`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12

RE: No Rookie Cards AT ALL for 2011-12
Sounds like the Rookie Redemption Class will be similar to the way Topps does with the Red Hot Rookies it produces each year..

Just want to throw this out there, the last time we had TRUE base rookie cards with one year of NBA statistics of rookies from the previous draft was 1989. Chew on that for a minute, yup over 30 freaking years ago. Have we been polluted that much by game used jerseys and autographs?

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(03-15-2012, 07:16 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Sounds like the Rookie Redemption Class will be similar to the way Topps does with the Red Hot Rookies it produces each year..
Smile

(03-15-2012, 07:40 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Just want to throw this out there, the last time we had TRUE base rookie cards with one year of NBA statistics of rookies from the previous draft was 1989. Chew on that for a minute, yup over 30 freaking years ago. Have we been polluted that much by game used jerseys and autographs?
Yes, we are.

I love how the hobby evolves. I know there might be some things that will wreck this ship we call hobby but, it is what it is and I accept the changes that I like and move on from the changes I dislike.

I like how we have autographs and memorabilia pieces in sequentially numbered true rookie cards. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

i think fleer retro 11-12 is coming with rookies.

collecting lebron james kevin durant and micheal jodan
Smile 
(03-16-2012, 09:35 AM)rookiecards90s Wrote: i think fleer retro 11-12 is coming with rookies.
fleer retro is ud's product and they do not have nba license thus the cards will not feature any players in the their nba teams.

Yup, any rookies created this year that are available via redemption will be conisidered Extended Rookie Cards (XRC) since they will not be available through normal means, and that is according to Beckett's own language of what a rookie card is, even if they are sequentially numbered with the base set these redemptions come out of.

I still want to echo the comments of what other people have already stated in this thread. Say I want to buy one of these 2011-12 products 5 years from now in hopes of pulling a Kyrie Irving rookie card? I cant, even the redemption card will be expired at that point because we all know those redemption cards wont be valid forever.

I just really hope someone from Panini is reading this and realizes how stupid of an idea it was to not create any base rookie cards, and NOT EVEN A SEASON UPDATE SET! Panini fix your mistakes!!

Thumbs Up 
(03-16-2012, 10:34 AM)jchavestx Wrote: I still want to echo the comments of what other people have already stated in this thread. Say I want to buy one of these 2011-12 products 5 years from now in hopes of pulling a Kyrie Irving rookie card? I cant, even the redemption card will be expired at that point because we all know those redemption cards wont be valid forever.
+1
This is keeping me on the deeper side of thinking.

So Panini has an awful lot of time on their hands to airbrush football cards of Peyton Manning in a Broncos uniform (doesnt even play for them, maybe never will) and can't seem to figure out how to get Kyrie Irving in a Cavs uniform or Brandon Knight in a Pistons uniform? This just shows you how much Panini really cares about the NFL and not the NBA.

[Image: manningbroncos.jpg?w=600]

"Brandon Knight in a Pistons uniform."

Bringing up a Pistons NBA player will surely lure Jason in this thread.

(03-16-2012, 12:35 PM)jchavestx Wrote: So Panini has an awful lot of time on their hands to airbrush football cards of Peyton Manning in a Broncos uniform (doesnt even play for them, maybe never will) and can't seem to figure out how to get Kyrie Irving in a Cavs uniform or Brandon Knight in a Pistons uniform? This just shows you how much Panini really cares about the NFL and not the NBA.

[Image: manningbroncos.jpg?w=600]
+1
It makes absolutely no sense. Football season is over. They should focus on the sports that are currently in season.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]