Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
On their cards.
Would this constitute as false advertising?
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
Not any more than a guy that lists a number of his Rc cards on ebay as SP
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(07-01-2013, 04:34 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: On their cards.
Would this constitute as false advertising?
Nah, I mean, they are rookies in terms of playing experience ... if they said "Officially Recognized Rookie Card by Beckett Media" then they would have a problem, LOL ...

The whole labeling of a card as "RC" by Beckett is a joke, even more so in baseball. Sure the Upper Deck cards show the players in college uniforms, but Prestige used to do that (as did other sets) and yet they are considered Rookie Cards. The big difference is that Upper Deck doesn't have a license with the NFL, but they do have a NCAA license. Until Upper Deck starts putting underclassman that aren't even draft eligible in their sets, the cards will still be considered rookie cards to me. Heck, even if they did do that I would consider the underclassman cards to be XRCs and that years rookie crop to be RCs.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Any card from a player's rookie year is a rookie card to me
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(07-01-2013, 06:13 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: Any card from a player's rookie year is a rookie card to me
+1 ... the Bowman stuff in baseball cracks me up ... I was pulling Profars and Machados out of packs of Bowman like 3 years ago, LOL

I wish UD had an NFL and MLB license again, they're the best IMO.

(07-01-2013, 06:05 PM)djohn Wrote: The whole labeling of a card as "RC" by Beckett is a joke, even more so in baseball. Sure the Upper Deck cards show the players in college uniforms, but Prestige used to do that (as did other sets) and yet they are considered Rookie Cards. The big difference is that Upper Deck doesn't have a license with the NFL, but they do have a NCAA license. Until Upper Deck starts putting underclassman that aren't even draft eligible in their sets, the cards will still be considered rookie cards to me. Heck, even if they did do that I would consider the underclassman cards to be XRCs and that years rookie crop to be RCs.
This is an excellent synopsis. This is exactly how I feel as well.
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

(07-01-2013, 08:27 PM)hurdygurdyman Wrote: This is an excellent synopsis. This is exactly how I feel as well.
I agree as I think do most collectors out there, even without an NFL license I do and always will consider them a rookie no matter what the beckett says. No offense to beckett at all but who made them the be all and end all on whats considered a "RC" card. Book Values are a joke also, again I love Beckett but some of the book values are unrealistic. When I go to big shows in Chicago dealers what to know what cards sell for on ebay not what they book at. "Book Values" have become irrelevant.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(07-01-2013, 08:43 PM)s1020 Wrote: I agree as I think do most collectors out there, even without an NFL license I do and always will consider them a rookie no matter what the beckett says. No offense to beckett at all but who made them the be all and end all on whats considered a "RC" card. Book Values are a joke also, again I love Beckett but some of the book values are unrealistic. When I go to big shows in Chicago dealers what to know what cards sell for on ebay not what they book at. "Book Values" have become irrelevant.
RC started waaay before Beckett came around... Something for the younger collectors out there that are unaware of it all. It has always been that way. Beckett didn't do it. They just followed the guidelines of what everyone considered as the RC.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library