`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this urk anyone else?

RE: Does this urk anyone else?
It's a little bit odd but Baseball caught popularity in France with the McGwire/Sosa duel. I remember all those HR (which was quite impressive for a non-initiated guy) from those 2 guys.

When I grew up into baseball in the late 2000's I primary searched those two guys who thrilled my first baseball moments. What a deception when I heard about the PED issue.

I still remember clearly McGwire receiving a '63 vette for his 63th HR of the season.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

What irks me is seeing people spell "irk" "urk".
Smile
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Did it bother you just the same when base/insert/parallel cards of known PED users were put into packs? Only difference is there is an auto now, one that you're far less likely to pull than one of a base/insert/parallel card.

For me personally I don't mind it being in the product. I don't collect them so I wont go after it, but I know people do collect both of those guys and I could move them pretty easily.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Doesn't bother me. Its their body, if they want to lose their hair and grow man breasts to hit a billion home runs then so be it. Money and Fame doesn't come without consequence.
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

(02-20-2014, 11:43 AM)peytonvols18 Wrote: Doesn't bother me. Its their body, if they want to lose their hair and grow man breasts to hit a billion home runs then so be it. Money and Fame doesn't come without consequence.
IF played the honorable way, there's probably little to no consequence.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-20-2014, 12:03 AM)petillo64 Wrote: I'd be thrilled with either, especially mcgwire. Beats the hell out of a scott diamond or yasmani grandal auto.

I have no problem with any of the 90's PED users. Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense knew what was going on. McGwire had androstenedione on top of his locker for everyone and their mother to see for god's sake. Baseball sure as hell wasn't complaining when these guys were resurrecting the sport post-strike, and now they want to villainize them? Ridiculous.

I'd rather have either of those guys than Braun or Cruz as well for that matter...
I had the Bash Brothers poster on my wall and saw Rickey park a leadoff HR on Father's Day at the Coliseum with my dad and brother.

I agree with the guy a couple of posts ago ... it's just toothpaste you can't put back in the tube, and it doesn't change the good memories.

Plus, I agree 100 percent ... would much rather pull autos of guys I grew up cheering for than some of the spares they water their products down with nowadays.

Myself, I only really collect cards produced when a player played. (year after retirement is ok as prior year stats are on there). My main collection are the Phillies and it doesn't matter what you did or who you were, I want it.....I collect the uniform!

I'm also a rippen addict so it really doesn't matter who or what I pull....look at it this way, if you do pull a card you don't like, you can always sell/trade it. There is bound to be someone who will appreciate it for whatever reason so make someone happy.....sorry, but can't justify any effort rehashing the whole PED hokey pokey.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'll take a Canseco or McGwire auto any day. Hopefully you guys don't want one so there is no competition when I buy them.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I would be super excited if I pulled a McGwire/Canseco dual auto, let alone an auto of either player. If you think they won't sell very well, then you might want to go check what certified autos of McGwire sell for. Canseco's certified autos have taken a bigger hit, especially with all the Leaf autos he put out recently. However a dual auto of these 2 would bring triple figures (unless Topps puts out 1,000s of the duals, which I really don't see them doing).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/