`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Quitting smoking

RE: OT: Quitting smoking
good luck. My wife and i agreed to quit as soon as we move into our new house. Ive been trying to cut it down to around 5 a day but usually have like 10 instead lol. Better than a pack a day though. Im def quitting as soon as the house is done, its bad enough for your health but its so friggin expensive now its rediculous

It is sickly ridiculous, you could have a case of A&G for what you spend in a year if you smoke a pack a day in MA.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-17-2012, 10:30 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: It is sickly ridiculous, you could have a case of A&G for what you spend in a year if you smoke a pack a day in MA.
Of all the things that helped me quit this was one of the top things. I sat down and calculated how much I was spending and what I could be doing with the money.

(01-19-2012, 10:42 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: just checking hopefully your still smoke free
Thanks. It's been four days. Still smoke free and it still sucks.

I know this is going to sound really weird to non-smokers. But I feel as if a part of my identity died. I just really enjoyed those seven or so minutes all to myself where I just went away and smoked a cigarette. It was almost like meditation in a way. I recently got a wii and am going to try the joga program stuff on the balance board just for something to do.

The think the thing that scares me the most is that I'll feel this way my whole life. That it will always be a struggle against some stupid craving. I really feel for people that fall for harder drugs. The only thing that makes smoking worse is that I can get it 24 hours a day and they are less than a mile away.

I did have a meeting today with a smoker and I could smell all the smoke. It stuns me to think that I used to smell like that. I NEVER noticed it when it was me, but was so overpowering.

Cards help. I've been organizing a lot of base and inserts by years. Can lose a couple of hours that way.

(01-19-2012, 11:18 PM)iujapander Wrote: Thanks. It's been four days. Still smoke free and it still sucks.

Congratulations on the milestone, your doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

The think the thing that scares me the most is that I'll feel this way my whole life. That it will always be a struggle against some stupid craving. I really feel for people that fall for harder drugs. The only thing that makes smoking worse is that I can get it 24 hours a day and they are less than a mile away.

Trust me on this, your not going to feel this way your whole life, it will and does get a lot easier over the next few weeks, You can do this, and will feel a lot better, just keep telling yourself what the little engine did "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can"

I did have a meeting today with a smoker and I could smell all the smoke. It stuns me to think that I used to smell like that. I NEVER noticed it when it was me, but was so overpowering.

Amazing isn't it?, you have been sober for 4 days, and already things start to smell differently, and if you haven't noticed it yet, you will,food starts to taste differently, and better, and your breathing a lot easier

Cards help. I've been organizing a lot of base and inserts by years. Can lose a couple of hours that way.
the whole trick to quitting is to break the routines that you fell into when you were smoking.

If you had a certain place that you went to smoke, don't go there for a couple of weeks, it does make it a lot easier.

Like I said in my earlier post, there are going to be times, especially in stressful situations, when your going to get the urge to give in, stay strong, and don't give in, you can do it.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I have been inspired by this thread....36 hrs no smokes so far

3 weeks for me today Smile
Hope everyone else is still on the wagon!

im still on...pretty close to killing someone though lol

I wish I could say that I had been good, but this weekend killed me. So I'm less than 24 hours again.

John, good luck man. If asked was it worth it, it wasn't. Back to square one and just as hard as it was before.

Pete congrats, so does that mean more of the Lincy is done Smile

(01-23-2012, 08:01 PM)iujapander Wrote: I wish I could say that I had been good, but this weekend killed me. So I'm less than 24 hours again.

John, good luck man. If asked was it worth it, it wasn't. Back to square one and just as hard as it was before.

Pete congrats, so does that mean more of the Lincy is done Smile
Yup got a good portion of the glove done over the last few days, I'm gonna take another pic later tonight.
And don't give up, it's hard to pick back up after a slip