`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is there a team in Tampa??

RE: Why is there a team in Tampa??
A thread about the Rays turned into a Yankees-Red Sox argument? Jeez...and when you say the 21st century started in 2001, that is true (because there was no year 0) but I still refer to the 21st century starting in 2000 because it's just easier to use. And technically, the 21st century would have been more than 4 billion years ago (21st century of Earth, at least)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(10-01-2011, 06:44 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: A thread about the Rays turned into a Yankees-Red Sox argument?
Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised.

(10-01-2011, 06:49 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised.
Same here.

(10-01-2011, 06:37 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I am not rude or boisterous. Foul mouthed and abrasive yes Smile, but not rude or boisterous. I root for two teams, the Phillies and Yankees and will honestly say I can't stand either fan base for the most part. Yankees, Phillies, and Red Sox fans are the most arrogant and vulgar fans in baseball IMO. With the exception of the accents and team apparel you really can't tell the difference. Yankees fans have always been a smug bunch, but since the Red Sox and Phillies have started winning the arrogance of the fans is off the charts.
It was meant as playful banter (What I said originally). Geez.

Now, I might be mistaken, but one thing I haven't seen a lot from Yankees fans is booing HOF players and future HOF players... not nearly as much as Boston and Philly.

Roy would get a standing O from me anytime...

I'd also say that Baylor, Boggs, Teddy, Yaz and Tony C. would be on my all time favorites list.

Anyway, to you I say I meant no harm....

and a better question, Why is there a hockey team in Nashville?

(10-01-2011, 08:42 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: and a better question, Why is there a hockey team in Nashville?
Same reason there's one in NC, GA, FL, AZ. Wink

In true terms the 21st century started w/ year 2000, 2000 was not part of the 20th century

they run 1900-1999, 2000-2999, etc.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(10-01-2011, 08:42 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: It was meant as playful banter (What I said originally). Geez.

Now, I might be mistaken, but one thing I haven't seen a lot from Yankees fans is booing HOF players and future HOF players... not nearly as much as Boston and Philly.

Roy would get a standing O from me anytime...

I'd also say that Baylor, Boggs, Teddy, Yaz and Tony C. would be on my all time favorites list.

Anyway, to you I say I meant no harm....

and a better question, Why is there a hockey team in Nashville?
I never took it personally. That's why I had the smilie in my reply. A good back and forth is usually fun unless someone gets personal. Truth be told there will always be a couple of knuckleheads that make every fan base look bad. This thread was supposed to be about the Rays and their lack of fan support, but while we are at it didn't alot of Yankees fans damn near crucify Jeter last offseason for contract he was looking for?

(10-01-2011, 09:42 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: In true terms the 21st century started w/ year 2000, 2000 was not part of the 20th century

they run 1900-1999, 2000-2999, etc.
buzz. wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

This century began on January 1, 2001 and will end on December 31, 2100

It has long been touted that, since there was no year zero, the new millennium commenced on Jan. 1, 2001. Under that rationale, the Yankees 2000 championship would not be considered part of this decade. In actuality, anyone with even a granule of sensibility understands that when the calendar flipped over to 2000, the 1990s concluded. Therefore, the New York Yankees captured two championships in this decade and they were baseball’s elite franchise once more.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28494...his-decade

But there could be a less tangible honor that goes to the winner of this World Series. Could it be that the "Team of the Decade" is about to emerge? The decade we refer to, which has seemingly gone by in a blur, is 2000-09.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...Id=rss_nyy
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

no one said "decade" century, millennium, both mentioned, and still holds true, no matter the obfuscation otherwise