`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is there a team in Tampa??

RE: Why is there a team in Tampa??
Umm, there's this thing called math. A century is 100 years. Who has more hardware in the past 100 years? Tongue

Or just add 14 years to 86. Or '86.

And yes, when it comes to Yankees fans there's a bit of arrogance with all the hardware...

Youz guys are arrogant without it... gezz, let's hope neither the Phils or Sawx ever build a real dynasty. The planet would not endure.

Seriously though, mine are somewhat friendly pokes. Shoot, my wife is a ************************ Sawx fan. Originally from Lowell. I told her to quit telling people that after we watched The Fighter though.

All jokes aside, I hope it never gets as bad as soccer holligans... just look out west, that was some sick tihs this spring... let's hope that garbage is not a sign of things to come.

(09-29-2011, 08:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and when the yankees have as many championships in the century as the red sox, you can talk smack (and after this year, the phillies too, cause i think we can acknowledge that pitching staff looks pretty dominant)

and id take a philly fan over a yankee fan every time. sure, philly fans are foul-mouthed, abrasive, rude,boisterous...but they dont have that slimy arrogance of yankee fans

lord, THIS century. 21st century. this millennium. both of which started in 2001. recent history.

(09-30-2011, 06:51 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: Umm, there's this thing called math. A century is 100 years. Who has more hardware in the past 100 years? Tongue

Or just add 14 years to 86. Or '86.

And yes, when it comes to Yankees fans there's a bit of arrogance with all the hardware...

Youz guys are arrogant without it... gezz, let's hope neither the Phils or Sawx ever build a real dynasty. The planet would not endure.

Seriously though, mine are somewhat friendly pokes. Shoot, my wife is a ************************ Sawx fan. Originally from Lowell. I told her to quit telling people that after we watched The Fighter though.

All jokes aside, I hope it never gets as bad as soccer holligans... just look out west, that was some sick tihs this spring... let's hope that garbage is not a sign of things to come.

Oh, you've got a time machine?
Maybe you should have used decade?
I know, I know, Sawx history began in 2004.

You know, the Yankees have made the post season 16 out of the last 17 years?
Anyway, enjoy the game tonight.

and thus, why people hate yankee fans

(09-30-2011, 07:00 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: lord, THIS century. 21st century. this millennium. both of which started in 2001. recent history.
again with that ASININE argument? really? Thought you would've dropped it when you got owned harping on that last year at this time.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

eh, it's ok. I'll worry when the Yanks go 86 years between rings. I guess he knows though, with his time machine and all. I've got a pretty good feeling that at the end of THIS century, the Yankees will still have the most rings. Smile

(09-29-2011, 08:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and id take a philly fan over a yankee fan every time. sure, philly fans are foul-mouthed, abrasive, rude,boisterous...but they dont have that slimy arrogance of yankee fans
I am not rude or boisterous. Foul mouthed and abrasive yes Smile, but not rude or boisterous. I root for two teams, the Phillies and Yankees and will honestly say I can't stand either fan base for the most part. Yankees, Phillies, and Red Sox fans are the most arrogant and vulgar fans in baseball IMO. With the exception of the accents and team apparel you really can't tell the difference. Yankees fans have always been a smug bunch, but since the Red Sox and Phillies have started winning the arrogance of the fans is off the charts.

This whole thread makes me even prouder to be a Cardinals fan! Big Grin

(10-01-2011, 02:49 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: This whole thread makes me even prouder to be a Cardinals fan! Big Grin
Yep Smile

You know a city that really surprises me with attendance is Cincinnati. If they aren't in first or close to it, it looks as if the stadium is so empty that you could hear a cricket fart. Maybe there are some underlying issues that I don't know about but it's sad for such a history rich franchise.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I always get a kick out of a member of one team's fan base going at it with a member of another team's fan base. You'd think they were defending their little sister from a bully or something. The only difference is, the little sister appreciates it while the team could care less if you existed.

And please, bragging about championships? Really? Unless you were on the roster you had nothing to do with it. That's like me heading over to England and bragging that we won the revolution.

(10-01-2011, 03:21 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Yep Smile

You know a city that really surprises me with attendance is Cincinnati. If they aren't in first or close to it, it looks as if the stadium is so empty that you could hear a cricket fart. Maybe there are some underlying issues that I don't know about but it's sad for such a history rich franchise.
Really? I am kind of surprised to hear this. I wonder what's up there.