`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
Man I would throw what you have made up on ebay since you know you'll use them no matter what and judge the market on it. If they sell you can make yourself new ones and if they don't you didn't make some you wont use. Also throw them up on a couple forums.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-18-2013, 06:47 AM)branesergen Wrote: Man I would throw what you have made up on ebay since you know you'll use them no matter what and judge the market on it. If they sell you can make yourself new ones and if they don't you didn't make some you wont use. Also throw them up on a couple forums.
I second that!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I've got to be cautious throwing them on the forums, because I'll get flagged for advertising real quick. I know and understand this as I own/operate an automotive based forum with 3500 plus members.

(ebay and website info removed by mod)

Spreading the word is the hard part. I can't blantantly come out and say "Hey, I"m making and selling these, check it out!" on 90% of the forums out there. I have a website, facebook page, the ability to post about it here, but don't have advertising costs available to me that some of these forums want. And IF I make a sale on ebay, I can kiss 12% of that right off the top between feebay fees and paypal fees.

I'll just keep plugging away though, lol. Need a couple new router bits right now though, managed to severely dull the cheapies I bought. Bosch bits here I come!

Talk to the mods. I know Beckett sales/trades have to be thru the org so they are out of the question but places like Blowout and SCF I'm pretty sure you can advertise them in the Misc section on Blowout with no issues. I've bought wood burnings there and people sell games and DVD and such there.
Manning PC

SCF I've talked to, I could get absolutely minimal advertising for $50 a month which I'm considering. Blowout cards, I've been waiting over a week for my account to be approved by an admin. I'd be waiting the same with SCF but I managed to inadvertently log into an account from 2005 (which explained why my screen name I normally use was taken) so I got up and running on there.

Updates here for the two I'm working on. I'm VERY tempted to do another coat of stain to just darken it up some then do straight poly to keep the red brought out nicely.

[Image: DSC_9952_zps4aced5bc.jpg]

[Image: DSC_9951_zps73ee91c0.jpg]

[Image: DSC_9953_zps5bc7f981.jpg]

[Image: DSC_9954_zpse2598983.jpg]

I like it like it is. I don't think it needs to be any darker. I like a light stain.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(12-19-2013, 08:51 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I like it like it is. I don't think it needs to be any darker. I like a light stain.
I agree with this lol To me the lighter ones look better.
Manning PC

Duly noted. I did one more coat but it really didn't make a difference as I scuffed it with fine steel wool prior to application. Just brought out the grain more. Will be getting some poly today to brush on (been doing cloth application on these) to finish it out. Gloss or semi gloss.....gloss or semi gloss......lol.

Ok, totally digging the cloth application over a brush application. I'm VERY pleased with the results so far. Done with stain, moving to clear gloss poly tonight. So far these are as perfect of a finish as you can get IMO.

[Image: IMAG1348_zps1msfzyel.jpg]