`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commons for charity

Commons for charity
I just saw this. It is getting some major press and figured that I would share. Looks like a way to donate your commons to those less fortunate plus it introduces some young collectors to the hobby.

http://sharkysworld.com/commons4kids/

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/com...-giveaway/

RE: Commons for charity
very nice thing he is doing. Everyone who has a Facebook page needs to "like" this and get more attention. I will be seeing how I can send a donation in myself. Thanks for the post.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Very cool. The only thing is all of them stay in Kentucky. I personally do the same thing with all my commons and drop them at the children's hospital in Denver when my wife goes for treatment, and I my local hospital and police station. The police station loves them the most, they give them to kids in crisis, and it helps them a lot to take their mind off of the situation at hand. I hope a lot of people are inspired by this story, not only to help him, but their local kids too. Thanks for posting.

Wow! What a great idea this is! Can you imagine the difference we all can make in our communities? I was just talking to my wife about how I wanted to trim my collection...by about 100,000 cards. She was elated, but i didn't know how. Stroke of inspiration for passing this along. Thanks Swirly1007 and Jakelovescards for some ideas!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____