Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12
Exclamation 
No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12
So from reading Panini's "The Knight's Lance" blog you will see in the comment section by Tracy Hackler that he admitted Panini will not be producing any base rookie cards this year...AT ALL. Only dual rookie redemption class, so yeah no true rookie cards this year. Guess we will all have to wait for the 2011 draft classes rookie cards out of the base product of 2012-13.

This is a shame, last time this really happened was 1983-85 with the Star Company's regional distribution of team sets.

This is definitely a Panini FAIL!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012/.../#comments

wikipediablackout permalink
March 13, 2012 7:30 pm
Any basketball products coming out this year with base rookie cards that doesnt require redemption and is affordable?

"Reply"

Tracy Hackler permalink*
March 13, 2012 9:05 pm
At this point, no. We will produce Rookie Cards this season as part of the dual rookie redemption class.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

RE: No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12
This is absolutely horrible for the basketball card industry. Rookies are what drive the market and make most people bust packs, to find the hot rookies. I can't believe they wouldnt do some base cards with photos from the draft or something. What are you thinking Panini?

2011-12 NBA Cards ==== Epic Fail
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

EPIC FAILURE...

wish we could all boycott Panini 2011-12 products... NO ROOKIES = NO BUSINESS!!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

basketball cards went from junk to worthless for this year.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Smile 
(03-15-2012, 12:24 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: basketball cards went from junk to worthless for this year.
sobs
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I agree completly. The only reason I would have bought any product this year is for Klay Thompson RC cards (WSU Cougar Fan). Since there are no rookies in any of the products, there is really no need in me purchasing anything.

Question though. What is the Dual Rookie Redemption Class? I am assuming a dual auto only obtained through redemption? So these cards will not even be able to be pulled from packs and only redemptions?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

i think the fact topps wants nothing to do with basketball anymore shows you how awful card sales are. I have 2 lcs and neither one of them have carried basketball since 06-07 and i live in northeast ohio where lebron fans WERE all over the area back then. Panini just plain sucks all together.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.

(03-15-2012, 12:38 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: i think the fact topps wants nothing to do with basketball anymore shows you how awful card sales are. I have 2 lcs and neither one of them have carried basketball since 06-07 and i live in northeast ohio where lebron fans WERE all over the area back then. Panini just plain sucks all together.
i kinda agree that topps wants nothing to do with basketball. if upper deck is out of business and panini is still around trying to gain every license of the four major sports, i believe that topps will just focus on baseball and baseball alone. in my mind, topps must not give up in sports cards and must continue the legacy that they started for us in the united states. we can not just let a foreign company come here and make us eat garbage products (not all but their are some garbage products that are considered by so many collectors). i miss topps and i am praying that they will come back, even if they take 10 years.

(03-15-2012, 12:45 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: i kinda agree that topps wants nothing to do with basketball. if upper deck is out of business and panini is still around trying to gain every license of the four major sports, i believe that topps will just focus on baseball and baseball alone. in my mind, topps must not give up in sports cards and must continue the legacy that they started for us in the united states. we can not just let a foreign company come here and make us eat garbage products (not all but their are some garbage products that are considered by so many collectors). i miss topps and i am praying that they will come back, even if they take 10 years.
i agree about their being alot of garbage out there. topps will be around forever, remember they quit basketball from the early 80s till shaqs rc year i think.....they came out with that topps archives that had all the missing rookies in it from the years they didnt make cards. great idea, cards are worth very little but i love the jordan with 84 topps baseball design.

(03-15-2012, 12:56 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: i agree about their being alot of garbage out there. topps will be around forever, remember they quit basketball from the early 80s till shaqs rc year i think.....they came out with that topps archives that had all the missing rookies in it from the years they didnt make cards. great idea, cards are worth very little but i love the jordan with 84 topps baseball design.
i'm glad that we agree about something. yeah, the topps archives is a great idea of the topps company.