`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A ridiculous Mahomes collection

RE: A ridiculous Mahomes collection
(01-26-2021, 06:54 PM)pootshwan Wrote: Think this gets a buyer if they win back2back superbowls?
Nope, too much money for cards not considered 1st tier. The folks over on the Blowout Forums I think analyzed it correctly.

jplarson Wrote:Nope, too much money for cards not considered 1st tier.  The folks over on the Blowout Forums I think analyzed it correctly.
Yea, definitely could use some higher end. But it's better than I have so it's still amazing to me lol

rjcj2017 Wrote:That would require the person reading the description (gasp), or at least looking at the picture.

But nah, they see the "gem mint" grade and buy without blinking.

Then, they get the card, see the chip, file a claim with Doosh Bay, and apparently can now keep the card and get a full refund.

Or, I just keep the card and eliminate the previous three sentences.

Though it must be said ... you are one of the good eggs, my friend!
Haha, thanks. Yeah, I could see where that would be a problem. Luckily I have only had one bad experience selling on ebay, and I was able to deal with it pretty easily. Also luckily, it was only a few dollar item. Fingers crossed lol. I barely sell anything on there though. It's all the new stuff that makes money, and my stuff is older, and not Mahomes :p

savagenate Wrote:Haha, thanks. Yeah, I could see where that would be a problem. Luckily I have only had one bad experience selling on ebay, and I was able to deal with it pretty easily. Also luckily, it was only a few dollar item. Fingers crossed lol. I barely sell anything on there though. It's all the new stuff that makes money, and my stuff is older, and not Mahomes :p
I hear you. Another reason I’m not selling anymore is because I have to keep everything so I have stuff to trade for newer cards, because Lord knows I can’t find them in retail anymore.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I hear you. Another reason I’m not selling anymore is because I have to keep everything so I have stuff to trade for newer cards, because Lord knows I can’t find them in retail anymore.
This is true!

savagenate Wrote:This is true!
So today I was able to sneak out to the local Target on "card lady is now only stocking on Thursday afternoons day" ... got there at about 1:15 Pacific and everything was already cleared out.

I know this because there was no product and no line.

I mean ... ?

What am I supposed to do with that?

Literally have not seen any new sports products in five weeks now.

rjcj2017 Wrote:So today I was able to sneak out to the local Target on "card lady is now only stocking on Thursday afternoons day" ... got there at about 1:15 Pacific and everything was already cleared out.

I know this because there was no product and no line.

I mean ... ?

What am I supposed to do with that?

Literally have not seen any new sports products in five weeks now.
I don't even look even more - I barely go into Targets any more unless I need to get something from there.  and I don't go to Wal-Mart at all.  Why bother frustrating myself and risking exposure to the virus when there isn't going to be anything there anyway>

ZSDOne Wrote:I don't even look even more - I barely go into Targets any more unless I need to get something from there.  and I don't go to Wal-Mart at all.  Why bother frustrating myself and risking exposure to the virus when there isn't going to be anything there anyway>
Yeah, I gotta be honest, after today I am finally like WTF ... if I go at 1:15 on the exact afternoon that she stocks cards every week and it's already gone, what am I supposed to do?

Well, I'll just continue to pick up cheap singles, I guess.

I figure the seven cards I actually want out of Hoops - Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, Haliburton and the three Pistons rookies - will probably run me $40 or so with shipping, and probably less if I can find them all with one seller.

That's less than the cost of two blasters, and I won't have a huge stack of cards left over that I won't have room for.

Even better? Padooshi (fka Panini) doesn't get any of my money!

rjcj2017 Wrote:I hear you. Another reason I’m not selling anymore is because I have to keep everything so I have stuff to trade for newer cards, because Lord knows I can’t find them in retail anymore.
This is the worst thing about all these new "investors" coming into the hobby. At any point I could walk into any target or walmart and get some card to open. Now....nothing.

pootshwan Wrote:This is the worst thing about all these new "investors" coming into the hobby. At any point I could walk into any target or walmart and get some card to open. Now....nothing.
Yep, worst thing I've ever seen in the hobby and I've been at it going on 35 years.