Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Quitting smoking

RE: OT: Quitting smoking
4 weeks! How's everyone else doing?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-30-2012, 04:39 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: 4 weeks! How's everyone else doing?
Epic Fail pete !!!!!

was doing good , got to five days during a horrible week at work and by the end of the week i figured id have a few well deserved beers after working on the house for a few hours. After 3 beers i was outside puffing away lol..im getting back on the horse this week, and no more drinking for a few weeks

To all fails..
Do not worry..
I am Navy Retired!!/ I smoked in high school..so did everyone..smoked in college..cigs too..haha..'..but really..once in dental school, stopped, started again..more when living with smokers..Navy time.smoked.underway.smoked a lot..then stopped..then kids 1992.. smoked only when I was away..then started to make excuses...then stopped, then started again in Spain tour since EVERYONE smoked...then kids were old enough to know..STOPPED..cold turkey...Although I had stopped for 1 -2 years at a time, I always started again..now 15 years later//no cigs at all..gained weight after retirement, gym helps, love food and beer and DO NOT NEED CIGS!!!
1,2,3,4,5,6 failures is nothing..keep the faith and they will be a historical event too!!

Sorry for the long post, I was not going to reply, because no one really cares with my struggle..but keep it up..
You will feel better, the wallet will thank you and your CARDS do not stink to nonsmokers

I failed many many times, but after the last fail, I really didn't enjoy picking it back up, the taste was no good, it didn't make me feel relief and the guilt was awful. I'm pretty confident this time but the real test is when I get back home and start working again. There is something about working in a restaurant and dealing with people that really pushes me to smoke.
I wish everyone the best of luck and not to lose hope if you fail multiple times. I think for most to quit it takes several times of failing before it finally sinks in.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-31-2012, 05:40 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: To all fails..
Do not worry..
I am Navy Retired!!/ I smoked in high school..so did everyone..smoked in college..cigs too..haha..'..but really..once in dental school, stopped, started again..more when living with smokers..Navy time.smoked.underway.smoked a lot..then stopped..then kids 1992.. smoked only when I was away..then started to make excuses...then stopped, then started again in Spain tour since EVERYONE smoked...then kids were old enough to know..STOPPED..cold turkey...Although I had stopped for 1 -2 years at a time, I always started again..now 15 years later//no cigs at all..gained weight after retirement, gym helps, love food and beer and DO NOT NEED CIGS!!!
1,2,3,4,5,6 failures is nothing..keep the faith and they will be a historical event too!!

Sorry for the long post, I was not going to reply, because no one really cares with my struggle..but keep it up..
You will feel better, the wallet will thank you and your CARDS do not stink to nonsmokers
very helpful no apologies necessary, thanks
(01-31-2012, 06:21 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I failed many many times, but after the last fail, I really didn't enjoy picking it back up, the taste was no good, it didn't make me feel relief and the guilt was awful. I'm pretty confident this time but the real test is when I get back home and start working again. There is something about working in a restaurant and dealing with people that really pushes me to smoke.
I wish everyone the best of luck and not to lose hope if you fail multiple times. I think for most to quit it takes several times of failing before it finally sinks in.
i think you're right, as long as i keep trying to quit ill get there eventually. Good luck to you too and thanks