`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12

RE: No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12
Anyone buying boxes with intentions of reselling just got a kick in the junk. Rookies are usually the best hope in each box to flip for money or other cards. No rookies will drastically reduce the worth of the box contents.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.
Smile 
(03-15-2012, 08:32 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Anyone buying boxes with intentions of reselling just got a kick in the junk. Rookies are usually the best hope in each box to flip for money or other cards. No rookies will drastically reduce the worth of the box contents.
I am not buying but I don't think that they would be getting a kick in the junk. Wise sellers tend to manipulate buyers into spending more with the pretty listings they put up. True collectors are the one who will ultimately suffer from this.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Do you think people will look at the RCs in SP Authentic then as the only true RCs even though they are in college unis?
[Image: arod.gif]
Smile 
(03-15-2012, 09:36 AM)arod1973 Wrote: Do you think people will look at the RCs in SP Authentic then as the only true RCs even though they are in college unis?
People will look at them as the first cards but not as the True Rookie Cards. People will also spend money on them because they want something that Panini can't offer right now. Honestly, I thought that the dual rookie redemption will be true rookie cards and will be put out (when redeemed) this season (2011-12) or this year (2012).

More redemptions. Since panini does such a great job getting players to sign and getting the cards to the consumer in a timely fashion it totally makes sense. Oh wait, they don't. Sad
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg
Smile 
(03-15-2012, 10:13 AM)evanturner12 Wrote: More redemptions. Since panini does such a great job getting players to sign and getting the cards to the consumer in a timely fashion it totally makes sense. Oh wait, they don't. Sad
This is true, about 99.99%!

So so sad. I don't know how they can justify this move. I hope we can get more exclusives in basketball, because I have yet to buy a box of anything from Panini. All of my stuff is off the secondary market. This doesn't make me angry, it just saddens me to see what value is placed on the sport I love. Football doesn't have this problem. IJS
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

This fact (no base rookies) was known from the beginning of the season. There will be rookie redemptions for both 2011-12 and 2012-13 rookies in the last product or two for this year (certified and gold standard I believe) - this has been known for a while now.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Thanks Taffster. Smile

(03-15-2012, 05:44 PM)taffster74 Wrote: This fact (no base rookies) was known from the beginning of the season. There will be rookie redemptions for both 2011-12 and 2012-13 rookies in the last product or two for this year (certified and gold standard I believe) - this has been known for a while now.
(03-15-2012, 09:47 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: People will look at them as the first cards but not as the True Rookie Cards. People will also spend money on them because they want something that Panini can't offer right now. Honestly, I thought that the dual rookie redemption will be true rookie cards and will be put out (when redeemed) this season (2011-12) or this year (2012).

(03-15-2012, 05:44 PM)taffster74 Wrote: This fact (no base rookies) was known from the beginning of the season. There will be rookie redemptions for both 2011-12 and 2012-13 rookies in the last product or two for this year (certified and gold standard I believe) - this has been known for a while now.
Thanks for the info. I don't follow Panini that much to know, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]