`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
Ugh, this one is coming out TERRIBLE at the corners due to the damn miter box I'm using is actually starting to warp. I simply cannot get a straight cut and it's going to show. It's clamped but once it's out if I don't like it it's going into the fireplace. I shall be buying a proper miter saw very very soon hopefully.

Tell your wife that's what you want for Christmas lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Oh she knows, she knows. Question is if I'll hold off until Christmas to see if I get one or not. I could crank these out SO much faster if I had an actual saw.

Ok, it's out of the clamp and apparently holding strong. Pretty rough but I'm going to use some filler and smooth it out. Pics to come later, I've got a heater bypass tube replacement on a 02 Park Avenue to do first, side job that dropped in my lap this morning.

So this:

[Image: IMAG1311_zpsdccdb32d.jpg]

Turned into this:

[Image: 2a0c0fd5-4734-4b80-a412-31bec6a9a967_zps6ff42d23.jpg]

Took some wood filler, and will be sanded shortly (my side work on that car is done!). It'll be salvageable enough for my own purposes, but I wouldn't sell this one to anyone because it's not up to par. Future ones WILL be up to par, lol. More to come.

Ok, amazingly, it cleaned up pretty nice.

This is the worst corner by far. I filled, this is rough sanded, still probably going to hit with filler again then final sand.

[Image: IMAG1314_zpsbf97d656.jpg]

Overall view.

[Image: IMAG1316_zpsbfa0cd7b.jpg]

There's a small warp in the bottom piece, you can see the gap (though I think the desk is kind of warped too so it accentuates it), due to how I had it clamped overnight. The acrylic is going to slide in through a slot on the left side. Will be staining this starting later today. It's almost exactly the proper width for 7 slabs, there's about a 1/8" gap with them butted against each other. I'm pretty happy and considering this one a "save" after how poorly it was fitting yesterday.

First soak in coat. It's looking MUCH MUCH nicer now.

[Image: IMAG1317_zps5bd49297.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1318_zps39251e6f.jpg]

Ok, for those waiting, here's a teaser. I'm really liking this. I can actually design this one and integrate a row of LED lights along the top even (the idea came to me and I was like "A HA!").

[Image: IMAG1321_zps467b955b.jpg]

Dang I actually like that one the best lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-12-2013, 08:41 PM)branesergen Wrote: Dang I actually like that one the best lol
Funny enough, me too. I am going to finish this one then do a two row and separate out my Auto and Jersey cards into it, and leave the bigger case for my numbered stuff. Should give a good overall bases to show what I can do at the same time.

But I'm REALLY liking how this single row one is coming out.