Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Quitting smoking

OT: Quitting smoking
It's been 24 hours since my last cig.

I hate everything right now, and the only thought running through my head is "go get cigarettes, go get cigarettes, go get cigarettes, on a @#@#@#@ loop.

This does get better right?

RE: OT: Quitting smoking
It does... I promise you. 72 hours and it gets 10X easier. Keep on truckin
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

Hang in there.

Lots of carrot sticks, celery sticks, and Starlite mints will help.

Dude start chatting about baseball or anything. You gotta have will power man. Hang in there.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Just remind yourself that the money you save on cigarettes can go towards more cards. Either that or roll up some 87 topps and smoke those. Everyone knows we need more people to throw away, burn, trash more late 80's and 90's stuff in order for it to have some value later...

Previous poster was right - about 72 hours really gets easier. Make sure you start doing things where you get to feel good about not smoking - go for a hike, spend time with people that are used to you smoking so they can recognize what you are doing and help support.

You can show this to a loved one, and tell them they NEED TO BE REALLY IMPRESSED with what you are doing.

I quit for 6 months, and one of the reasons I failed at that point was that no one around me seemed to appreciate how hard it was and how proud of myself I was. I really expected more "props" but I think that people that never smoked regularly don't understand how hard it is. Even my wife took the attitude that "you shouldn't have smoked in the first place, so why should I make a big deal about it".... yea - she's a peach!

I also found that the E-Cigs are very helpful.

Lastly - if you are able to do something that wouldn't have allowed smoking anyway - that helps. My son's Cub Scout campover (3 days) was a non-smoking camp, and it was a good time to start.

I'm going to give it another shot next month when I go back to my parents for a few weeks. I know that it might not help to hear from someone who failed, but the fact that I made it 6 months shows me it can be done. I just allowed myself to go back to it when I was dealing with some bad stuff and used that as an excuse.

Chantix also helps, but sometimes is hard to get from a DR.

Anyway - you are accomplishing something that may seem impossible, and is an amazing feat - use the $ you save to buy some wax and reward yourself each week.

Let us know how it is going.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

I remember how hard it was for me 8 years ago. Give it a few days. I just ate ice all day and chewed sunflower seeds. I even dreamed about smoking woke up disappointed thinking I had smoked.

I was reminded why I quit when my co-worker got lung cancer.

Better man than me! Keep it up!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Play COD. All of the sudden hours will have passed and you will wonder where they went...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Just keep with it. Your body will love you for it.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1