`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
(01-03-2014, 12:55 PM)fast93bird Wrote: Thanks! I'm always trying to make improvements so if anyone see's anything, let me know.
Just wanted to say I really liked reading the story behind these and all the positive comments that you are getting. I will be contacting you on etsay about your older display cases as I would enjoy having your prototypes. I really like the idea of team colors on new ones and maybe you could also put a personalized bronze name plate, team logo, team patch or something on them too. Keep up the great work and looking forward to being your 1st customer or one of them at least.

(01-07-2014, 03:08 PM)TheBigHurt1976 Wrote: Just wanted to say I really liked reading the story behind these and all the positive comments that you are getting. I will be contacting you on etsay about your older display cases as I would enjoy having your prototypes. I really like the idea of team colors on new ones and maybe you could also put a personalized bronze name plate, team logo, team patch or something on them too. Keep up the great work and looking forward to being your 1st customer or one of them at least.
Hey, thanks very much! Great idea on the engraved plates........that's something to definitely look into.

FYI I have the prototype cases listed on ebay, not Etsy. Etsy only has the production units. The two prototypes on ebay are the 28 card no glass and the 7 card with glass, both fairly cheap.

Ok, an idea was proposed to me (not saying who but they'll get a cut if interest is high), so I'm going to put the feeler out. Who would be interested in a smaller, around 8" square, inspection board? Would be black velvet on one side, white velvet on the other, outer frame so the cloth faces don't touch anything. Velvet fabric because it's tight, wont' stag corners or edges.

Thoughts?

These are great, I have one big wall case I bought on the bay for 30 graded cards that I put the RC for the top rushing leaders in. I'm thinking one of your smaller ones to house my Jim Brown cards would be great for above my desk. I just need to decide how many it should hold. he only has 10 real cards not counting the new stuff or in action...this is great...
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(01-08-2014, 03:07 PM)dmasci Wrote: These are great, I have one big wall case I bought on the bay for 30 graded cards that I put the RC for the top rushing leaders in. I'm thinking one of your smaller ones to house my Jim Brown cards would be great for above my desk. I just need to decide how many it should hold. he only has 10 real cards not counting the new stuff or in action...this is great...
If you just need one for 10 cards, I can easily make a two row case with 5 per row. Are they graded or anything?

*edit* NM on the graded question. I looked at your bucket. Nice collection!!

Got my case in today! Picture doesn't do it justice. Great workmanship and careful shipping! Looks superb!

[Image: Case_zps628fb249.jpg]
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

(01-08-2014, 09:51 PM)Texan1985 Wrote: Got my case in today! Picture doesn't do it justice. Great workmanship and careful shipping! Looks superb!

[Image: Case_zps628fb249.jpg]
Awesome, it showed a day early!!! Very very glad that you're happy with it, and thank you very much for the kind words!

Ok, so the idea that I mentioned above is started. The double sided inspection/staging board frame. What do you guys think?

Basic mock up obviously:

[Image: DSC_0098_zpsd14c35b0.jpg]

With card for sizing purposes:

[Image: DSC_0100_zpsc5ba4420.jpg]

Flip it over and it's the exact same on both sides except one side will be black velvet and one side will be white velvet to ensure no snagging of edges or corners. This gives a great combination of backgrounds for inspection of photographs for catching even the smallest details (I know scanners sure don't). I'm thinking I can dual hat market this as an inspection board and staging board for those who prefer to use pictures for their internet sales rather than a scanner. Cheap too........real cheap compared to a lot of my stuff.

*edit* Oh yeah, found out the fence on my miter saw is NOT true 90* on the vertical. Makes for interesting miter cuts. Figured it out though so things should get a lot tighter.

Any idea what the price will be on these smaller inspection pieces + shipping?
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

(01-08-2014, 04:33 PM)fast93bird Wrote: If you just need one for 10 cards, I can easily make a two row case with 5 per row. Are they graded or anything?

*edit* NM on the graded question. I looked at your bucket. Nice collection!!
Yes, I only collect graded cards so they are all BVG graded
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]