is made.
New Goal: Trade for a Bryce Harper Auto!

Enjoy as much of the baseball season as possible, (but spend much more time studying) and have fun with the cardboard!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Complete the Piazza checklist for minors thru 1996, currently at about 75% completion!
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(02-18-2016, 10:13 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Great range of goals and collecting. Good luck on the Five Star HOF goal. It's ambitious but a good one, one I'd consider an solid investment too.
Thanks for the comments. Since posting my Goals I've achieved these things:

Picked up a Roger Clemens Five Star auto that's on its way! (300 Wins, 3,000 K, and Five Star hits!)

Picked up a David Justice Auto'd baseball (which leaves me with Glavine & Javy for '95 WS Braves)

and split a complete set of '13 Five Star autos with a friend of mine- knocking out a lot of them for me! I'm now at 46% complete (pre-2016 five star) on all of them!

Finally, I've picked up a lot of '59 Topps- I'm now 87% done with the set! Just 76 cards to go!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

1. Go through my collection and finally organize it.
2. Join more breaks and buy less cases
3. Earn enough money on COMC to buy a 1948 Leaf Robinson.
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

Cool Thread and Goals for 2016.

My Goals for 2016 are:

1) Get more organized and get more cards entered into the organizer for trading, which also includes reducing the number of boxes of commons I have in my "office/card room"
2) Don't Spend a fortune
3) Finish my 1969 Topps set
4) Get my Maddux PC up to 750 cards
5) Get my Pedroia PC up to 500 Cards
6) Get my Wakefield PC up to 250 cards
7) Get the final two 2014 Dynasty Pedroia auto cards (#'d/10)
8) Get a Walter Johnson autograph
9)Put all my completed sets into binders for viewing
10) Go to the National or at least a couple of local card shows

Could be more, but I think these are possible.
Thanks and good luck to everyone on their goals.

[Image: 7zvFV.png]