`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this urk anyone else?

RE: Does this urk anyone else?
(02-22-2014, 02:28 PM)kstjst Wrote: I am still a fan of mcgwire. although most won't approve of the peds and the "no comments" made to congress, it was still a glorious time in baseball. there are still those who enjoyed it.

as for canseco, he's probably the biggest culprit. he was the one that was probably the biggest abuser of peds and the one who probably pulled a lot of big names into using. he may not have forced it upon them, but in a sense, he was probably the supplier. so i would burn it if i ever pulled his auto.
It seems like you're playing both sides in the same breath.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Canseco is no different than ryan scrawny, bonds, sosa, aroids, Ramirez. they do it expecting idiots to spend money on their product, personally boycott that crap.
MY PC IS CARDS TOP OF THE LINE CORNERS & EDGES FIRST. SECONDLY CENTERING-SURFACE FOLLOW. EVEN FOR PSA'S 7-8 ARE VIRTUALLY PERFECT CORNERS & EDGES UNDER 40X-100X MAGNIFICATION. MY MOTTO "COLLECT THE CARD, NOT THE SLAB."
http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/RHINOCOCKSAURUS/library/?sort=6&page=1

(02-23-2014, 04:35 AM)-MEAT- Wrote: Canseco is no different than ryan scrawny, bonds, sosa, aroids, Ramirez. they do it expecting idiots to spend money on their product, personally boycott that crap.
+5000

They're not gods. They never proclaimed to be gods. They're baseball players. Good players. Bad players. Tall players. Short players. Fast players. Slow players. White players. Dark players. Clean players. Dirty players. Gay players. Straight players. Cheating players. Tattooed players. Argumentative players. Quiet players. Married players. Single players. All baseball players. Baseball players are pictured on baseball cards. I collect baseball cards.

I'd love to have a Canseco and a McGwire auto in my baseball card collection.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-23-2014, 08:53 AM)zeprock Wrote: They're not gods. They never proclaimed to be gods. They're baseball players. Good players. Bad players. Tall players. Short players. Fast players. Slow players. White players. Dark players. Clean players. Dirty players. Gay players. Straight players. Cheating players. Tattooed players. Argumentative players. Quiet players. Married players. Single players. All baseball players. Baseball players are pictured on baseball cards. I collect baseball cards.

I'd love to have a Canseco and a McGwire auto in my baseball card collection.
Whoa Zep, your comments are both surprising and saddening to me. I thought you were different. I guess not.

Guess I'm not different either. No problem with McGwire or Canseco. Neither are my favorite player but wouldn't mind having an auto of either one. I don't know everyone who used, what they used or how much, and neither does anyone else.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(02-23-2014, 09:38 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Whoa Zep, your comments are both surprising and saddening to me. I thought you were different. I guess not.
Why? What's surprising about a baseball collector collecting baseball cards? Different from what?

Do you take a sharpie and cross out Satan's name each time it's mentioned in the Bible? It's all part of an unchangeable history, the good, the bad and the ugly. I can't pretend that part of history didn't happen and yes, I want that part of history represented in my collection even though it's a black eye on the sport I love.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

If you want a collection of completely honest and moral players, you won't have much. Regardless which sport you collect.

You don't have to buy the product.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Welcome j72. I've only ever collected one player.

It's Topps. What's surprising about this? They are running out of ideas. When you release thousands and thousands of cards under different names, colors, variations, etc., you need to get some juicers in there to fill-in the gaps of interest.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.