`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
So..........what kind of colors does anyone want to see? I'm thinking about making a couple of the 14 card cases in different colors just to showcase. I know someone mentioned lighter colors so I'm thinking of a Honey Pecan or Golden Oak color........any other suggestions?

Also.....any wood preferences? I've been using poplar which has a really understated grain. For about $.50 more a board, I can move to Aspen, and about $2.50 more a board (in 8' lengths at least) I can move up to Oak or Maple.

Even tho I like the lighter stain, I bet a solid black one would look pretty good. Maybe a barn wood one too? Something that would also set yours apart from the others.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Solid black with a different colored backing (red or blue maybe.......). I think black on black would be too dark. Not sure I'm going to pursue the reclaimed wood idea. Not a fan of the rough stuff.

I have been toying with the idea of LED Light strips under each shelf to light the row below it. Would be significantly more expensive, but self contained lighting? Cool.

You could do made to order in specific team colors.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(12-23-2013, 10:31 PM)y2hood Wrote: You could do made to order in specific team colors.
Greg, That's a great idea!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(12-23-2013, 10:31 PM)y2hood Wrote: You could do made to order in specific team colors.
First off, let me say that I have really enjoyed following your progression, and congratulations.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could offer customization, or "will build to suit," options. Have base models with set pricing, and the customizable units with each option adding to the base price. Give choice of wood, staining options or paint (for team colors?), led lighting, &c. (you get the picture). Good luck, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

That's kind of the direction I've already leaned. I'm already offering stain color choices at no additional costs, build to suit in terms of size for the most part, and really the same with the wood given the minimal increase in price per frame. The problem I see with the team colors is availability of the backing cloth in the correct colors. There's really not a lot of suede or velvet options in terms of color out there.

I'm still toying with the thought of internal lighting. Problem is going to be discreetly mounting a switch, hiding the wiring, holding a battery out of sight (there's not a lot of depth so even a AAA battery is going to be very hard to integrate in), etc.

Woo.....scratch LED lighting. It could be done, but at around $10/foot, it would be a MINIMUM of $20 for the smallest frame not including wiring and switch solutions, etc. On the largest frame I make, a strip for each row, you're talking an extra $160 not including the peripherals. That's just too costly IMO.

Not sure what to do at this point. Kind of want to make another one, but don't have any use for it. Going stir crazy though. Argh.

Been getting any bites?
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC