Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
is this really a 4 page speculation? lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(07-03-2013, 12:24 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: is this really a 4 page speculation? lol
It became a 5-pager when you posted, J-French. LOL

Anyone know how to do a poll?
Get your popcorn ready!

I think people are taking is WAYYYY to seriously. And maybe I dont take it seriously enough for some - but i could give a rats bottom about what beckett, or anyone else considers a true RC. Lets just agree that there is a difference between a true RC (Panini and Topps only) and a rookie year card (UD, Press Pass, SAGE, Leaf - or anyone else)
If opinions are welcome, then mine is that I collect NY Giants players cards. Yes, I prefer them in their Giants uni, but i'll collect any UD, Press pass etc of any player drafted by the NY Giants.

On a side note - I have cards from 3 different years of Jay Bruce (reds) that have a RC or rookie designation - all from Topps. Should topps sue itself for false advertising?
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

They can call em rookies, but I don't consider them that. I go with Beckett and if its not a true rookie, I don't call it that.

(07-03-2013, 01:30 PM)bselje Wrote: Anyone know how to do a poll?
Get your popcorn ready!

I think people are taking is WAYYYY to seriously. And maybe I dont take it seriously enough for some - but i could give a rats bottom about what beckett, or anyone else considers a true RC. Lets just agree that there is a difference between a true RC (Panini and Topps only) and a rookie year card (UD, Press Pass, SAGE, Leaf - or anyone else)
If opinions are welcome, then mine is that I collect NY Giants players cards. Yes, I prefer them in their Giants uni, but i'll collect any UD, Press pass etc of any player drafted by the NY Giants.

On a side note - I have cards from 3 different years of Jay Bruce (reds) that have a RC or rookie designation - all from Topps. Should topps sue itself for false advertising?
Man a poll would be awesome on this topic!! Is there a way to put one on here?
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(07-03-2013, 01:30 PM)bselje Wrote: Anyone know how to do a poll?
Get your popcorn ready!

Lets just agree that there is a difference between a true RC (Panini and Topps only) and a rookie year card (UD, Press Pass, SAGE, Leaf - or anyone else)

I dont agree. A first year card is a rookie for me, as long as its a major brand. Someone cant print out a card from their computer and act like Id consider it a rookie. A first year card from a major brand is a rookie.

As for myself, I collect rookies (first year cards) of players in PSU uniform (not pro).
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

i haven't read through everyone's comments, but i believe that each professional league sort of has their own rookie card logo (or is that just baseball)...so as long as they don't use that logo then it would fall upon what each "collector" wants to believe is going to be considered their version of rookie.

(07-03-2013, 05:42 AM)mkufta Wrote: Absolutely.

"Do you remember Tom Brady at Michigan?" - Was down 10 heading into the 4th quarter against top 10 Penn State after just throwing a pick 6 and led Michigan to a comeback win against one of the better defenses he faced in his career.

" Arian Foster? Undrafted..." Yup. Tennessee was driving to put the nail in the coffin in the 2006 Outback Bowl and Arian took a handoff off the right side, took a hit, fumbled and it was returned for a touchdown.

"If I say, Matt Forte," - 2,000 yard rusher for the Tulane Green Wave. If I remember correctly, he went for about 350 on either Houston or SMU.

"How about Dan Marino?" - Ranked #1 and had a 14 point lead on Penn State, only to see Penn State rattle off 41 unanswered points. That's what I think of Dan Marino when I see his name.

"Many don't even know where Peyton Manning went to college" - Now you're just being facetious. I remember him lighting up Kentucky for more than 500 yards passing. If I had to guess that record still stands as they haven't really had anybody since Tee Martin.

RGIII and Andrew Luck will be a Baylor Bear and a Stanford Cardinal for life, like it or not.

Your argument holds no water. Its an opinion and nothing more.

"To me" are the key words here. Nobody else really cares what a rookie is to you. I, like many others, consider first year cards of a player their rookie card, whether they are in a college uniform, spandex bike shorts, combine gear, NFL helmet and practice jersey with no pads and shorts on, NFL helmet with practice jersey WITH pads, NFL jersey with no helmet and no pads like Topps Rookie Premier, NFL game uniforms and any other combination you can come up with.

I would MUCH rather this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-UPPER-DECK-...3fabcca68p

than this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Panini-Thre...460371f486
That's not even the same player........ YOUR reference JUST GOT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DILUTED. I mean watered down to Gatorade mixed with fruit punch with a hint of Sprite diluted.................................
All the players that you watched in college... Will they make it into the HOF as college players or NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL players...??? EXACTLY.
It's cool for the college collectors but for the NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL collectors................ High end college stuff is crap................. And will be crap. Now....... When and if RGIII and Andrew Luck wins a Super Bowl.................... Will you relish upon the college careers or celebrate on their Super Bowl victories? I already know the answer.
Again... UD is twisting the public... Get it right. THERE ARE NOW ROOKIES IN COLLEGE.
oh BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC There IS no college football. ONLY SEC. TRUTH
But forreal! How many younger collectors even know where Peyton wed ent to college??? They know he played for the Colts and is now playing for the Broncos... But they don't even know...
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I think its up to the Collector. College Collectors (and Sellers) will consider UD "Rookies" and Nfl Collector's will not. Unfortunately that will not change the over inflated prices of these cards. Personally I just try to collect every card of the player I collect. What's funny about this is that the most of folks that consider UD rookies do not consider Press Pass or Sage Rookies. As for the design thing. Well rehashing prior designs is not really doing something new.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I totally agree with Jher ..... no matter how you can try to paint it ..... UD does not make RC's ..... they produce a "high end" college product only ..... it doesn't matter what they try to tell you ..... no NFL license ..... no NFL RC's simple as that Wink